Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  henman v koubek 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

henman v koubek

(Read 1782 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #15 on: February 05, 2006, 01:32 AM »

That was a very... interasting peace of writting there.  =D>
 Crying or Very sad Lovely....
I agree 100%... Tim's brought up British tennis to something special.. and one man can't continue doing something spectacular like that his whole life. He devoted himself, and acheived most of his goals and did his country good!
The time always comes... and it's not the end.
British tennis has a very good future. No pressure Andy!  :P
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #16 on: February 05, 2006, 07:40 AM »

Yeah true.  Sad that we won't be able to cheer him on anymore, but that time had to come eventually.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

henman v koubek « Reply #17 on: February 05, 2006, 10:29 AM »

I think that Tim ought to consider doubles - the pressure would be off him a little bit - but he wants to focus on singles.  Only Tim can make the tough decision to retire and should he go then I'll miss him terribly, but if he wants to see the year out, then I have to support that decision, good or bad.  If you really love being part of something, then it's hard to give it up.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 10:32 AM »

I'd like to see Tim do doubles, he was really good at it.  Don't forget he won a Silver Medal at the Olymbics.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

henman v koubek « Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 10:32 AM »

I think he should go to Wimbledon one last time, and give it everything he's got...... and perhaps even win it Very Happy

But it will be hard for him to retire, but then again, is it ever easy to do so?
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006, 10:41 AM »

Yeh I bet it is.  Do you reckon he'd still be involved in tennis like become a commentator or whatever.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

henman v koubek « Reply #21 on: February 05, 2006, 02:13 PM »

Shame Henman lost, I was out all night and didn't get back to 3 in the morning.  Was looking forward to watching him in the final today.  At least his ranking will improve for the first time in ages.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

henman v koubek « Reply #22 on: February 05, 2006, 04:03 PM »

Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
Yeh I bet it is.  Do you reckon he'd still be involved in tennis like become a commentator or whatever.

Very Happy I can't imagine Tim joining Sue in commentary box. Don't know..  dontknow I think it will look a bit odd. Rolling Eyes Would be very funny to have two legends commentating though  =D>
I see him dissapearing for a few years after he retiers.. who knows. We might see him getting involved in coaching.
Or a future golf star? Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »