Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Amy Winehouse confirmed dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

Amy Winehouse confirmed dead

(Read 1757 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Amy Winehouse confirmed dead « Reply #45 on: July 30, 2011, 03:59 AM »

....... as a Jew myself I was a bit bewildered at the cremation as I've always been taught Jewish law forbids it and we are supposed to be buried.
I realise I'm in unchartered waters here, and don't presume to tell you about your own faith, but, having had Jewish friends, I too thought that cremation was forbidden.  However, it would seem that in Reform Judaism it is an accepted practice -

http://www.jewishvaluesonline.org/40

This makes me feel a little sick.  I know this sort of thing goes on after celebrities die, but to me there is something rather morbid about people wanting these "souvenirs" of somebody they don't know personally.

AMY WINEHOUSE’S FATHER GIVES HER CLOTHES TO FANS [Express, 29 July]

AMY Winehouse’s father Mitch and her on-off boyfriend Reg Traviss began clearing out the singer’s home yesterday, handing out possessions to loyal fans waiting outside.

The distraught pair gave away clothes and jewellery at the north London home telling fans “it’s what she would have wanted”.

Once again, they thanked the public for their huge support since Amy Winehouse’s still unexplained death at 27 last week.

Her mother Janis and several friends, including her manager Raye Cosbert, came to help with removals, piling a guitar and bin bags into a waiting Mercedes van with blacked-out windows.

Mitch hugged Cosbert outside the door, then threw his arms up in the air and said to fans: “Keep listening to her music.”

He then paused to look at the hundreds of floral tributes in front of his daughter’s stucco-fronted home in Camden Sqaure.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Amy Winehouse confirmed dead « Reply #46 on: July 30, 2011, 06:21 AM »

Half of that stuff will probably be on ebay by now!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Amy Winehouse confirmed dead « Reply #47 on: July 30, 2011, 12:02 PM »

I feel that this just shows how intrusive people are. It is goulish the way people behaved the girl has just died and they are clamouring for keepsakes. You are right Caz most of the items will end up on Ebay.  This kind of behaviour is terrible, true fans would have given her family peace to grieve.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: Amy Winehouse confirmed dead « Reply #48 on: July 30, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Amy Winehouse arrives at the gates of Heaven to be greeted by Michael Jackson and St Peter. Amy says " Oh Michael are you here to greet me because I'm a musical genius like you?" Michael turns to St Peter and says " Who's that horse faced junkie, and where are all these Norwegian kids you promised?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »