Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Reply
Author

Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14)

(Read 4319 times)
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #165 on: October 17, 2006, 06:33 PM »

well done to timmy
IP Logged
wotnopimms
Futures Level

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #166 on: October 17, 2006, 06:41 PM »

Brilliant result!! Just saw it!!

Well done Tim! clap clap clap

Really pleased that he has returned to some good form (and had better draws) at last. Here's hoping it continues and he does stay injury-free...
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #167 on: October 17, 2006, 06:54 PM »

Good posting! agree totally with that

Well done Tim!!
IP Logged
crookshanks
Challenger Level

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #168 on: October 17, 2006, 07:12 PM »

Well done Timmy! Let's hope his leg isn't too injured and there's nothing seriously wrong!  pray
IP Logged
Margaret Robb
Futures Level

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #169 on: October 17, 2006, 07:30 PM »

Pleased for Tim he deserves his results hope Andy can join him in the third round Come On the Brits
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #170 on: October 17, 2006, 09:45 PM »

From the beeb:

Henman maintains Madrid momentum 

Britain's Tim Henman overcame Spanish 14th seed David Ferrer to reach the third round of the Madrid Masters.
The world number 40, a wild card in Spain, stunned his opponent by racing through the first set to win it 6-1.

Ferrer found his form in the second set, aided by 14 unforced errors from Henman, to win it 6-4 and level.

However, he failed to maintain that momentum as Henman pulled away again to clinch the third set 6-1 despite a slight injury niggle in his right leg.

He could now face world number eight David Nalbandian in round three, if the Argentine can overcome Frenchman Julien Benneteau later on Tuesday.

It was a topsy-turvy display from the Briton though, who, after fielding three break points in his opening service game, took advantage of a host of Ferrer errors to win the first set 6-1.

The 32-year-old's chip-and-charge game really looked to be firing.

But any thoughts that he would breeze through the second set were ended when Ferrer found his range on some booming passing shots to take a 3-0 lead.

Henman broke back to love when the 24-year-old tightened up serving for the set, but Ferrer put that to one side to break back immediately to level.

In a mirror image of the second set, Henman won the first three games of the third despite grimacing with pain as he stretched his right knee out on numerous occasions.

He went on to win despite dropping his serve at 3-0 to seal a deserved, though untidy, victory.

Henman said afterwards: "I wasn't as consistent as yesterday but in the first and third sets I was probably even better.

"So much in tennis is dictated by momentum. It was fantastic, I couldn't be happier.

"I love what I do so there's no question when I've been struggling it can be frustrating, so that's why you really have to enjoy these moments."

Ferrer was left distraught by his performance, saying: "It hasn't been a pity. It's been a whole disaster.

"This has been one of the worst days of my career."

no No mention of anything with his leg.  Lets hope that it was just a slight strain.

Congrats again Tim! clap

IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #171 on: October 17, 2006, 09:48 PM »

Ferrer is one inconsistent little player.  Think
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Tim Henman v David Ferrer (14) « Reply #172 on: October 17, 2006, 10:07 PM »

Ferrer is one inconsistent little player.  Think

lol He sure is.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »