Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  The current state of British tennis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23 Go Down Reply
Author

The current state of British tennis

(Read 9068 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #105 on: March 31, 2010, 06:57 AM »

Quiz, I think you need to stop posting here and spend some time looking for your marbles.

You could also get the phone book out and find the nearest anger management class. You sure as hell need it.

I agree.  Sad.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #106 on: March 31, 2010, 07:18 AM »

Quiz, for someone who thinks this website is "urine-poor", you make a lot of effort to post in it.

And your Hitler analogy? Get a grip.

As Jean mentioned, anger management seems appropriate for you.
IP Logged
quiz

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #107 on: March 31, 2010, 12:48 PM »

I am very calm, but like I expected I am not taken seriously due to my post count.  Bit of communism going on here, everyone's equal but some are more equal than others.  Please warn Ally like you warned me. 

I make an effort to educate the ignorant.  It's tough but someone's got to do it.  Jean since when is it your place to tell me what I can and can't do, you could probably do with some intelligence classes but I'm not going to embarrass you, so please take back your spiteful comments

On another note it's a lot easier to post this as you've sorted out whatever was going wrong last night.  Good work boss.

Aileen I expected nothing more.  When you know I'm write or don't have the writing skills to be able to construct a measured response resort to condescding trickery to make it appear as though you have the moral high ground.  You don't, you haven't contributed anything constructive and I would welcome some comments actually addressing the topic at hand not just trying to brush me away.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #108 on: March 31, 2010, 12:59 PM »

I am very calm, but like I expected I am not taken seriously due to my post count.  Bit of communism going on here,
The only people I've ever seen post that pathetic knee-jerk defence here are those that are suffering from embarrassment from being totally wrong in what they have said.

Are you really so arrogant that when everyone is disagreeing with you and none are on your side, you have to think up some explanation other than you are probably wrong?
[ Last edit by Mark March 31, 2010, 01:03 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #109 on: March 31, 2010, 01:17 PM »

^ I, for one, have never had any knee jerk reactions.  My feelings about Murray, his personality and his game, are based over a long period of time.  It's not right of you, Mark, to consider another's opinion as 'pathetic' and 'totally wrong'.  

It's not nice to be here and watch him imploding, I agree.  Personally, I don't see him having the will to get it back.  As for who is right and who is wrong - it matters not a jot.  

Some people don't need others to 'be on their side'.  People on here should be able to say what they think, without insulting others.  If others don't agree, that's fine.... but there's a fine line between disagreeing and making another person look stupid for your own gain.
[ Last edit by Elly March 31, 2010, 01:22 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #110 on: March 31, 2010, 01:20 PM »

It's not right of you, Mark, to consider another's opinion as 'pathetic' and 'totally wrong'. 
You did not see his post the other day before it was moderated, it is not wrong for me to show a lack of respect to someone who absolutely does not deserve it.
[ Last edit by Mark March 31, 2010, 01:25 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #111 on: March 31, 2010, 01:25 PM »

^ No, I didn't see his post unmoderated, so my comments are based on what I see.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #112 on: March 31, 2010, 01:25 PM »

Anyway, you are being a bit of a hypocrite considering you said I was "talking shite" when I gave an opinion on Murray the other day.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #113 on: March 31, 2010, 01:38 PM »

Anyway, you are being a bit of a hypocrite considering you said I was "talking shite" when I gave an opinion on Murray the other day.
And you told me, I was a 'nutcase'.  As, insults go, I don't think mine are as harsh as yours.  Smile < Passive aggressive smiley.  I'm taking on board the new words James learned yesterday.  Smile
[ Last edit by Elly March 31, 2010, 01:43 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #114 on: March 31, 2010, 01:48 PM »

And you told me, I was a 'nutcase'. 
Indeed but at least I'm not being a hypocrite Wink <<< Cheeky wink with the intention of being slightly irritating
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #115 on: March 31, 2010, 01:50 PM »

Jamie Murray wonders why we don't have hundreds of these, indoor clay courts, across the country.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #116 on: March 31, 2010, 01:50 PM »

Indeed but at least I'm not being a hypocrite Wink <<< Cheeky wink with the intention to be slightly irratating
You irritate the **** out of me...  'nuff said'.  Wink
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

"GIRL OF MY DREAMS" in Chit-Chat.

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #117 on: March 31, 2010, 02:32 PM »

It's not nice to be here and watch him imploding, I agree.  Personally, I don't see him having the will to get it back. 

Why so pessimistic?

As for who is right and who is wrong - it matters not a jot. 

Can’t say I agree with that. I wouldn’t like to think you were right.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #118 on: March 31, 2010, 02:39 PM »

Why so pessimistic?

Can’t say I agree with that. I wouldn’t like to think you were right.

I also would not to like to think I were right.  I'm pessimistic, because I see it in his eyes.  He's not focused right now.  He's just not 'there' any more.  Frown  Losing to the likes of Fish must be humiliating for him.  How does he begin to gather some momentum back?  

And, before you all get back at me surrounding Fed's defeat.  It's no big deal for him.  He knows he can perform where it counts.  Big difference between a multiple slam winner and a guy who's looking to win his first one.  Frown
[ Last edit by Elly March 31, 2010, 02:49 PM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #119 on: March 31, 2010, 03:02 PM »

I also would not to like to think I were right.  I'm pessimistic, because I see it in his eyes.  He's not focused right now.  He's just not 'there' any more.  Frown  Losing to the likes of Fish must be humiliating for him.  How does he begin to gather some momentum back? 

And, before you all get back at me surrounding Fed's defeat.  It's no big deal for him.  He knows he can perform where it counts.  Big difference between a multiple slam winner and a guy who's looking to win his first one.  Frown

I think there's a wider issue here. Look at the top players all crashing out before the semis at IW and now Miami. Look at those dismal early-round matches with six spectators and a dog. Look at the players going through the motions. The fallout from playing too many events and from playing mandatory events is reaching crisis point. It's tennis overload. I reckon it's killing the game.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »