Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Benefits and financial support 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Benefits and financial support

(Read 10348 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #540 on: April 02, 2013, 03:08 PM »

I have a friend who went for this SO CALLED MEDICAL it is a farce. His bones are all fused he can walk but not far, he can sit for half a hour maximum  and takes very strong pain killers. Those medicals are being done by a company called Atos are a farce the government are paying them more than they would save from benefits. To treat people who are genuine ill like this is criminal. This government are showing their true colours. More money for the well of whilst the poor are left to get on with it.Perhaps Caz people already know about the Atos medicals and feel they are not being treated fairly. Many go to Citizens Advice for help. Guess what this wonderful government are closing them because they do not have enough money to pay for them. Leaving no options for them to fight loss of benefit decisions.

Yes, the medical is a farce. The first time I was seen, the doctor (Dr. Petrov) who examined me didn't listen to a word I said. He literally said "Uh huh" after every answer or statement I made and entered the data into the computer.

He concluded that my arthritis was unlikely to get worse, which contradicts everything we know about psoriatic arthritis. If there is one thing we know, it's that the condition is progressive. One's joints don't get better. They invariably get worse.

I nearly hit the ******* roof when I read his conclusions. I even looked into whether I could sue him, but Atos' employees are well protected.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #541 on: April 02, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Yes, the medical is a farce. The first time I was seen, the doctor (Dr. Petrov) who examined me didn't listen to a word I said. He literally said "Uh huh" after every answer or statement I made and entered the data into the computer.

He concluded that my arthritis was unlikely to get worse, which contradicts everything we know about psoriatic arthritis. If there is one thing we know, it's that the condition is progressive. One's joints don't get better. They invariably get worse.

I nearly hit the ******* roof when I read his conclusions. I even looked into whether I could sue him, but Atos' employees are well protected.

Dr. Petrov?

Eastern Europeans are notorious for being ***** about medical conditions. I say this as an Eastern European (though he could be just a descendant. In that case, never mind).
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #542 on: April 02, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Have we decided that the censors are going to completely ** out the word? That will prove difficult to comprehend.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #543 on: April 02, 2013, 03:15 PM »

I have no problem with genuine claimants, of which there must be very few, or else we're a nation with serious, widespread and worrying health problems.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #544 on: April 02, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Have we decided that the censors are going to completely ** out the word? That will prove difficult to comprehend.
More fun and less mod reports Very Happy

Shouldn't be too difficult though as number of stars are relative to letters in the word.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #545 on: April 02, 2013, 03:22 PM »

More fun and less mod reports Very Happy

Shouldn't be too difficult though as number of stars are relative to letters in the word.

Some have the same amount of words, though.

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #546 on: April 02, 2013, 03:26 PM »

I have no problem with genuine claimants, of which there must be very few, or else we're a nation with serious, widespread and worrying health problems.

That's the issue. How do you assess someone else's experience in order to determine whether they are genuine? Medical evidence can do so much to weed out the frauds, but then you're left with conditions that are either misunderstood or rife with ambiguity.

For example, how do you assess pain levels? These medical tests and questionnaires don't appear to understand that some conditions vary from day to day or even hour to hour. I may feel great one day and be fit to work, but what about the next day?

How can someone confidently apply for a regular 9-5 job when their medical condition is so unpredictable? That is an example of something that isn't taken into account because these people just can't relate.

Personally, I'm trying to overcome this issue by putting myself in a position to pick and choose based on my needs. Not everyone can do that, though.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #547 on: April 02, 2013, 03:34 PM »

Just like with insurance fraud, too, GPs receive a fee over and above their basic allowance every time they sign someone off for DLA or the sick. It's corrupt from the inside.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #548 on: April 02, 2013, 03:35 PM »

Nigel I know there are some who play the system but many genuine people are being treated badly. My husband has worked hard all his life and only claimed DLA a year before he retired he had a massive heart attack and was riddled with arthritis. When he was young he was in a very bad car crash and was in hospital for a year the result of the car crash left him with a badly broken left leg and he almost lost his left hand. The leg healed but was badly bowed as it had not been set properly, he does not have full use of his left hand due to nerve damage. He had to take early retirement due to his health and made claims for DLA he claimed twice the second time they sent a Dr who on seeing my husband said if I had my way I would give it to you right now. We have a motobility car because he cannot walk far at all. If we did not have this we would hardly ever go out. So there are genuine people who are being treated like ****. Claiming DLA is not easy this should weed out those who are not genuine but people who are ill should be treated fairly and not treated like bits of ****.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #549 on: April 02, 2013, 03:38 PM »

Just like with insurance fraud, too, GPs receive a fee over and above their basic allowance every time they sign someone off for DLA or the sick. It's corrupt from the inside.

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite with Atos. Rejections are compensated. Where did you read that they receive fees for signing people off? I can't even imagine the motivation for that kind of compensation.

By the way, DLA is horrendously difficult to get. The lower rate is reasonably assessed, but the criteria for the higher rate is obscene. You essentially have to be immobilised, quite literally, to get it. Look it up if you don't believe me. They asked me if I could walk 100 yards. It didn't matter how painful it would have been or how long it would have taken me.

I didn't warrant the higher rate, anyway. My mobility is generally good enough these days, so it was right for me to get the lower rate (the folks at the tribunal actually thanked me for being so honest). I'm sure lots of other people are getting ****** over by that assessment, though.
[ Last edit by Clydey April 02, 2013, 03:45 PM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #550 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite with Atos. Rejections are compensated.

Where did you read that they receive fees for signing people off? I can't even imagine the motivation for that kind of compensation.

I used to work for the BMA. One of my jobs was updating the handbook of GPs' fees and allowances.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #551 on: April 02, 2013, 03:46 PM »

I used to work for the BMA. One of my jobs was updating the handbook of GPs' fees and allowances.

You got a link to it or could you point me in the direction of the relevant document? I'd like to have a read when I can.

Updated the last post, just as a point of interest.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #552 on: April 02, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Can't find a link but GPs are self-employed. Their pay comes from a set of fees and allowances. Signing people off sick might be worth about £75 a pop.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #553 on: April 02, 2013, 03:53 PM »

Can't find a link but GPs are self-employed. Their pay comes from a set of fees and allowances. Signing people off sick might be worth about £75 a pop.

You mean signing them off for a day or a week? GPs don't assess DLA claimants, though. Certainly, I wasn't assessed by one.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Benefits and financial support « Reply #554 on: April 02, 2013, 04:22 PM »

No a Dr who was employed by the Government came to see my husband. We had filled in the application ourselves and were rejected. The second application was done by the Citizens Advice who were very helpful.As I said they sent a Dr employed by the benefits section to examine my husband. He was very thorough but told us my husband would get DLA on the high rate for mobility and the intermediate rate for his care. He requires turning during the night as his legs get sore.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »