Andy Murray vs Andreas Seppi, Saturday, Estimated time - 4:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Heather Watson
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 40 Reply

Heather Watson

Haha people on tennis forum basically questioning why Mirza is still playing.

IP Logged

Any idea where Watson will be ranked tommorow?
IP Logged

About 260. The points from winning Wrexham don't go on the rankings until a week tomorrow.
IP Logged

Ah I see.
IP Logged

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/usopen2010/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/10/08/26/manual_110711.html

Britain's reigning US Open junior champion Heather Watson who crashed out to Lourdes Dominguez Lino of Spain in three sets in women's qualifying.

Watson won the first set 6-2 but Lino bounced back to win the final two sets 6-4 6-3.
IP Logged

She has beaten a girl inside the top 200 and Sabine Lisicki (90) this week in Shrewsbury and is into the QF!

Amazing, she should rocket next week, hopefully the top 200! I would have said Lisicki was at least top 30 haha, shows my pathetic knowledge of women's tennis!
IP Logged

I'm sure Lisicki was ranked in the top 50 at one point. Think

And I think Heather needs to win another round to be guaranteed to be in the top 200.
IP Logged

^^Still brilliant though yes been really impressed with how she's progressing as a player Smile
IP Logged

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/9027980.stm

Heather narrowly lost 4-6 6-1 4-6.
IP Logged

She is now ranked 202 in the world. Argh, so close haha.
IP Logged

Fantastic.  At this rate, she will surely break through the 200 barrier by the end of the year.  Will Laura (presently ranked 232) do the same ?  I wonder who will end up higher ranked at the year's end Smile ?
IP Logged

Haha I would not have guessed Watson would be this high before Robson.
IP Logged

Heather will be GB no 3 (behind Bally and Anne) tomorrow after winning a large ITF in Toronto.
IP Logged

Brilliant.
IP Logged

Heather wins her first match of 2011, 1&2 over the WR 133.  yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 40 Reply