Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  *Hay Barrel Rolls Past* 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past*

(Read 997 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « on: November 30, 2005, 09:55 AM »

I thought I'd strike up a conversation about Wigan Athletic.  They won the North West Team of the Year Award the other day, I'm so proud yet ... Suprised! lol Still makes me laugh that they where second in the Premier Ship, now they are 4th ... not bad.  First we had Wigan Warriors Rugby team and Jane O'Donaghue for tennis, British Number 3, and now Wigan Athletic football team!  Wigan is on the map!!  They have even brought out a Wigan Monopoly!  What does that tell ya?  

Amy
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:00 AM »

lol legend! i think the captain of cardiff was sold to wigan......not sure if he actually gets much play though.....
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:15 AM »

I don't know much about the players, I only know the basics reallly lol.  My brother works at the JJB Stadium where Wigan play home matches, he's a Stand Manager (No idea which stand though lol).  And because I work in a bookies everyone puts bets on Wigan so I gotta know a bit about that.  I love home match days because everyones either at home watching the match or at the Stadium, so I get an easy day at work after the mad rush.

My brother also used to play football with Jane O'Donaghue's brother.

Amy
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 03:49 PM »

Jane O Donoguhue....is she the female tennis player from Wigan???

You must deal with some tough nuts in the bookies
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 04:38 PM »

Yeh she is.  And yeh I deal with tough nuts at work.  Mainly drunks and old ugly gits coming on to me  yuk  I'm SO grateful for that piece of glass that separates me from them!  Its a shame that we never ever get any good looking blokes in Frown  :-({|=

Amy
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 05:52 PM »

Do you mean Graham Kavanagh, the one with the grey hair.  I think he is Welsh and he always seem to play when I watch Match of the Day.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 05:57 PM »

LOL...that must be really awkward/sickening Amy
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 06:25 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
Do you mean Graham Kavanagh, the one with the grey hair.  I think he is Welsh and he always seem to play when I watch Match of the Day.

KAV!!! yes yes i do - what a total legend Smile love him!! hes actually irish, but hes always sounds pretty carrrdiff to me!
oh how i  miss match of the day - good to see hes made an impression! Very Happy
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

*Hay Barrel Rolls Past* « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2005, 07:29 PM »

Its just the grey hair that's made the impression really, he looks far too old to be playing at such a high level.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »