Andy Murray vs Ivo Karlovic, Monday, Estimated time - 3:15pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  The Other British Men
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 194 Reply

The Other British Men

They'll complain if Andy opts to play and just walks back into the squad, they'll complain if he doesn't play. He can't win.
IP Logged

Kyle Edmund has a WC for the Sarasota CH.

He's drawn James Ward!
IP Logged

Kyle Edmund has a WC for the Sarasota CH.

He's drawn James Ward!

That's annoying, even if it does mean there's a Brit in Round 2 guaranteed.

Nice to see 2 Futures doubles titles for Josh Ward-Hibbert and Andrew Fitzpatrick these last two weeks in Viet Nam  - maybe JWH learnt a trick or two playing with Freddie Nielsen the other week! Did well in singles too, reaching SF
IP Logged

Yep, Josh's first semi-final. Didn't do bad against one of the top ranked teenagers on the tour either, Lucas Pouille who won a few titles last year and put up a good fight against Troicki in Montpelier earlier in the year.

I'm looking forward to seeing who wins the all-British tie. Will be a good chance to see where Kyle is at compared to Britain's #2.
IP Logged

James Ward just taken 1st set v Kyle Edmund 6-3 in Sarasota Challenger

Then took 2nd set 6-4.

Steven ‏@GBtennis 2m
Sarasota Challenger R1: 2009 champ @JamesWardtennis beats (WC) @kyle8edmund 3&4 (decent from both Brits - 7 bps each, James took 4, Kyle 2)

Fairly different atmosphere from Davis Cup. More people on court than watching I think!
[ Last edit by Elena April 16, 2013, 05:32 PM ] IP Logged

Sarasota Ch: In R2, @JamesWardtennis plays Mischa Zverev GER WR 152 (CH 45, 2009) who bt the top seed Michael Russel 0&3. H2H 1-0 JW won in 3 @ AOQ this yr
IP Logged

good to see Fleming and Marray have won their dubs at MC - beat Marray's former dubs partner"
IP Logged

In Monte Carlo Qureshi & Roger (4) beat Fleming & Marray 6-4 6-1. Close first set.

Qualifiers Bozoljac & Devvarman beat Jamie M & John Speers (2) in first round of Sarasota Challenger yesterday 3-6 6-1 10-4. Good first set...
IP Logged

Ward playing now. Live stream:

http://www.usta.com/Pro-Tennis/Pro-Circuit/pro_circuit_live/

Not playing well at all; doesn't look comfortable, really passive, lots of errors.

Zverev solid, but not having to do much. 5-1 Zverev in first set.

Six games in a row for Zverev. 6-1.
IP Logged

I like the whispering commentary - it's like a wildlife programme!
IP Logged

I like the whispering commentary - it's like a wildlife programme!
I thought the same! Sounds like a random bloke's just popped along and decided to do his own commentary.

Ward ends the run of 7 games to hold. 1-1.
IP Logged

Couple of stunning points from Ward, earning a break point with a beautiful touch volley after a hefty rally, before Zverev double faults to hand him the break.
IP Logged

I thought the same! Sounds like a random bloke's just popped along and decided to do his own commentary.

Think he might be from Sarasota tourist board!

hooray - a successful drop shot!
IP Logged

Ward breaks again for 5-2 with a cracking passing shot and lets out his first 'cmon!'. Really taking his chances this set.

1-6, 6-2. Into a third.

Breaks in the opening game of the 3rd. Now won 7 of the last 8 games.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter April 18, 2013, 05:29 PM ] IP Logged

Ward leading 3-1 now (though my livestream a game behind)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 ... 194 Reply