Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Becoming a Vegetarian 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Are you a vegetarian?
Yes. - 8 (26.7%)
No. - 4 (13.3%)
No - I've tried but chose not to stick with it. - 6 (20%)
No - But I'm interested in becoming one at some point. - 3 (10%)
No - I've never been interested. - 9 (30%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Becoming a Vegetarian

(Read 6763 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #330 on: January 26, 2011, 03:57 AM »

James won't eat vegetables at all.

I'm going to desperately try to change that...

yes You need to sort him out Smile
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #331 on: January 26, 2011, 04:00 AM »

yes You need to sort him out Smile

Clearly.

At least he eats fruits...and more pizza than anyone else on the continent combined. :/

:p
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #332 on: January 26, 2011, 06:55 AM »

I doubt there is a European, living or dead, that can out-eat me at pizza...
IP Logged
Joely
Junior

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #333 on: March 01, 2011, 09:42 PM »

I turned veggie when I was 8. I come from a long line of animal-lovers and, seriously, I'm really, really soppy about 'em. So it was not hard for me and I've never been tempted to eat meat. I also don't eat gelatine, shellac, cochineal, rennet, etc. And I don't eat eggs or drink milk, but that's really because I find them disgusting; but I'm not vegan because I will sometimes eat things which contain eggs or milk... I genuinely prefer soya, though. Smile

So, yes, I have no problems. The only thing I really, really miss is jelly sweets. I have so much respect for my dear, late grandmother who was also veggie from childhood (the 1930s!) and therefore found her options pretty limited. Then when the meat substitutes came along, she hated them all anyway heh. Other members of my family do eat meat, but not cheap meat, they buy organic - they don't think they have some Divine Right to Meat. I had a housemate once who I liked a lot but her attitude stunk: she bought the most appalling, cheap meat in full knowledge of the miserable little existence that creature had had but her outlook was, 'I can't afford organic'. In my opinion, she couldn't afford meat but I kept this, urr, beef to myself...

I think you have to want to do it - not want to want to! - or it will never work. I know this because I don't want to stop smoking - I just want to want to stop smoking - therefore I smoke.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #334 on: March 01, 2011, 09:46 PM »

I turned veggie when I was 8. I come from a long line of animal-lovers and, seriously, I'm really, really soppy about 'em. So it was not hard for me and I've never been tempted to eat meat. I also don't eat gelatine, shellac, cochineal, rennet, etc. And I don't eat eggs or drink milk, but that's really because I find them disgusting; but I'm not vegan because I will sometimes eat things which contain eggs or milk... I genuinely prefer soya, though. Smile

So, yes, I have no problems. The only thing I really, really miss is jelly sweets. I have so much respect for my dear, late grandmother who was also veggie from childhood (the 1930s!) and therefore found her options pretty limited. Then when the meat substitutes came along, she hated them all anyway heh. Other members of my family do eat meat, but not cheap meat, they buy organic - they don't think they have some Divine Right to Meat. I had a housemate once who I liked a lot but her attitude stunk: she bought the most appalling, cheap meat in full knowledge of the miserable little existence that creature had had but her outlook was, 'I can't afford organic'. In my opinion, she couldn't afford meat but I kept this, urr, beef to myself...

I think you have to want to do it - not want to want to! - or it will never work. I know this because I don't want to stop smoking - I just want to want to stop smoking - therefore I smoke.

I'll feel so sorry for you when I'm tucking into my next sirloin.
IP Logged
Joely
Junior

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #335 on: March 01, 2011, 09:52 PM »

I have never eaten a steak. They look and smell gross, though! I have also never had a doner kebab - that one I do regret. A doner kebab, a fight and a Silk Cut superking - then you'd have me jealous.

Why would I need steaks when I've got TVP?! It's a delicious product of soya beans, cotton seeds, wheat and oats and when you soak it in water it all swells up and you'd never miss mince when you have TVP! Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #336 on: October 08, 2011, 04:27 PM »

OMG! Linda McCartney's Toad in the Hole is amazing! The sausages taste so real I had to carefully read the box afterwards to make sure.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #337 on: October 08, 2011, 06:42 PM »

I have never eaten a steak. They look and smell gross, though! I have also never had a doner kebab - that one I do regret. A doner kebab, a fight and a Silk Cut superking - then you'd have me jealous.

Why would I need steaks when I've got TVP?! It's a delicious product of soya beans, cotton seeds, wheat and oats and when you soak it in water it all swells up and you'd never miss mince when you have TVP! Very Happy
A product called Quorn is better than TVP, but I use both. Quorn is quicker than soya as its frozen and doesnt need preparation. The filets are great for making curry with and my family often cant tell the difference. They ask "is it quorn or chicken".

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #338 on: October 08, 2011, 06:44 PM »

OMG! Linda McCartney's Toad in the Hole is amazing! The sausages taste so real I had to carefully read the box afterwards to make sure.
I wish I could try that. There's such limited products types where I live. Its not like the UK and its hard to get a decent vegetarian meal in restaurants.
[ Last edit by lashurst October 08, 2011, 11:53 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #339 on: October 08, 2011, 11:14 PM »

Is it? My mum and I had looked at it the other week. But then we tend to make our own and mum uses the linda McCartney sausages anyway Smile
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #340 on: October 09, 2011, 02:54 PM »

Has anyone tried Quorn Peppered Steaks, had them with vegetable rice, excellent!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #341 on: February 23, 2012, 01:37 PM »

Would any vegetarians here start eating the 'test tube' burgers?

I rarely eat meat because of the ethics of it but I'm very excited about these developments and would happily include it into my diet.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #342 on: February 23, 2012, 02:29 PM »

Preparing a chicken stir-fry at the moment, marinade almost done.

Thinking of all you vegetarians at this point in time.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #343 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44 PM »

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Becoming a Vegetarian « Reply #344 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36 PM »

Would any vegetarians here start eating the 'test tube' burgers?

Sounds (and looks) revolting yuk

I rarely eat meat because of the ethics of it but I'm very excited about these developments and would happily include it into my diet.

I tend to eat free-range chicken now.  The eggs I buy now are very much free range (friend has chickens on her lifestyle block Very Happy ) and the beef we are currently eating spent it's days on another friend's lifestyle block before arriving in my freezer.  I rarely eat pork, but there's a free range company that provides pork http://www.rarebreeds.co.nz/soggybottom5.html

Preparing a chicken stir-fry at the moment, marinade almost done.

Sounds lovely Little tongue man  I do like veggie meals but I also like my meat too Little tongue man
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »