Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Naomi Cavaday 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Naomi Cavaday

(Read 5329 times)
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 05:24 AM »

Naomi is fifth in the Alts. list for the 25K that will be held in Nottingham the week after next.

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptanceList.asp?tournament=1100014070&event=&order=Position

She should get in as a direct entrant. In the unlikely case that she doesn't, she's almost assured of a wild card.

She has wins against top 250 players, so she can do well out here. I do hope that she won't be in the same quarter as South or Borwell.

I wish that Fitzpatrick be given a wild card into the main draw. Smile
[ Last edit by Arka September 13, 2006, 06:50 AM ] IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 12:08 PM »

No Fitzpatrick. confused

I think Anna is going to play a couple of junior tournaments in Serbia.

The Serbian trip went pretty badly for Anna. Frown   She qualified and lost in the first round of the G3 and couldn't qualify for the G2. She could have stayed in GB and played in the 10K. Ah well....

Last week's 10K surprised me a bit. I expected Naomi to win the title, but she lost to Georgie Stoop in the quarters. I didn't mind Stoop winning that much, she's pretty young. Stoop lost to Anna Smith in the finals. Anna is playing some great tennis these days. Smile
IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 12:13 PM »

But Naomi is playing some great tennis this week. She got a wild card and had a tough round one match against the seventh seed and someone ranked around 225 places above her, but she won convincingly with a 6-2 6-1 scoreline. clap

She seems to be very comfortable playing against top 300 players even though she is ranked outside the top 500. Good signs indeed....

Could someone help me with something I want to know? Smile

Are 25K points added the Monday after the tournament, or after a gap of one week?

IP Logged
jamatthews
Junior

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 12:23 PM »

After a week gap.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #49 on: September 28, 2006, 04:47 PM »

Thanks for that. Smile

Naomi's good run continues as she defeated Webley-Smith in three sets. 

This is her second ever 25K but she seems to be very comfortable out there. Will do her ranking a lot of good.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 10:34 PM »

wow... i hate to say it but Naomi looks a better prospect than jade at the moment... although admittedly Naomi is older and more experienced....
IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 10:38 PM »

Tara Moore is the best prospect at this moment. Wink   

But yeah, Naomi is loads better than Jade at the moment. Jade has time in her hands.......

Jade can be pretty frustrating. She'll play her best her tennis on one day and lose to someone unheralded the next. Like her coach said to you, "She defeats herself." Frown

If she sorts her issues out, she'll be amazing.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 10:40 PM »

well i said: "i've noticed jade doesnt really have an glitches in her game, so i'm guessing that when she loses its because she beats herself?" and he said, "yep." she destroys pavluchenkova (or whatever the **** her name is) 6-2 6-2 in practice matches but cant do it when it counts....
IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 10:47 PM »

She destryoed Wozniacki in the practice game. Wink

And thanks for the real quote. goodjob
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 11:21 PM »

but of course.... oh yea his exact words at that part were: "she destroys the number two seed here 6-2 6-2" just that portion.... he mentioned number 2 seed specifically... i wonder how one get's a press pass? i'll need to find out...
IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #55 on: September 29, 2006, 04:37 PM »

Do so, I hope that you'll get to speak to Jade next year.

Naomi won once again. A 6-2 6-4 victory over an opponent ranked 170 places higher than her. Smile
IP Logged
jamatthews
Junior

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #56 on: September 29, 2006, 04:40 PM »

She faces Amanda Keen (who is underanked because she retired last year, but came back earlier this year). She beat Amanda on Grass (which is Amanda's best surface) earlier this year so you have to fancy her chances tomorrow.
IP Logged
arka
Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #57 on: September 29, 2006, 06:59 PM »

She beat Amanda on Grass (which is Amanda's best surface) earlier this year so you have to fancy her chances tomorrow.

That is great news. clap clap

I think that she will be ranked at something around 410 even if she loses to Amanda.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #58 on: September 30, 2006, 02:03 PM »

and if she beats amanda? i believe we will soon see her on tour... but she does have about 300 spots to go before she is british number 1....
IP Logged
jamatthews
Junior

Re: Naomi Cavaday « Reply #59 on: September 30, 2006, 02:41 PM »

If she was to win the title I think she'd be around 62 points away from Aussie Open qualifying (taking into account her India points will come off before the cutoff point). Might be a bit more or less, depending on how many people decide to take the trip to Australia.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »