Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Arts and Crafts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Arts and Crafts

(Read 2963 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 01:33 PM »

I thought so too Smile
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 01:49 PM »

Hazel - love 109 and 98 - perhaps the one with the rings I like the best. Clever girl!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Arts and Crafts/ « Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 01:54 PM »

Nice piece of fruit cake wouldn't go down to badly on here, Daisy  - 'tis one of your crafts is it not? lol
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 02:40 PM »

Hazel - love 109 and 98 - perhaps the one with the rings I like the best. Clever girl!

Think this is the final design, it just needs final confirmation (tonight at the pub lol ) I've even got the embellishments being held back at the shop Very Happy

It's pretty much 109 (good taste Jan) but with the embellishment from 95.

* Final Design - Compressed Copy.JPG (26.26 KB, 448x336 - viewed 237 times.)

* Final Design close up - Compressed Copy.JPG (26.61 KB, 336x448 - viewed 241 times.)

* Final Design 3 - Compressed Copy.JPG (26.02 KB, 448x336 - viewed 241 times.)
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 02:13 PM »

Amy ..... this is a type of Bargello

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 02:15 PM »

Last one

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 02:16 PM »

I have made belts out of Bargello designs .... the last image I posted would make a gorgeous belt ....!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 02:17 PM »

This is a very good example of Hardanger ..... I absolutely love it because it is same colour thread on same colour fabric .... lots of different techniques and I have several pillows using this style of stitiching .... lace edged and some of them beaded with seed pearls ....

IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 02:19 PM »

I can see how they'd make some cool belts.  How is it done though?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 02:20 PM »

Small samplers made into small cushions make beautiful "ring pillows" for weddings ....

here's a more elaborate type of thing which would be too much Hardanger on view all in one spot for me, but lets you see what can be done ...

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 02:23 PM »

I can see how they'd make some cool belts.  How is it done though?

What .... how do you make a belt or how do you stitch Bergello?  Bergello is dead easy - much easier than cross stitch.  It can be stitched using wool or silk or cotton or a combo ....

here's a how to on stitching ..

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25 PM »

Bargello is stitched on stiff canvas, so if you wanted to make a belt, you'd take the waist measurement, add several inches so that it can pass through the buckle, decide on the depth, remembering to allow an additional inch or so so that you can fold the "waste" to the back.  Then, buy a piece of suitable lining fabric (not slippy or the belt will move around) and attach.  Also, get a gorgeous buckle to add to your piece ......

If you were going to do all that, you could also make a teensy handbag to go with it .....
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 02:26 PM »

Bargello designs are also sometimes used in TATTOOS ............(forget I said that ....) Very Happy
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 02:31 PM »

Bargello designs are also sometimes used in TATTOOS ............(forget I said that ....) Very Happy

lmao

What .... how do you make a belt or how do you stitch Bergello?  Bergello is dead easy - much easier than cross stitch.  It can be stitched using wool or silk or cotton or a combo ....

here's a how to on stitching ..

That looks quite interesting actually!  I'd definitely love to make my own belt.  Something I will look into.  Maybe the website I normally get my threads from has this type of stiff canvas.  Is it just regular DMC or anchor threads used for it?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Arts and Crafts « Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 02:58 PM »

That looks quite interesting actually!  I'd definitely love to make my own belt.  Something I will look into.  Maybe the website I normally get my threads from has this type of stiff canvas.  Is it just regular DMC or anchor threads used for it?

The very best thing you could do is either buy a book of Bergello patterns ... wait a minute .... I just volunteered that advice toa friend and also the book I have and she came back and told me it was something like £60 ....

let me get the info and I'll get back to you ... need to go and get the book
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »