Andy Murray vs Nick Kyrgios, Saturday, Time - 10:00am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  The Other Brits : Women.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] Reply

The Other Brits : Women.

GBR v AUSTRIA relegation playoffs

http://www.fedcup.com/itf/cup/external/court2.htm

https://tennistouch.net/scoreboard/scoreboard.aspx?MatchCode=0D57E7D5&type=statistics&style=2

https://tennistouch.net/scoreboard/scoreboard.aspx?TournamentCode=B886B793&style=2
[ Last edit by Tonedial February 09, 2014, 04:42 PM ] IP Logged

Both Tara Moore and Heather Watson have won their singles today, both in straight sets, so I assume we are safe. Heather has done really well this week, playing much more in keeping with her pre injury ranking. The Fed Cup team have struggled in the doubles.
IP Logged

* fed.jpg (163.29 KB. 646x557 - viewed 349 times.)

GBR FINISH 9TH in group 1

[ Last edit by Tonedial February 10, 2014, 12:22 AM ] IP Logged

Not sure this is the right thread, but cant find one for Joko!
Joko won her first round qualification in Istanbul - she is seeded 1 in Qualies
IP Logged

Joko is into the main draw Very Happy
IP Logged

Joko lost yesterday in straight sets in her first match as direct entry to the US Open
IP Logged

Joko was in the FQR for Sydney today - she lost in 3 sets (but got a set of Mladnova <sp>) she has never beaten Kiki - now, I watched the match, Joko played well - the comms did happen to say though that should Joko win and then win a round or 2 in Sydney, she would NOT be able to play qualies for the AO as they don't keep spots "open" - therefore I wish Kiki all the best in Sydney Wink and Joko moves to Melbourne
IP Logged

Joko was in the FQR for Sydney today - she lost in 3 sets (but got a set of Mladnova <sp>) she has never beaten Kiki - now, I watched the match, Joko played well - the comms did happen to say though that should Joko win and then win a round or 2 in Sydney, she would NOT be able to play qualies for the AO as they don't keep spots "open" - therefore I wish Kiki all the best in Sydney Wink and Joko moves to Melbourne

Strangely this was discussed on the live stream and they took the view that she would have got more cash and points from Sydney. I cannot confirm that. She should have won but did her usual of bottling it when she had her opponent at her mercy. I hope that she does well in the AO qualification for if she replays that match she should be able to see positives for the future.
IP Logged

Joko and Naomi Broady both lost in Qualies first round.  Not bad showing really as Joko had a seeded player and Naomi had Ula Radwanska
IP Logged

A little sad for Conta after coming so close to a good win last week. Somehow she seems to need a way to focus when points or games are critical. I think that she has the game to do a lot better.
IP Logged

Strangely this was discussed on the live stream and they took the view that she would have got more cash and points from Sydney. I cannot confirm that. She should have won but did her usual of bottling it when she had her opponent at her mercy. I hope that she does well in the AO qualification for if she replays that match she should be able to see positives for the future.

Tanking, do you think? To get into the quallies?
IP Logged

Tanking, do you think? To get into the quallies?

No I do not think so. She just did not have the commitment to win if you understand that. Her opponent I think may have already been in the AO main draw so had no timetable issue so wanted to go further? Not sure but in my mind it is a focus issue that she loses from winning dominant positions. Heather has been like that too until this week. We must get them all to have a week of concentrated tennis with Andy? Look how it seemed to help both Laura and Heather. A  final for the latter although she looks like she is losing her doubles semi.
IP Logged

JoKo has won her first round of qualies in Indian Wells defeating the 10th seed, next up is 14th seed Kozlova.
IP Logged

Katie Swan who reached the final of the girls singles in Melbourne has won her first pro title in Egypt.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] Reply