Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Addiction and depression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Addiction and depression

(Read 2238 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #90 on: March 01, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Aileen.. I'm sorry you are still dealing with depression. I believe you've been a member here for several years, so I hope being here helps you.  I enjoy your posts and wish you well and wellness.

Emma.. I'm sorry for your losses, I truly am.. but we all have our own stories to tell, and you wouldn't want to hear even half of mine, nor would I share them on this forum, believe me on that. Let's just say there aren't many more boxes to tick on the ****-list and leave it at that.
I've found my own ways of dealing with my life cards, and I think I've turned into a decent, empathetic person with a 'glass half-full' and 'lemons into lemonade' attitude.
Due to the extensive nature of my life experiences, I for one will not judge nor condemn others for their own coping mechanisms.

Clydey James.. Interesting essay.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #91 on: March 01, 2012, 01:56 PM »

To be fair, I've never seen James come out with the odd, vaguely racist and overtly sexist comments that Emma Jean has recently...
You're a big teddy really. hug

Seriously though, Emma Jean seems to have some quite bitter relationship issues to get over.
Oh I agree.  James is like a marshmallow - soft in the inside and crusty on the outside, just a pity we see so much more of the latter.

And if you read my response to Emma's post, I have asked her to explain how she reaches the conclusions she has.

Aileen.. I'm sorry you are still dealing with depression. I believe you've been a member here for several years, so I hope being here helps you.  I enjoy your posts and wish you well and wellness.

Emma.. I'm sorry for your losses, I truly am.. but we all have our own stories to tell, and you wouldn't want to hear even half of mine, nor would I share them on this forum, believe me on that. Let's just say there aren't many more boxes to tick on the sh*t-list and leave it at that.
I've found my own ways of dealing with my life cards, and I think I've turned into a decent, empathetic person with a 'glass half-full' and 'lemons into lemonade' attitude.
Due to the extensive nature of my life experiences, I for one will not judge nor condemn others for their own coping mechanisms.

Clydey James.. Interesting essay.
Hi Linda!  I noticed you were back with us, and was very happy to see that. hug  How was Miami?

I've been a member for just over two years, and yes being on MW has helped me enormously.  Just so sorry to hear you've had a lot of bad life experiences yourself.   Like you, I think my own experiences have helped me to become a much better person than I once was, and that is a big positive to take from them.

[ Last edit by Aileen March 01, 2012, 02:05 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #92 on: March 01, 2012, 02:13 PM »

Clydey, just because you call me racist and sexist ten times a day, doesn’t make me one. I am not even least bothered with you calling me all that because frankly, I know who I am and that’s all that matters to me. You took a couple of my comments completely out of context just to make me look bad and you had absolutely no other intention behind it. When I get the feeling that someone’s only here just to argue for the sake of it, then I don’t find any interest in it. You know your mind is very well made up about me and no matter what I say, that will not change. What would be then my point to argue back? Do you really think I am that dumb to fall into your trap that easily?

But how well do you know me, really, as a person? I never gave you the opportunity to clarify myself it’s true but that’s because you were too quick to jump the conclusion if memory doesn’t fail you miserably. But it’s fairly interesting how you completely overlooked Mark’s both racist and sexist comments just yesterday and the day before yet you held on to mine as if there’s no tomorrow. I know you love to think that you are intelligent but so far I am finding you rather dumb.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for a Muslim woman to go out of her boundaries and make a difference for herself in a foreign country no less against her family? Did I tell you the time when I was date raped by this Australian guy who was dying to sleep with me and I wasn’t because I wasn’t interested in him in that way? How about my family abandoning me for two years because I wasn’t listening to them in the way they wanted me to? That all happened in my downtime in the US but I am not holding any grudges against anyone.  I never thought any of it was my fault anyway.

And you, by your own admission, never suffered any serious depression. But even more so, who are you to decide what makes one depressed or not? Maybe to Aileen her whole marriage was very important. But to me, it was my brother who was the most important person in my life. He was after all 8 years younger than me and after my mum died, he sort of became like my son as he was still such a baby, though I myself was still 15 but a loss is a loss and it’s so incredibly ignorant of you to dismiss it just like that. The fact that you keep calling me sexist and racist without knowing or exploring any other possibilities makes you the biggest bigot. And if I tell any of my actual real life friends black or white or brown about this, they will slap you silly nonstop, because they know fully well who I am or what I am. Why should I care what you think when you barely know me?  
[ Last edit by Emma Jean March 01, 2012, 02:17 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #93 on: March 01, 2012, 02:24 PM »

Nah, she's perfect. Far too strong to have issues. Didn't you hear? She woke up one day and overcame clinical depression.

I am not perfect - far from it. You are idiot enough to actually believe that such a thing exists. In reality, there’s no such thing as perfection. It’s an illusion we create to achieve certain goals and once we reach them, we replace them with another sets of new goals. How do you know where does it stop? Where do you draw the line? When do you stop and say, okay, enough is enough?

I never woke up one morning and found myself cured. It took me 5 long years. I was talking about Eckhart Tolle, you pretentious boob.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #94 on: March 01, 2012, 02:33 PM »

You're a big teddy really. hug

Seriously though, Emma Jean seems to have some quite bitter relationship issues to get over.

I have no bitter relationship issues to get over because all my relationships ended in a more mutual manner. I still have great friendships with all my ex boyfriends. How many people can do that? I keep things on the positive side. I see absolutely no reason to hold grudges against anyone just because two people couldn't make it together. That's why there are so many people on this planet. It means you have other options; therefore, you shouldn't have any reason to be bitter about. No one person was created for another person as long as you understand that and don’t get very possessive about it. They are free to move. Whether they want to or not is another matter. Did it ever bloody occur to you that maybe, just maybe, my mindset is a whole lot different than most people? I guess not.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #95 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59 PM »

I have no bitter relationship issues to get over because all my relationships ended in a more mutual manner. I still have great friendships with all my ex boyfriends. How many people can do that? I keep things on the positive side. I see absolutely no reason to hold grudges against anyone just because two people couldn't make it together. That's why there are so many people on this planet. It means you have other options; therefore, you shouldn't have any reason to be bitter about. No one person was created for another person as long as you understand that and don’t get very possessive about it. They are free to move. Whether they want to or not is another matter. Did it ever bloody occur to you that maybe, just maybe, my mindset is a whole lot different than most people? I guess not.

Then what the hell was all the anti-men stuff a few posts back about? You can't just completely change your point of view like that and claim that everyone is on your back for no reason. You're so incredibly precious!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #96 on: March 01, 2012, 03:37 PM »

Then what the hell was all the anti-men stuff a few posts back about? You can't just completely change your point of view like that and claim that everyone is on your back for no reason. You're so incredibly precious!

I never said everyone is on my back, now did I? So far it was Clydey and then you decided to join because you didn’t like what I wrote last night to Aileen. I, in fact, get along with men much better than women and I personally prefer them because I find them straight forward and less complicated but that doesn’t mean they are flawless either. I never said I am precious either or that I am anti-men. You are concluding it completely on your own. If you want to stay in denial about the fact that men are more prone to cheating and therefore, lying then more power to you. I don’t know if you know this but infidelity is the number one reason why most marriages end up in divorce. I mean have you not read Aileen’s story yet? I have female friends and I hear stories all the time. They tell me how they always have to keep an eye on their husbands and how they never want to let them get out of their sight. Do you really think that’s what marriage should be all about?

The reason why I personally don’t care for marriages is because, I care for a very healthy relationship – a piece of paper declaring a marriage to someone who has no respect for me has very little meaning to me - because frankly, if there’s no love there’s no relationship for me. If you can’t trust a person, man or women, you are going to spend rest of your life with, if that person doesn’t give you proper respect then why should I care for that sort of marriage? How many marriages can you tell me honestly are actually working these days? People make their choices and that’s fine by me. I don’t want to have 3 babies and then complain about it day and night. People make mistakes I get it and I have made a ton of them. In fact, if I could back, I would change quite a few things. Anyway, I am not here to call on it. I just state the way I see it. As I say always, life is not meant to be easy and we are both responsible for it  the way we shape it and maybe in some cases, one is more responsible than other. They say when it comes to free will or free choices, only the very first step you are free to choose; anything after that then becomes inevitable.

Look Joe, this is draining me a bit. For that reason, I will personally communicate with Aileen which I have been doing so since yesterday anyway. It’s personal stuff and should remain personal. I don’t think Clydey is a bad person at all; it’s just that we can’t see eye to eye on things right now. He hates me and thinks very low of me and so be it. I don’t think I will be able to please everyone especially when I always have different stuff to say.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean March 01, 2012, 03:41 PM ] IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #97 on: March 01, 2012, 03:48 PM »

I never said everyone is on my back, now did I? So far it was Clydey and then you decided to join because you didn’t like what I wrote last night to Aileen. I, in fact, get along with men much better than women and I personally prefer them because I find them straight forward and less complicated but that doesn’t mean they are flawless either. I never said I am precious either or that I am anti-men. You are concluding it completely on your own. If you want to stay in denial about the fact that men are more prone to cheating and therefore, lying then more power to you. I don’t know if you know this but infidelity is the number one reason why most marriages end up in divorce. I mean have you not read Aileen’s story yet? I have female friends and I hear stories all the time. They tell me how they always have to keep an eye on their husbands and how they never want to let them get out of their sight. Do you really think that’s what marriage should be all about?

The reason why I personally don’t care for marriages is because, I care for a very healthy relationship – a piece of paper declaring a marriage to someone who has no respect for me has very little meaning to me - because frankly, if there’s no love there’s no relationship for me. If you can’t trust a person, man or women, you are going to spend rest of your life with, if that person doesn’t give you proper respect then why should I care for that sort of marriage? How many marriages can you tell me honestly are actually working these days? People make their choices and that’s fine by me. I don’t want to have 3 babies and then complain about it day and night. People make mistakes I get it and I have made a ton of them. In fact, if I could back, I would change quite a few things. Anyway, I am not here to call on it. I just state the way I see it. As I say always, life is not meant to be easy and we are both responsible for it  the way shape it and maybe in some cases, one is more responsible than others. They say when it comes to free will or free choices, only the very first one you are free to choose; anything after that then becomes inevitable.

Look Joe, this is draining me a bit. For that reason, I will personally communicate with Aileen which I have been doing so since yesterday anyway. It’s personal stuff and should remain personal. I don’t think Clydey is a bad person at all; it’s just that we can’t see eye to eye on things right now. He hates me and thinks very low of me and so be it. I don’t think I will be able to please everyone especially when I always have different stuff to say.

Your posts are far too long and I frankly have no interest in half the stuff you said there - I wasn't taking issue with you on your thoughts on marriage or whatever - I don't even know what you were talking about by the end of your second paragraph.

I'm more interested in your sweeping judgements of men based on the experiences of your friends - a minute sample size to draw your conclusions from. Have their partners actually been unfaithful to them anyway, or are they just telling you of their own paranoia? Also, although Aileen's story is sad and she has my sympathies, it's nothing to hold up as proof to me of anything other than one particular bad bloke.

If a man came out with the sort of things you've said about women, then he'd be labelled a misogynist.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #98 on: March 01, 2012, 04:05 PM »

I'm more interested in your sweeping judgements of men based on the experiences of your friends - a minute sample size to draw your conclusions from. Have their partners actually been unfaithful to them anyway, or are they just telling you of their own paranoia? Also, although Aileen's story is sad and she has my sympathies, it's nothing to hold up as proof to

No paranoia at all. Two of them are already divorced. One of them is pretty much heading the same road Aileen was on. She's on anti-depressants and now on her way to become an alcoholic. My dad actually cheated on my mum. While he loved her I don’t think he was sexually happy with her.

It seems to me you live in lala land. Whether you like it or not there are now almost 55/60% marriages that end up in divorce and the number one reason is still infidelity.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #99 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11 PM »

No paranoia at all. Two of them are already divorced. One of them is pretty much heading the same road Aileen was on. She's on anti-depressants and now on her way to become an alcoholic. My dad actually cheated on my mum. While he loved her I don’t think he was sexually happy with her.

It seems to me you live in lala land. Whether you like it or not there are now almost 55/60% marriages that end up in divorce and the number one reason is still infidelity.

And where was I disputing such a thing? It's your assertion earlier on that all men are not to be trusted and that only men are the perpetrators of infidelity that is ridiculous.

You and your friends must be a barrel of fun to be around!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #100 on: March 01, 2012, 04:22 PM »

And where was I disputing such a thing? It's your assertion earlier on that all men are not to be trusted and that only men are the perpetrators of infidelity that is ridiculous.

You and your friends must be a barrel of fun to be around!

I never said all men can't be trusted. I know quite a few men who can be trusted. I said if given opportinity most men will be tempted. I gave the number why most marriages are breaking up these days. 

Ther are more like my co-workers. Women talk about these things. I am more light hearted and fun loving. There's no point complicating things. I like'm simple.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #101 on: March 01, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Addicted to cashew nuts at the moment - so damn tasty.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #102 on: March 01, 2012, 04:40 PM »

Addicted to cashew nuts at the moment - so damn tasty.

Full of fat. naughty

They are as more-ish as crack though.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #103 on: March 01, 2012, 04:50 PM »

I am addicted to sweets - be it chocolates or cup cakes or cookies. That's why I never buy them.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #104 on: March 01, 2012, 04:57 PM »

I also have a chocolate addiction - specifically Toblerone. I will sometimes eat an entire bar in one sitting - and these are no small bars, oh no. These are medium size bars.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »