Andy Murray vs Teymuraz Gabashvili, Time - 12:30am BST tonight - Discuss the match

MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Timbo to quit after DC...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply

Timbo to quit after DC...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article2289049.ece
 shocking clap Pity. Been great over the years. Will be missed
IP Logged

will come to an end at Wimbledon next month.

So is it after DC or Wimbly next year? doh 

Oh but it's definitely time. Smile
IP Logged

After DC. Crying or Very sad
IP Logged

Very sad but no point in injuring his back any further at his age.
[ Last edit by Mark August 20, 2007, 01:32 AM ] IP Logged

I really hope he plays at DC. Gutted he;s retiring, but it had to come sooner or later. I;m just glad I will be there to see one of the best British Tennis players off...  Crying or Very sad  clap
IP Logged

Good. Happy to hear it.
IP Logged

Crying or Very sad  Hes gonna finish at DC?  I had tears in my eyes when Greg retired at Birmingham but it was slightly shock to because I don't think anyone was expecting it.  Now I know this I'm gonna need to take plenty of tissues with me Very Sad
IP Logged

Oh well.  shocking Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad clap
IP Logged

I suppose it's necesarry, but I can't believe there won't be any Tim to support at Wimby or anywhere else! I wish I could be there at the Davis Cup tie, but will just have to watch on tv...
I think Andy is great and I love supporting him, but I'll never like him as much as Tim..
IP Logged

When it happens, it'll be a sad day for British tennis Crying or Very sad but I hope that people remember what he has done for tennis in the UK over the years and not linger on his recent form.  Long live Henman Hill! clap clap
IP Logged

This is as yet unconfirmed by Tim's own management. Comes purely from a Nigel Harman atricle in the times. Have to say DC is looking bleak with Tim and Andy's form of late.
IP Logged

Tim Henman will retire from tennis "sooner rather than later", according to British tennis boss Roger Draper.

Draper, the chief executive of the Lawn Tennis Association, was responding a report in the Times that Henman would announce his retirement next month.

From beeb website
IP Logged

Awwwh Poor Timmy!  Crying or Very sad
He needs to retire now though... good decision.
IP Logged

Oh well! Crying or Very sad Just another reason to be upbeat about British Tennis at the moment....Not! Sad, walking about.
IP Logged

Time and tide wait for no man or Henman as the case maybe, but he can leave with his head held high and a healthy bank balance from his years on the tour.

I think it is the correct time to go (it may have been a season too many if the truth be told) but good luck to him in whatever he decides to do.

ADMcC
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Reply