Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Estimated time - 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  LTA's sale of Queen's Club
Pages: [1] Reply

LTA's sale of Queen's Club

http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/09/14/sthodg14.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/09/14/ixsport.html

What do you all think of this ?
IP Logged

I think it's a positive move. The money can be used for British tennis and it's players.

Would that mean that Andy could stay at the Hyatt Regency everywhere he goes? 8)
IP Logged

in so far as the money raised will go to fund british tennis and the future of the stella artois champs. and any other tennis events that may crop up in the future will be secure it seems like a good move - but i don't think we can be 100% certain of anything until we know who buys it!
IP Logged

David Lloyd, a former Great Britain Davis Cup captain, emerged yesterday as a potential bidder for Queen's Club. The Lawn Tennis Association are selling the west London club, which stages the grass-court Stella Artois tournament every June. It is understood that the bidders could include Next Generation Clubs, a health chain founded by Lloyd and his son, Scott, following the sale of the David Lloyd Leisure business.

Just found this on the telegraph sport website Very Happy
IP Logged

What changes would happen if Queen's was sold?  Would someone else get the income or is it just the name that will change?  Would Stella Artois still be involved or is it all too early to say.
IP Logged

Dont suppose anyone is willing to lend me 50 million  Question

lol
IP Logged

Members set to buy Queens Club
IP Logged

The Lawn Tennis Association has sold Queens Club for 35 million Pounds!  Many members have protested this.

I am shocked.
IP Logged

Queen's Club will be sold to its members by the Lawn Tennis Association for a reduced price of £35 million.

Queen's Club will continue to host the Stella Artois championships

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/6181177.stm
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2006, 02:50 AM ] IP Logged

Thanks, im bad with links
IP Logged

Yes you are! whip

You don't have to do anything special, just copy and paste it from the address bar to here Very Happy
IP Logged

Sounds simple. I think
IP Logged

Sounds simple. I think
Yep very... it automatically makes it a clickable link Smile
[ Last edit by Mark December 15, 2006, 02:55 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply