Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  HENMAN TO QUIT? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

HENMAN TO QUIT?

(Read 1138 times)
richie c
Futures Level

HENMAN TO QUIT? « on: February 26, 2006, 11:40 AM »

It's painful to write this.

Tim Henman has revealed he will "call it a day if his form and finess do noit improve this year.

Henman told The Mail On Sunday "I need to know , once and for all wether my body and mind will let me play on , if  they don't I'll be calling it a day"

Henman On Wimbeldon - Am I Good enough

Tim Henman has admitted it is looking increasingly unlikely that he will ever be crwned Wimbeldon champion

He told The Mail On Sunday "when people ask why I havn't won Wimbeldon the truth may be something none of us will be happy about". "Maybe I just wasn't good enough."

Please Tim don't retire just yet. Give Murray time to develope his game. This is terribly sad I think.
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:42 AM »

The Source of for this information ITV1 TELTEXT
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 11:42 AM »

Richie - just scanned and posted the whole article from MOS on a different thread - great minds eh! - very open and honest interview from Tim I think - yes will be a very very sad day for British tennis when Tim, and Greg, finally retire.  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
arka
HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 12:15 PM »

Henman will rise from the ashes again.....He is too talented to retire.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 02:50 PM »

yeah but if hes not enjoying it whats the point.the ideal thing would be for him to win wimbledon and then retire
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 02:54 PM »

I really want to see Henman win wimbledon before he quits. Atleast he would of achieved what he always wanted.
IP Logged
Waveforce

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 03:13 PM »

I can see Tim getting a couple of strong matches and tounaments this year i hope but when you think about retiring in the end you always do don't you otherwise you wouldn't have been thinking about it
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 06:18 PM »

It's a lot to ask someone who'll be nearly 32 and has a permanent back injury isn't it?

I know Ivanisavic did it with a shoulder injury, but I dont think Tim's game is condusive to winning Slams. I want him to retire with dignity, then perhaps more people will realise just what a fantastic player he's been.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 06:26 PM »

No offence to Henman fans but I dont think he has a chance of winning Wimbledon this year. His best chance went years ago
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 06:29 PM »

Well, to be realistic, I totally agree, he doesn't have a chance. But I really hope he can do it! I chose him over anyone to win it, he deserves it, but I don't think he can.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

HENMAN TO QUIT? « Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 07:09 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
No offence to Henman fans but I dont think he has a chance of winning Wimbledon this year. His best chance went years ago

He Doesn't.

Honestly.

But that doesn't mean he should just give up.

But I think he over the years had been a great ambassador for the sport in britain, yeah he hasn't won anything major, but well how can you not love him?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »