Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  HENMAN TO QUIT?
Pages: [1] Reply

HENMAN TO QUIT?

It's painful to write this.

Tim Henman has revealed he will "call it a day if his form and finess do noit improve this year.

Henman told The Mail On Sunday "I need to know , once and for all wether my body and mind will let me play on , if  they don't I'll be calling it a day"

Henman On Wimbeldon - Am I Good enough

Tim Henman has admitted it is looking increasingly unlikely that he will ever be crwned Wimbeldon champion

He told The Mail On Sunday "when people ask why I havn't won Wimbeldon the truth may be something none of us will be happy about". "Maybe I just wasn't good enough."

Please Tim don't retire just yet. Give Murray time to develope his game. This is terribly sad I think.
IP Logged

The Source of for this information ITV1 TELTEXT
IP Logged

Richie - just scanned and posted the whole article from MOS on a different thread - great minds eh! - very open and honest interview from Tim I think - yes will be a very very sad day for British tennis when Tim, and Greg, finally retire.  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
arka

Henman will rise from the ashes again.....He is too talented to retire.
IP Logged

yeah but if hes not enjoying it whats the point.the ideal thing would be for him to win wimbledon and then retire
IP Logged

I really want to see Henman win wimbledon before he quits. Atleast he would of achieved what he always wanted.
IP Logged

I can see Tim getting a couple of strong matches and tounaments this year i hope but when you think about retiring in the end you always do don't you otherwise you wouldn't have been thinking about it
IP Logged

It's a lot to ask someone who'll be nearly 32 and has a permanent back injury isn't it?

I know Ivanisavic did it with a shoulder injury, but I dont think Tim's game is condusive to winning Slams. I want him to retire with dignity, then perhaps more people will realise just what a fantastic player he's been.
IP Logged

No offence to Henman fans but I dont think he has a chance of winning Wimbledon this year. His best chance went years ago
IP Logged

Well, to be realistic, I totally agree, he doesn't have a chance. But I really hope he can do it! I chose him over anyone to win it, he deserves it, but I don't think he can.
IP Logged

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
No offence to Henman fans but I dont think he has a chance of winning Wimbledon this year. His best chance went years ago

He Doesn't.

Honestly.

But that doesn't mean he should just give up.

But I think he over the years had been a great ambassador for the sport in britain, yeah he hasn't won anything major, but well how can you not love him?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply