Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Addiction and depression 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Addiction and depression  (Read 1793 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #105 on: March 01, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Full of fat. naughty

They are as more-ish as crack though.

Bit of black pepper on them. Had them as lunch and dinner today.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #106 on: March 01, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Bit of black pepper on them. Had them as lunch and dinner today.

Bloody students.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #107 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28 PM »

I never said everyone is on my back, now did I? So far it was Clydey and then you decided to join because you didn’t like what I wrote last night to Aileen. I, in fact, get along with men much better than women and I personally prefer them because I find them straight forward and less complicated but that doesn’t mean they are flawless either. I never said I am precious either or that I am anti-men. You are concluding it completely on your own. If you want to stay in denial about the fact that men are more prone to cheating and therefore, lying then more power to you. I don’t know if you know this but infidelity is the number one reason why most marriages end up in divorce. I mean have you not read Aileen’s story yet? I have female friends and I hear stories all the time. They tell me how they always have to keep an eye on their husbands and how they never want to let them get out of their sight. Do you really think that’s what marriage should be all about?

The reason why I personally don’t care for marriages is because, I care for a very healthy relationship – a piece of paper declaring a marriage to someone who has no respect for me has very little meaning to me - because frankly, if there’s no love there’s no relationship for me. If you can’t trust a person, man or women, you are going to spend rest of your life with, if that person doesn’t give you proper respect then why should I care for that sort of marriage? How many marriages can you tell me honestly are actually working these days? People make their choices and that’s fine by me. I don’t want to have 3 babies and then complain about it day and night. People make mistakes I get it and I have made a ton of them. In fact, if I could back, I would change quite a few things. Anyway, I am not here to call on it. I just state the way I see it. As I say always, life is not meant to be easy and we are both responsible for it  the way we shape it and maybe in some cases, one is more responsible than other. They say when it comes to free will or free choices, only the very first step you are free to choose; anything after that then becomes inevitable.

Look Joe, this is draining me a bit. For that reason, I will personally communicate with Aileen which I have been doing so since yesterday anyway. It’s personal stuff and should remain personal. I don’t think Clydey is a bad person at all; it’s just that we can’t see eye to eye on things right now. He hates me and thinks very low of me and so be it. I don’t think I will be able to please everyone especially when I always have different stuff to say.

Emma you are entitled to your opinion on marriage but I disagree with some of your statements.  I am very happily married and have a healthy relationship. No hang ups, no cheating, no possessiveness, lot of respect for each other  and a whole lot of love.  Some of my friends are married and some are not and all have healthy relationships.  Sure, there are disagreements sometimes that's only human nature but we are all happy.    Just because you are married doesn't mean you are in an unhealthy relationship with no respect for each other.
A good relationship takes work on both sides but in my opinion I wouldn't give up what I've got for the world and I am sure there are a lot of people on this site who feel the same.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #108 on: March 01, 2012, 05:33 PM »

I also have a chocolate addiction - specifically Toblerone. I will sometimes eat an entire bar in one sitting - and these are no small bars, oh no. These are medium size bars.

I'm a chocolate addict, too. However, I have serious issues with the design of Toblerone:

1) If you break off the pieces with your teeth, you spike the roof of your mouth.

2) If you use your fingers, the extra force required by the bar's design results in getting melted chocolate on them.
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #109 on: March 01, 2012, 05:37 PM »

I just love, love, love peppermint Aero wub
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #110 on: March 01, 2012, 05:41 PM »

Roasted-nut Galaxy for me. Or any kind of praline.

And, since depression can be alleviated with chocolate, we're still on Topic. (See what I did there.)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #111 on: March 01, 2012, 05:45 PM »

I'm a chocolate addict, too. However, I have serious issues with the design of Toblerone:

1) If you break off the pieces with your teeth, you spike the roof of your mouth.

2) If you use your fingers, the extra force required by the bar's design results in getting melted chocolate on them.

Design flaws on a Swiss product. Unfathomable.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #112 on: March 01, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Emma you are entitled to your opinion on marriage but I disagree with some of your statements.  I am very happily married and have a healthy relationship. No hang ups, no cheating, no possessiveness, lot of respect for each other  and a whole lot of love.  Some of my friends are married and some are not and all have healthy relationships.  Sure, there are disagreements sometimes that's only human nature but we are all happy.    Just because you are married doesn't mean you are in an unhealthy relationship with no respect for each other.
A good relationship takes work on both sides but in my opinion I wouldn't give up what I've got for the world and I am sure there are a lot of people on this site who feel the same.

Actually the fact that 50/60% marriages end up in divorce was never my opinion but rather a fact. And I really think that different people growing up in different environment lead to different lifestyle. For example, I took far more risk than my sister so obviously my life was more eventful than hers. Aileen obviously didn't have it easy.

Recently in Canada they ran a survey where they found out that married people become unhappy after the birth of their first born. The reasons could be more financial than anything else.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #113 on: March 01, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Design flaws on a Swiss product. Unfathomable.

Suppose they'd argue that that's more than compensated by the brand's iconic Alpine design.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #114 on: March 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »

I think I am addicted to ice-cream too. And frozen yogurt.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #115 on: March 01, 2012, 06:04 PM »

Emma, just want to make sure what your comment about me was referring to. Was it when I expressed my dislike for Islam and of female comedians?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #116 on: March 01, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Emma, just want to make sure what your comment about me was referring to. Was it when I expressed my dislike for Islam and of female comedians?

I don't think you were being either because I took it as more like a personal preference but on the first one, Joe called you a racist and the on the 2nd one, you called yourself a sexist because you don't like female comedians.

IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #117 on: March 01, 2012, 06:19 PM »

I can see you've thought long and hard about this and I like your conclusions. I'm liking them a lot.

Can you not go for multiple segment breakage at once though? Say a quarter of a bar at a time? This would get around the problem of having to use too much force as, rather like a fulcrum, the further apart the two points are, the less force is required. You'd still have a chunk small enough to fit all in at once, possibly sideways with points facing either into your throat or back out of your mouth, keeping them well away from the roof of your mouth or your fleshy tongue. All of this would be rendered futile with one of the airport duty free versions. A single piece of one of those is like a meal.

Anyway...

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #118 on: March 01, 2012, 06:29 PM »

I also have a chocolate addiction - specifically Toblerone. I will sometimes eat an entire bar in one sitting - and these are no small bars, oh no. These are medium size bars.

I have a large Toblerone lying in the middle room. Think it might be out of date, though. Abandoned it after 4 or 5 blocks.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Addiction and depression « Reply #119 on: March 01, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Gotta be quick, so the chococlate doesn't have time to melt in your hands. Quick break and release. That's the key.

All in the wrist.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »