Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Hopes For The Future. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Hopes For The Future.

(Read 7057 times)
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 10:29 PM »

Heehee, that will be cool!

I worked really hard for the last two weeks, trying to find out the names of kids who could become pros. There are loads of people in the 9-11 year old group who can be good.

I am seriously crippled by geography, so Google was the way to go! w00t
IP Logged
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #31 on: September 10, 2006, 06:27 PM »

Jonny O' Mara is one brave kid. Surprised

"I want to be No1," he declares without a blink.

No1 in Britain? "No1 in the world!"

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=2132022005

He can be a good player in the years to come if he receives proper training. And I'm sure that he'll be one in the years to come.

He's really young. Smile 

Official site. clap clap   Isn't that really sweet? Very Happy

http://www.freewebs.com/jonnyomaraonline
IP Logged
daveo

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #32 on: September 11, 2006, 11:19 PM »

Interesting thread-as the aforementioned Jonny O'mara's dad, i t's great to see that people are talking about the talented juniors as well as the superstars out there-its one heck of a tough, long, expensive but still exciting road to go!  Some names I would like to put in for the future are a trio of talented 95's from GB who I think will be pushing each other along for a few years yet, namely Luke Bambridge, Mohammed Morsi, and if you'll forgive me Jonny O'Mara. Luke and Jonny will be playing doubles together this year and I think they will have a lot of success as they play like real pro's together very agressive tennis. In their first doubles ever together they beat the Swedish 1 and 2 love and love and looked petty phenomenal. Who will win the big titles between them (or of course the many other good 95's coming through) I am not sure. I think I can also offer some 94's manes too as Jonny as been playing most of them over the last few years though they now move on to u14s competitions and jonny will still play u12 mainly in europe and GB and maybe some u14s in scotland, they are Jathan malik, who won this years Nationals (beating Jonny in the Quarters-no hard feelings) Whistle Jathan is a very athletic and likeable lad, Liam Broady-a very fast and feisty player and add to them Lucas Poelman and Jonathon Cornish as my wildcards.
To understand just how competitive it is even at the age of 11 Jonny was defaulted out of the BMW u12 tournament in germany a couple of weeks ago for mistakenly taking a second toilet break-his opponents parents brought it to the attention of the referee who didn't really want to default for doing something that is allowed at almost all the other tournies but they demanded it-nothing to do with Jonny looking like he was going to win that one-do you think?  And I am trying to teach Jonny to be a true sportsman-not a great example from adults!!
www.freewebs.com/jonnyomaraonline
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #33 on: September 11, 2006, 11:21 PM »

Wow, you are Johnny O' Mara's dad?  shocking

Welcome to the site! Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #34 on: September 11, 2006, 11:22 PM »

Hey! Good to see tennis parents getting involved on the site! Nice to meet you!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #35 on: September 11, 2006, 11:27 PM »

welcome daveo - it would be great if you would make a introduction thread here!
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #36 on: September 11, 2006, 11:27 PM »

Yes thats great to see, Arka must be freaking out right now at this arrival Wink
IP Logged
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 03:04 AM »

Yes thats great to see, Arka must be freaking out right now at this arrival Wink

I've 'spoken' to Dave O' Mara before this. Wink

But yes, this is one of the nicest things that has ever happened to this place. Very Happy
[ Last edit by Arka September 12, 2006, 03:28 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #38 on: September 12, 2006, 03:52 AM »

Interesting thread-as the aforementioned Jonny O'mara's dad, i t's great to see that people are talking about the talented juniors as well as the superstars out there-its one heck of a tough, long, expensive but still exciting road to go! 

Thank you! Out here at MW we speak about tennis players from all levels. Smile And I'm really interested in youg tennis players.

Some names I would like to put in for the future are a trio of talented 95's from GB who I think will be pushing each other along for a few years yet, namely Luke Bambridge, Mohammed Morsi, and if you'll forgive me Jonny O'Mara. Luke and Jonny will be playing doubles together this year and I think they will have a lot of success as they play like real pro's together very agressive tennis.

Luke Bambridge is a brilliant prospect! Surprised  I was going to post about him very soon.

I hope that Luke and Jonny will click quite well because they are both really promising. Best of luck to the boys.

And Morsi is a good prospect as well. Surprised

I think I can also offer some 94's manes too as Jonny as been playing most of them over the last few years though they now move on to u14s competitions and jonny will still play u12 mainly in europe and GB and maybe some u14s in scotland, they are Jathan malik, who won this years Nationals (beating Jonny in the Quarters-no hard feelings) Whistle Jathan is a very athletic and likeable lad, Liam Broady-a very fast and feisty player and add to them Lucas Poelman and Jonathon Cornish as my wildcards.

Liam is soooo good and Jathan is promising at the same time.

Don't forget youg Louis Watts either, he can be a good player. Smile

To understand just how competitive it is even at the age of 11 Jonny was defaulted out of the BMW u12 tournament in germany a couple of weeks ago for mistakenly taking a second toilet break-his opponents parents brought it to the attention of the referee who didn't really want to default for doing something that is allowed at almost all the other tournies but they demanded it-nothing to do with Jonny looking like he was going to win that one-do you think?  And I am trying to teach Jonny to be a true sportsman-not a great example from adults!!

That's really sad. Surprised  I had no idea that this sort of unhealthy competition existed even at this young a level. Frown

Tell Jonny not to care much about such things. It was through absolutely no fault of his.

Do make him a true spotrsman! He's going to face a lot of such things in the next few years, opponents will use all sorts of tactics to brimg him down, but I'm sure that like true winners always do, he's going to overcome the difficulties.

[ Last edit by Arka September 12, 2006, 04:36 AM ] IP Logged
daveo

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #39 on: September 12, 2006, 12:38 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes and good wishes guys. Jonny and I will make sure the site is bookmarked and try to keep everyone posted on the latest news from the Junior tour on here and his website and blog. He starts full training after a summer of competition next week-thats 4 days a week of pretty tough tennis but Jonny is a very natural talent and not awfully big yet unlike a lot of his opponents so I feel he doesn't need to be playing constantly, rather quality than quantity, if you know what I mean and I don't want to risk an overuse injury that you see so often in players in their later careers. We are going to visit the Florence academy in a couple of weeks to see the facilities there for a possible future base or warm weather training possibility, though things are happening in Scotland too so we may not have to do the Andy route and spend some time abroad-we''l see how it works out
Competitive Tennis starts early November with the u12Ariel Grand Prix near Nottingham. jonny finished 3rd overall last year in the Ariel Masters series of which the grand prix is the first leg which was  a really great result for an 10/11 year old so his target this year at under 12 proper is to beat that. He'll give it his best shot I am sure.

:confused:so arka and morgan z are the very same-interesting!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 01:34 PM »

Yep, we are the same. Wink

Going to Florence seems like a brilliant idea to me. clap clap clap   I'm not that much in favour of budding players selecting a base in Britain.

Best of luck for Nottingham.  goodjob    I'll surely follow his progress.  Smile
IP Logged
daveo

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 09:02 PM »

yes-do keep an eye out for us

Florence is mainly an holiday really but worth looking round whilst there

In the latest LTA rankings out today Jonny has just sneaked number 1 position in GB for 95 birthdates again after having lost it last month which has pleased him but in reality its a small indication only of who or who may  not be a top player in years to come. A lot of the top players did little as juniors-including the awesome Federer himself who was constantly being beat by his compatriots right up to mid/late teens-I think it was Giles Muller who was the big junior star. And of course our own Tim henman was a late developer. Still nice to be numero uno though and a challenge to keep it.

regards
Jonnys dad
www.freewebs.com/jonnyomaraonline
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 09:04 PM »

Well done Johnny. Thanks for telling us Dave! Smile

Keep it up. goodjob
IP Logged
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 09:08 PM »

Yep, Gilles was the number one. He attended Sanchez-Casal as far as I know.

And congrats on being the number one once again. clap

Actually I was checking out things about Florence Tennis School the other day. Seems nice.  Do have a great time out there. Smile
[ Last edit by Arka September 15, 2006, 09:12 PM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: Hopes For The Future. « Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 04:55 PM »

Unlike the other boys, of whom I came to know through other sites, I came to know of this boy through Dave O'Mara, so a 'thanks' to him.

http://www.dailyrecordsportingheroes.co.uk/profile_page.php?id=31

Too young to say anything, but every good player was ten years of age at one point of time....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »