Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Kyle Edmund 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Kyle Edmund

(Read 4676 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #75 on: July 04, 2013, 02:07 PM »

I can't believe he is losing this match. This title is Quinzi's.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 03:49 PM »

He won - and plays Quinzi next.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 03:51 PM »

Edmund vs. Quinzi is going to be a super match.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Look forward to it - when will it be? Big fan of Edmund for donating half his Eastbourne prize money to Ross Hutchins Charity - it would have been one of his biggest paycheques and would have been really helpful to funding his time on tour so a great gesture.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #79 on: July 04, 2013, 05:27 PM »

The other kid was really talented, I thought, and only 15!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 05:29 PM »

His nickname is the Doc.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Just won his doubles too
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #82 on: July 04, 2013, 06:51 PM »

The other kid was really talented, I thought, and only 15!
Brilliant court craft, great retriever, but will need to bulk up really. At 15 he has plenty of time to do that yet, although I doubt he'll ever hit 6 foot. Maybe a new Nishikori type player. He is hugely talented though, definitely one to watch out for.

Edmund struggled first set but once he got going there was only one player in it. Won 8 games in a row and was cruising until Kozlov took an unnecessary time-out (bad habits start early I guess..) to throw him off. Which worked, but Edmund's superior physicality eventually wore through (as you'd expect).

Kyle did look a little jaded though. Should be a good SF with Quinzi - Kyle and Quinzi are the two highest ranked juniors on tour after Kyrgios, separated by just a handful of ranking points.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #83 on: July 04, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Look forward to it - when will it be? Big fan of Edmund for donating half his Eastbourne prize money to Ross Hutchins Charity - it would have been one of his biggest paycheques and would have been really helpful to funding his time on tour so a great gesture.

It was really good of him, though I think it might also have been a bit of a thank you for being given three main draw wild cards - Queens, Eastbourne and Wimbledon - and therefore a guaranteed income of £30,000 in June! I don't mean to belittle his gesture at all, but just don't want other Brit players criticised for not doing the same.

I went to Wimbledon for the first time ever yesterday, and was at Court 14 for Kyle's match v Jonny O'Mara. I thought it might be quite a lively atmosphere with two Brits playing, but it was actually all rather subdued. Wonderful to see everything so close up on those courts though. 

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #84 on: August 10, 2013, 02:25 PM »

In his first tournament back since Wimbledon, Kyle wins the $15k (worth 27 ranking points) event in Italy - comprehensively beating the world #293 Naso (who beat Ward earlier in the year) 6-3, 6-2 in the final. That's the biggest title of his career. Well, only his third title actually.

Will now set a new CH around #350 in the world and isn't far off being Britain's #4 (Klein, Corrie, Cox, Alex Ward and Edmund all very close to each other).

En route Kyle also took out the WR249 2nd seed Jordi Samper-Montana 5-7, 7-5, 6-4 - Samper having served for the match at 7-5, 5-3. Kyle proved he's very capable of battling from behind against a very solid player who took now top 100 player Carreno-Busta to a final set tie-break earlier in the year.

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100029684
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #85 on: August 10, 2013, 05:21 PM »

TMH thanx for posting all this about other Brits. Much appreciated. clap
Brilliant for Kyle cmon yeah
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #86 on: August 16, 2013, 08:21 PM »

Kyle is 4th seed in another €15k this week and is into the SFs - taking his winning streak to 8 matches now. Will rise to the 330s, at least. Top 300 is a real possibility right now.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #87 on: August 23, 2013, 06:26 PM »

Unfortunately Kyle was taken out by former top 250 player Balleret for the last two weeks running - the SFs last week and in the QFs again today.

Still, picks up another 11 points from those two tournaments as he continues to edge towards the top 300. Must be thinking about doing challengers soon.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #88 on: January 18, 2014, 07:20 AM »

Back in action this week for the first time in months (well, apart from a competitive defeat in Chennai first week) and looking good. Despite starting slow (including losing the first set 0-6 in round 2!) he's won all three matches in a very competitive draw and is into the SFs where he plays Darian King today.

Also rumours that Kyle will be selected as GB#2 for the Davis Cup, probably due to his clay court pedigree (albeit at Futures and Juniors level).

I fully expect him to be GB#3 by the end of the year, if not higher.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter January 18, 2014, 02:40 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Kyle Edmund « Reply #89 on: January 18, 2014, 07:39 AM »

Gr8 news TMH. He's a really competitive guy which always helps...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »