Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  The Other British Men 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 183 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: The Other British Men  (Read 76096 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

MALE BRITISH PLAYERS « Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 03:54 PM »

Fab - Thank you! Smile

Would be nice for Britain to have a top class doubles pairing - is your opinion that they should concentrate on moving up the doubles circuit and seeing how far they can go, or working on their singles for a while?
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

MALE BRITISH PLAYERS « Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 04:44 PM »

I think Alex Bogdanovic might do well this year, he was starting to pick up a bit at the end of 2005, it would be nice to get another player into the top 100.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

MALE BRITISH PLAYERS « Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 08:26 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
Maybe Amy has a match for top player on the website.

lol. just read that!
IP Logged
Tom-thegodofpassion
MALE BRITISH PLAYERS « Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 03:12 AM »

Well I'd like to see Colin keep at the singles as he's making real progress there - he jumped over 1200 places last year to 436.
However, I think Jamie Murray should abandon his singles hopes [I mean if you lose 6-1, 6-4 to Edward Allinson who's not even ranked on indoor courts you're not exactly going to be a top 200 player] and concentrate on doubles which he is strongest at.

For Amy, good luck in your tennis career you sound like you could be a promising player. Here's a tip from Billie Jean King:

If you're up against an opponent with big breasts make her play lots of backhand volleys, backhand volleys are hardest for players with big boobs. Billie Jean says if your opponent is  a C-D cup upwards, make her play lots of backhand volleys. She advises players to ask their opponents bra sizes before matches and to adapt their tactics accordingly.

I tried this tactic and it has worked out well, however:

In a mixed doubles tournament, I fancied the idea of a bit of pre-match flirting and so I could adapt my match tactics, I went over and asked my young, blonde and magnificently buxom female opponent what her bra size was. Alas, my good intentions were ruined by a stinging slap to the side of the face.
IP Logged
Tom-thegodofpassion
MALE BRITISH PLAYERS « Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 03:14 AM »

Oh, I forgot to mention, for a match report of Slabinsky - Bloomfield, go to Slabinsky's official website. I hear that the site admin are all gifts from the gods to womankind
IP Logged
arka
The Other Brits: Men. « Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 10:17 AM »

This thread was originally dedicated to Alex Bogdanovic, but later this became the place to discuss the latest on Brits in challengers, futures and satellites.

So do not read the posts below and think that people are speaking non sense.  hug hug hug
[ Last edit by Arka October 18, 2006, 04:57 PM ] IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

The Other Brits. « Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 10:26 AM »

I don't know about an Official fansite but I follow the British players on the BBC website and the LTA website.
IP Logged
murray mad
ATP Level

flexible

The Other Brits. « Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 02:48 PM »

I think he's a pretty good player although his head usually drops when he gets broken on his serve, if he had the fighting spirit I can see him being in the top 50 in the world.
IP Logged
arka
The Other Brits. « Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 05:08 PM »

Bogdanovic(sixth seed) plays in Trofeo Baci & Abbracci - Bergamo challenger
 Arvind PARMAR in round 1

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/posting/2006/854/mds.pdf
IP Logged
arka
The Other Brits. « Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 05:19 PM »

Bogdanovic won 7/6 (5) 6/2
IP Logged
arka
The Other Brits. « Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 09:36 AM »

Bogdanovic plays Alex Calatrava of Spain in round 2 at around 1700 GMT
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

The Other Brits. « Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 09:57 AM »

Also in the same competition are the doubles pairing of Richard Bloomfield and Jonathan Marray, they are on today too, before Alex, if they win today they will be in the semi finals.
IP Logged
arka
The Other Brits. « Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 10:00 AM »

Richard Bloomfield and Jonathan Marray play Flavio Cipolla(ITA) /  Jan Mertl (CZE) at around 1600
IP Logged
alansk
Satellite Level

The Other Brits. « Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 11:00 AM »

Isn't it 3pm-ish GMT for Bogdan if it's 4pm in Bergamo?
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

The Other Brits. « Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 11:20 AM »

That would be right, their an hour ahead of us.  I suppose it just says not before 4pm so might be later.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 183 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »