Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Benefits and financial support 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Benefits and financial support

(Read 9158 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #480 on: November 05, 2011, 01:05 PM »

It is obvious that some people play the system. But many people on this forum seem to think it is their duty to make a lot of noise about it. If they were ill or unable to work would they be so vocal about it or are they just making a noise to upset the people who really need benefits to survive. I always say put yourself in their shoes and you might even learn something. I have never been on benefits but can understand those who are in genuine need. If this government had its way there would be no benefit system just like they want all hospital treatment dished out to the private sector so their friends can make lots of money. I always look for an ulterior motive, because I do not trust this government to look after the people that need help. They the government look after the rich with tax breaks and take money from their friends in banks and the financial sector. Its time they cleaned that up.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #481 on: November 05, 2011, 02:01 PM »

Your opening remarks are nonsense! Nobody has said any such thing!! Why don't you try reading the posts 'before' you comment and 'you' might learn something!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #482 on: November 05, 2011, 05:23 PM »

I do  not need lesson from you Caz. As usual you have your opinions I have mine lets leave it at that.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #483 on: November 05, 2011, 06:18 PM »

Fine! In that case, can you please justify your remarks by verifying exactly what people you are talking about? Apart from you, there are only three others.......myself, Nigel and BBH  who have posted since last July!
[ Last edit by Caz November 05, 2011, 06:31 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #484 on: November 05, 2011, 06:32 PM »

I have no intention of naming names. I have been called lots of nasty names from several people on this forum. In know way do I have to justify myself to you or anyone else.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #485 on: November 05, 2011, 06:34 PM »

In that case, everyone who reads this thread will know you are talking utter tripe!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #486 on: November 05, 2011, 07:42 PM »

Tripe maybe to you Caz but not tripe to me. It seems if you have different view you are regarded as an easy target as I have found in previous discussions. Even when you try to prove your point I would be wasting my time as I have found in the past. Its not worth it so you keep you views and Ill keep mine.
If you try to discuss things of a political nature its not worth the hassle take what you like from that I really dont care.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #487 on: November 05, 2011, 08:31 PM »

No Caz - not UTTER tripe.    We all talk a certain amount of tripe when we look for stories and stats to support our point of view and we can all find stories and stats which suit and ignore those which don't.   I've only flicked through but someone BBH? said SUCCESSIVE  governments had got us into debt and your reply was
"the last one certainly did"     What about the others?    Does anyone know how much tax we lose through non-doms?    I have heard it but didn't pay much attention
as I'm pretty sure nothing will be done about it.    Now to important matters - loads and loads of good wishes to Kei Nikishori for to-morrow.     Also you will have to teach me how to quote.    I can now edit.
[ Last edit by Iluvandy November 05, 2011, 08:44 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #488 on: November 06, 2011, 07:16 AM »

Actually, the only bit I was referring too as 'utter tripe' was her opening remarks! Quote "It is obvious that some people play the system. But many people on this forum seem to think it is their duty to make a lot of noise about it. If they were ill or unable to work would they be so vocal about it or are they just making a noise to upset the people who really need benefits to survive. I always say put yourself in their shoes and you might even learn something." Unquote. Who is she talking about? I've made it quite clear many times, I do not begrudge a penny to those who need support! In fact I've said so 'again' on the previous page! Also on the previous page, you will have seen that Nigel quoted a job offer that a healthy young man, obviously on benefits was turning down! Well, I've been there! I've had to do that job more than once in my life! So, do I grudge him his benefits? You bet I do! Utter tripe? Absolutely!! OK, now the important stuff! I'll join you in wishing the best of luck to the 'man from Japan', Kei Nishikori! You want to quote someone? Press the quote button above the quote you wish to use and the quote will appear in the box where you type your posts! You may then enter your post 'after' the word quote, which will be in brackets at the end of said quote! I like to leave one space after, just to be on the safe side! You can then type in what you want to say and send as normal! However, if you want to add emoticons or if you just want more room, press the 'advanced' button at the bottom of the box and the whole thing will transfer onto another page, where you can make whatever adjustments you want and then send! It sounds complicated, but it's quite easy really! You can always have a few practices and then delete if you need to!
[ Last edit by Caz November 06, 2011, 08:49 AM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #489 on: November 08, 2011, 04:26 PM »

I believe you wouldn't grudge support where it's needed Caz but I did get an impression of anti benefits just on a quick flick through the posts.    I think LB took a general swipe and you picked up on it.    Thanks for the information on quoting.    I'll have a go.    Stand by for the next request.   
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #490 on: November 08, 2011, 04:49 PM »

No......I'm not anti benefits at all! Just anti fraudsters!! Aren't you? As for LB........You'd have to go back a lot further on lots of different threads to see just how often she takes that same 'general swipe'! I'm beginning to realise that she just likes to make out she's being victimised when nobody has said a word to her! That's why she wouldn't say who she was accusing! Anyway, I'm glad to have been able to help you so far, but that's about all I know how to do on here! I don't know how to post pics or do 'polls' or start new threads even......I'm a bit of a technophobe really! w00t
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #491 on: November 08, 2011, 05:37 PM »

Caz I'm just anti....benefit fraudsters, MP fraudsters, people who buy things in pubs, non-doms,
people who cheat insurance companies or any companies, because it's me they're  cheating really -
people who dodge taxes are cheating me - a poor old PAYE person.     Anyone who cares?
Jamie and Colin won and I have another day of being gobsmacked at the idea of 4 Scots all
playing in the Paris Masters!!!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #492 on: November 08, 2011, 05:46 PM »

Well there you go.......We're on the same wavelength after all! Yeah....well done the boys! Andy's turn tomorrow......I can't wait! cmon yeah
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #493 on: November 08, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Problem is so much publicity is given to those on benefit fraud and almost none to those who don't claim and who, as a result, are living in dire circumstances. Now with the cuts it's really likely that children/elderly are going  hungry, which is the most terrible indictment of  our Western society.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #494 on: November 08, 2011, 11:37 PM »

I do think benefit fraud gets more publicity than all the other types although MPs expenses took over for a while - gone quiet now though.    A few scapegoats then back to business.    Hunger I'm not sure about BBH.    Obesity seems to be more of a problem.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »