Andy Murray vs Teymuraz Gabashvili, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match

MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Jamie Baker
Poll
How many Brits will there be in the top 100 by the end of 2007?  (Voting closed: January 08, 2006, 12:23 PM)
1 - 1 (7.1%)
2 - 0 (0%)
3 - 6 (42.9%)
4 - 6 (42.9%)
5 - 0 (0%)
More.... - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15 Reply

Jamie Baker

Think he played mostly Challengers last year whereas this is a future?
IP Logged

He should be playing the challengers, he's to good for Futures now.  I'd rather he lost a few matches but pushed himself in the harder comps., he's never going to get better sticking to his comfort zone, time for him to get out of the box and push the boundaries abit.
IP Logged

I missed the fact this was a Future.

Damn right - what's he doing wasting his time?

Is this a career or a hobby? old
IP Logged

But I suppose if he's looking for a confidence boost, or his ranking can't get him into the challengers in the area of the world he's in atm possibly that's all he can do...
IP Logged

Fair enough, I was a bit harsh.

But KitKat's right - he's too good for Futures now. Whatever happens, he has to make that step up.
IP Logged

Agreed.
IP Logged

Jamie must have been doing better in tournaments this time last year, he has just won the event but slipped 1 place down the rankings and I'm pretty sure that happened last week as well, when he got to QF's or Semis, can't remember which.  It must be a bit soul destroying to win a tournament and still go backwards in the rankings.
The Future's win yesterday is not getting added on until next Monday and the week before he didn't play and drop points for a challenger the year before.
IP Logged

But he has to play Futures for a few weeks to get his ranking back up to allow him to enter Challengers.  He got to the semis of some American Challenger last year but couldn't defend the points this year because of DC duties.  He'll be playing a couple more of the American futures to hopefully be ranked high enough to get in some main draws or be seeded in most qualifying draws.
IP Logged

Here is the draw for Harlingen. Smile He's number 1 seed.
IP Logged

Let's hope #1 seed isn't a curse ...

[#4 seed is "Pavel Chekhov" - wasn't he in Star Trek? Smile ]

IP Logged

Jamie won 6-7(2) 7-5 6-3 yay
IP Logged

Jamie won in his US Future again, now in the QFs.  He saved lots of match points in the 2nd set but won in 3.
IP Logged

Hw won his QF 6-3, 6-4.  yay cmon yeah

Now plays Uladzimir Ignatik, junior number 2, and world ranked 666.
IP Logged

666?  nervous
IP Logged

Baker won 6-4, 7-6. cmon yeah yay

Plays Jurek Stasiak, ranked 1246, in the final.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 15 Reply