Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  British Tennis  >  Who will be the last British player left in Wimbledon (singles) 2006? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be the last British player left in Wimbledon (singles) 2006?  (Voting closed: June 21, 2006, 10:53 PM)
Gregory "Greg" Rusedski - 1 (4.8%)
Andrew "Andy" Murray - 2 (9.5%)
Timothy "Tim" Henman - 17 (81%)
Aleksa "Alex" Bogdanovich - 0 (0%)
Any "AN" Other - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Who will be the last British player left in Wimbledon (singles) 2006?

(Read 1170 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Yup, think it gonna be Tim.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

I do think it's gonna be Tim but I don't think he's gonna be the lone Brit in round 2. I wouldn't be a fan if I didn't think Andy had a round or two in him. And I also have faith in A-Bog with a favourable draw. Even Jamie B again if the draw goes ok and it's a good day. Definately see Tim as the only one left by week 2 tho.
IP Logged
arka

And I also have faith in A-Bog with a favourable draw.

Hopefully he will make some progress. Hopefully he will get some clay courters(not taking names to save Julia a heartbreak) and some lower ranked ones.

Even Jamie B again if the draw goes ok and it's a good day. Definately see Tim as the only one left by week 2 tho.

Jamie has less chances than A Bog obviously but with a good draw he may do well. It all depends on how many clay courters reach SW19 with the aim of getting nine and a half thousand pounds for a first round exit. wink
He can cause a few upsets too.

I hope that Jamie is going to play Challengers regulary very soon and this time next year he will be in a position to make some real progress.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

That would be cool. I would like to see a few GBR upsets. Obviously the LTA believe he can go a round or they wouldn't have given him the WC. And who would have had Andy could make it to R3 last year?
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

just seen the poll and i had to go for tim as he is very consistent ( except last year) and i think has hit form in queens with not all the pressure on him
arka were u the perosn who voted for andy ?
IP Logged
XCW4EVA
Challenger Level

Jamie Baker, i would love to seem him do well, so i voted for other, i do actually think that it might be a wc from our country too be last one in, just a feeling
IP Logged
arka

just seen the poll and i had to go for tim as he is very consistent ( except last year) and i think has hit form in queens with not all the pressure on him
arka were u the perosn who voted for andy ?

I didn't vote and wont vote. wink

In issues like these, my heart has full control over the keyboard and mouse.... I AM GOING FOR AN ALL BRITISH FINAL! woohoo
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

I went for Rusedski because I think he'll get one round further than Tim. I won't vote Andy, because it isn't realistic. Maybe Greg's a stupid choice, but I'm sticking with it.
[ Last edit by dentie July 04, 2006, 10:21 AM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

I went for Tim Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Ill wait till I see the draw. None of them are seeded so anything could happen
IP Logged
arka

Ill wait till I see the draw. None of them are seeded so anything could happen

Greg has a good chance of being seeded. Smile
IP Logged
Speedy Hawk
ATP Level

Never give up, Never say die

I'll go for Tim, he has great run in Queen's. Now in Quarters. Tursonov again  ranting

I hope this time Tim will smash Tursonov  Wink
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Well I went for Andy.... this is Murray's World after all.

I really hope that they both do well, but if they played each other I'd support Andy..... young blood and all that.
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

shame on you all, ye of little faith. Murray by two rounds. Clear water between him and the competition, you see Nottingham was the clue.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

I wondered how long it would take someone to drag this up. To be fair I think Tim might have got a lot further if it wasn't for meeting Federer in the second round and you couldn't tell that was going to happen until the draw was made.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »