Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup

(Read 691 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « on: November 29, 2006, 01:50 PM »

Link
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:55 PM »

A 1 word thread  Think

I do hope Tim does well this year although undecided on whether he should join the DC team.
[ Last edit by Mark November 29, 2006, 01:56 PM ] IP Logged
Danton
Futures Level

Just laugh - you'll feel better for it

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 02:44 PM »

Defiantely should do Davis cup.  The players we currently have have poor rankings or poor records at Davis cup so to be honest we should forget Boggo and the rest of that generation for Davis cup and focus on those that are around 15-16 and bring them along. The others had their chance. Until they are ready Tim should carry on.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 03:51 PM »

Andy, Tim and a doubles pairing of Auckland/Jamie Murray would be a pretty decent team. Smile

Maybe even have Greg in there aswell.
[ Last edit by Sir Panda November 29, 2006, 03:52 PM ] IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 04:02 PM »

Davis Cup would be great but I would love to see Tim back in the top twenty and maybe win a few titles.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 04:08 PM »

No no no! No Tim for DC! Let the young guns have a shot. Jamie and Auks and Andy can do something good if you give them a chance.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 04:10 PM »

Not in singles. We'd be relying on Andy winning both, and us winning the doubles. We'd almost certianly lose the other two singles. Unless you bring boggo in. Have a small chance then.

But tim is the next best singles player after andy. Is those two, with jamie and james as the doubles team, we;d be seriously formidable in the world group.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 05:00 PM »

That is true, but for how long. We definately need to give Andy the rest day on the Saturday if we're planning to have him win both matches.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 05:02 PM »

Yeah well that we agree on. But regardless. The other singles player at the moment is a choice between an unknown untested youngster. Henman. or boggo.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #9 on: November 29, 2006, 05:14 PM »

Well there had to be one thing today! I'm not sure there's much to discuss anyway cause if Tim says he wants to play Lloyd'll put him in. I just hope that he does give J and J a chance in the doubles.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #10 on: November 29, 2006, 06:33 PM »

Go Tim for to 20 woohoo

For Davis Cup I would prefer to see younger guys who haven't reached their peak yet.

The audio interview
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Henman eyes top 20 and Davis Cup « Reply #11 on: November 29, 2006, 06:36 PM »

I would like to see Tim play because he retired before I really got into tennis so I've never seen him represent GB.  I know we should get the young uns playing but Tim is a better player and he can show example for the future.  Might as well get the most out of Tim before he does retire.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »