Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Elena Baltacha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Elena Baltacha

(Read 10650 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #165 on: September 23, 2010, 04:25 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9025473.stm

British number one Elena Baltacha went out of the Korea Open with a second-round loss to eighth seed Agnes Szavay.

The Hungarian came through 6-3 7-5 in the rain-delayed match and goes on to face Japan's Kimiko Date Krumm in the quarter-finals.

Baltacha is now due to head to India to represent Scotland at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #166 on: September 23, 2010, 06:20 PM »

Baltacha is now due to head to India to represent Scotland at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi
Epic BBC Fail!!

She's still got the Tokyo event to play before then.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #167 on: September 25, 2010, 09:04 PM »

Bally didn't qualify for for Tokyo.

She's also withdrawn from the Commonwealth Games as a precaution for her pre-existing liver condition.
After a lot of thought and discussion, I have taken the heartbreaking decision to withdraw from the Games. Conditions in Delhi are such that going there would pose too high a risk to my health.

At the age of 27 and after many years of hard work, I am now playing the best tennis of my career and I cannot afford to jeopardise that by getting ill.

I suffer from a liver condition which is linked to my immune system and makes me susceptible to picking up infections.

I am incredibly disappointed because I was really excited about playing for Scotland but I will be cheering on Team Scotland with all my heart, in particular my fellow tennis players. I am very, very sad that I won't get to play alongside them.

Aand I notice that the BBC has 2 articles on this as well as a few paragraphs of a 3rd article. lol
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #168 on: September 28, 2010, 10:34 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/commonwealth_games/delhi_2010/9036635.stm

Sounds really serious fo Bally career wise if she had have gone.  shocking
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #169 on: August 24, 2011, 10:01 AM »

Bally beat Julia Goerges from a set and a break down to reach her first WTA QF in over a year. yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #170 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44 AM »

Good news that Bally has now decided not to retire after the Olympics.  Just hope she stays healthy and fit and does manage to play for a few years more.

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/tennis/news/baltacha-makes-retirement-u-turn_10959.html
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #171 on: March 08, 2012, 10:53 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/17297107

Britain's Elena Baltacha beats Aranxta Rus at Indian Wells
British number one Elena Baltacha battled back from a set and a break adrift to beat world number 98 Aranxta Rus 3-6 6-4 6-3 at Indian Wells.

After a slow start she levelled the match in California at one-all, before losing her serve early in the third set - but took the next five games to win.

Her victory, in two hours 13 minutes, sets up a meeting with German 14th seed Julia Goerges in the second round.

Fellow Briton Anne Keothavong was beaten 6-4 2-6 7-5 by Timea Bacsinszky.

"She gave me an opportunity, I took it and after that I really felt like I was mixing everything up and I felt comfortable," said Baltacha.

"My coach Nino Severino came onto the court [and] he told me to fight, just fight - and that's what I always try to do. You're never out until you lose the last point."

Baltacha ended 2011 at 50th in the world, but has since slipped back to 62nd after winning just one of her first five matches this year
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #172 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41 AM »

Love that woman thumb up
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #173 on: August 24, 2013, 10:27 AM »

She came so close to qualifying this week.  Definite sparks of life from Elena once again :-)
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #174 on: December 08, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes 12h
Wishing @ElenaBaltacha and @nseverino all the best in the world for their nuptials today. The sun is shining. What could be nicer!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #175 on: March 07, 2014, 06:09 PM »

Dreadful news about Elena today.  Wish her all the best and hope she can stay strong and overcome her illness as Ross did. 
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #176 on: March 07, 2014, 06:11 PM »

Dreadful news about Elena today.  Wish her all the best and hope she can stay strong and overcome her illness as Ross did. 
Yes so sad, really wish her all the best , stay strong Bally , you can beat this.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #177 on: March 07, 2014, 06:40 PM »

Just heard about poor Elena Baltacha hope she gets well she is a real fighter. I wish her well and that she recovers after her treatment.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #178 on: March 07, 2014, 07:12 PM »

Horrible news. She's so young. Hope she recovers.
Good luck Elena.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Elena Baltacha « Reply #179 on: March 07, 2014, 07:24 PM »

Get well Elena - we're all rooting for you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »