Andy Murray vs Philipp Kohlschreiber, Monday, Time - 10:00am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  British Tennis  >  Will Britain Ever produce a player as good as Murray ?
Pages: 1 [2] Reply

Will Britain Ever produce a player as good as Murray ?

gjr

This thread is getting sillier by the minute, but to had more sillyness.

England with Tim has done as much for Andy as anyone. He was part of his insperation. Would Andy be playing tennis if Tim had not wowed the center court when Andy was growing up? Only I guess Andy can answer that one Smile
IP Logged

Probably, but it's got to have had a huge impact I'm sure. This really is a daft thread.
IP Logged

Well, richie did say in his first post, that he was wondering about the women. I see what you mean though lorna. The title is quite poor either way. It should be "another player like..." or "a female player like...." or something like that.
IP Logged

Exactly, all I was trying to say! Wasn't really meant to be that complicated!
IP Logged

Interesting title. Britain has three great coaches at its disposal. Lundgren, Ferderer's ex, Annacone, Sampras's ex and Gilbert. So the chances are there. And I forgot Judy Murray and great to see the guy Noel somebody, Andy's original coach is LTA performance director or something. But it is pretty strange that Britiain's 2 best male players since Perry 60 years ago have come almost consecutively.
IP Logged

Not strange, that's the point. It's about inspiration. that's why I think this trend can only increase. Andy Murray will be succeeded by another star.
IP Logged

I'm not so optimistic that we will have another Murray any time soon... he is something really special and his fiery character doesn't represent the usual ordinariness of British players.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Reply