Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  henman v koubek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

henman v koubek

(Read 1737 times)
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

henman v koubek « on: February 04, 2006, 02:07 PM »

looks like tims lost the first set.according to bbc livescore hes a break down at 2-5
come on timmy boy
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

henman v koubek « Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 02:14 PM »

loses first set 6-3

ive got to go off now so im going to miss it all Frown
wont find out the score till about 11:30 prob
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

henman v koubek « Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 02:41 PM »

one set all now, tim getting into the match after a poor start
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

henman v koubek « Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 03:00 PM »

Uh-oh, Tims in trouble now....Koubecks up 3-1 and serving in the last...

4-1 Koubeck.

Both serves are spending a lot of time on deuce...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

henman v koubek « Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 03:07 PM »

Tim getting some treatment now on his back - has looked stiff from beginning of match.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

henman v koubek « Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 03:09 PM »

Oh no no

Poor Tim....hope he hasn't done it in again Frown
IP Logged
crookshanks
Challenger Level

henman v koubek « Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 03:22 PM »

He lost  no What a pity, he had recovered so well from losing the first set! Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

henman v koubek « Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 03:27 PM »

Signs not good that Tim's back can hold up for whole tournament these days.  Eurosport comm. quoted Tim as saying it just 'goes for no reason and without warning'.  Pity, as second set went well.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

henman v koubek « Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 03:55 PM »

Crying or Very sad Nooooo..... no  Poor Timmy, it would have been good to have seen him get to a final, but oh well, he did do well this week  goodjob
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 04:02 PM »

goodjob  Yes he has done well this week and I do hope that he'll be okay.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 04:59 PM »

Crying or Very sad Awww...
Well congrats for Tim getting to the SFs in the first place!!  =D> Hopefully he'll follow that trend for the rest of 2006. Great second set!! Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 11:25 PM »

From Tim Henman's official website:-

Austrian Stefan Koubek proved too good for Tim Henman in the last four of the PBZ Zagreb Indoors on Saturday.

The left-hander hit back after dropping the second set to beat the British number one 6-3 3-6 6-2.

Henman did well to level the match after falling a set behind, but was clearly suffering from back problems in the decider which restricted his serving and movement around the court.

“It’s a frustrating end to the tournament,” said Henman. “My back did get a little stiff earlier in the week but I managed to get by.

“I had to throw the ball up slightly straighter on my serve and it was tough to move out wide to my right.

“Stefan exploited the fact that I was struggling, especially towards the end of the match and he deserves credit for doing that – he’s had a great week.

“I’ve worked hard on my fitness and it’s disappointing that having got a few matches under my belt I wasn’t able to make more of the situation here.

“I have a bit of time now to let it calm down and I’m sure that in a few days' time I’ll look back on the week as a whole and there will be a lot of positives to take from it, but at the moment my overiding feeling is one of frustration.”

Koubek goes on to face top seed Ivan Ljubicic (CRO) in Sunday's final after the top seed beat Novak Djokovic (SCG) 6-7 6-3 6-4.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

henman v koubek « Reply #12 on: February 04, 2006, 11:34 PM »

oh well, at least he had a good run at the tournament, and maybe he can get some form going now.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

henman v koubek « Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006, 11:45 PM »

yeah its a shame for tim.i was a bit gutted but considering hes not got to semifinals in over a year thats a start in itself
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

henman v koubek « Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 01:13 AM »

I've spent the last ten years cheering Teem, but watching today's match I so wish he's retire, OK, maybe after Wimbledon.

It's like watching a shadow of a man , knowing how brilliant at the net he was for most of his career.

It's not like his back is going to get any better, it's all downhill from now, just he is trying to strengthen the muscles around the bad back.

But I can never see him regaining the movement and flexiility he used to have, and he could be causing himself lifelong damage.

I want to remember the brilliant serve and volleyer we had , not a shadow of his former self. He's geriatric in tennis terms, so time to stop.

Besides, tennis has made him a multi millionaire. Time to stop and think on that he's been an inspiration to many, played a wonderful style of tennis not very often seen these days and the best tennis player this country has ever had in the modern era.

Tim, you were great. Now dont punish your body any more. Retire, play golf, look after and spend time with your wife and those two dughters of yours. You've earned it.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »