Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  The current state of British tennis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Go Down Reply
Author

The current state of British tennis

(Read 8908 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #330 on: February 26, 2012, 04:47 PM »

Thanks Allan. It seems like a really good system for an up and coming tennis player.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #331 on: March 30, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Hannah, my 17-y-o daughter, plays in the national collegiate finals at Bath this weekend. Qualified in the mixed.

Just wanted to tell someone...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #332 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05 AM »

I'm sure that the whole family will be so very proud. Very Happy

Good luck crossfingers
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #333 on: March 30, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Good luck to Hannah  yay
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #334 on: March 30, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Thanks. On court in 20 minutes. Nervous. (Me, not her.)
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #335 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Good luck to Hannah - make sure you let us know how she does!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #336 on: March 30, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Thanks. On court in 20 minutes. Nervous. (Me, not her.)

How did Hannah do?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #337 on: March 30, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Hmm, lost 6-1. I think it's three round-robin matches of one set each. Plays two more tomorrow. Said she was stiff from the journey.

I asked where her opponents were from and if they were any good. She said 'Norfolk. And bad.' I said that that makes a change. She didn't get it.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #338 on: March 31, 2012, 11:41 AM »

Hmm, lost 6-1. I think it's three round-robin matches of one set each. Plays two more tomorrow. Said she was stiff from the journey.

I asked where her opponents were from and if they were any good. She said 'Norfolk. And bad.' I said that that makes a change. She didn't get it.

Hope she 's feeling looser today
IP Logged
jayrayman161

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #339 on: March 19, 2013, 09:40 PM »

Hello, i am currently writing my disserataion on social exclusion with british tennis. Please could you take 10 minutes to fill it out.
Kind regrards Jason Rowley

http://www.surveyexpression.com/Survey.aspx?id=eed62b33-521d-49df-acdc-1f267b74c54f
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #340 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48 PM »

Hello, i am currently writing my disserataion on social exclusion with british tennis. Please could you take 10 minutes to fill it out.

http://www.surveyexpression.com/Survey.aspx?id=eed62b33-521d-49df-acdc-1f267b74c54f

Filled it out.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #341 on: March 19, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Filled out, when read please forward to Lta lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #342 on: June 14, 2014, 02:58 AM »

Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but this thread seemed appropriate -

Bob Brett announced as Director of Player Development  [13 June]

Brett will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of high performance, with a view to developing a consistent stream of players who can be competitive at the very highest level. He will work closely with coaches both at the National Tennis Centre in London and across the country’s high performance network.

The 60 year old Australian has worked as a coach on the ATP Tour for 34 years and has established an impressive track record on the international stage, having coached former world no. 1 Boris Becker, Goran Ivanisevic and Marin Cilic.

Speaking about the appointment, LTA Chief Executive Michael Downey said: "I know first-hand from working with him in Canada what an incredible difference he can make to our high performance system. Bob's work ethic and attention to detail is incomparable. I’m so pleased for promising British players of all ages and their coaches who will benefit immensely from his understanding of what it takes to succeed on a global level."

http://www.lta.org.uk/News/2014/June/13-06-2014/New-Director-of-Player-Development-Announced/
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The current state of British tennis « Reply #343 on: July 18, 2014, 06:13 PM »

Today Dave Rice made the final of Ilkley, moving him to 101 ranking points for the year-to-date - making him the 8th Briton to surpass the 100 point mark in 2014 (joining Andy, James Ward, Dan Smethurst, Dan Evans, Kyle Edmund, Dan Cox, Oli Golding and Alex Ward).

This time last year only Andy Murray, James Ward and Ed Corrie had surpassed the 100 point mark.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter July 18, 2014, 06:18 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »