Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Bible discussion thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Reply
Author

Bible discussion thread

(Read 9608 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #480 on: March 20, 2013, 08:07 PM »

And Hazel, please don't post a quote of an opposing perspective straight after mine - that's just trolling Wink

Just making sure both perspectives are shown- isn't that what you said about posting straight after any positive posts I made?

Kill your enemies and then love your enemies. It didn't take us long to stumble across one of the hundreds of contradictions in the Bible Very Happy

And your quote was from part of a parable Jesus told- the actual point of which has nothing to do with killing your enemies but making the most of what was given to you.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #481 on: March 20, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Just making sure both perspectives are shown- isn't that what you said about posting straight after any positive posts I made?
Exactly my point which was why I was teasing you Smile

And your quote was from part of a parable Jesus told- the actual point of which has nothing to do with killing your enemies but making the most of what was given to you.
I don't think it matters whether the overall point was a positive one. It is what it is.

The Binding of Isaac has a positive point but it doesn't excuse what God did.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #482 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14 PM »

Don't care anymore-really don't
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #483 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14 PM »

All I care for is healthy discussion. The rest doesn't matter.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #484 on: March 26, 2013, 02:35 PM »

I am really looking forward to this weekend,i have been invited to  Passover Seder,gives me a chance to learn the roots of my Christain faith. Its a lovley feast day
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #485 on: March 26, 2013, 02:41 PM »

Pass over, pass over... trying to remember what that was again. As yes, celebration of God murdering non-Hebrew children.

IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #486 on: March 26, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Pass over, pass over... trying to remember what that was again. As yes, celebration of God murdering non-Hebrew children.

I wonderd how long it would take you Mark  still banging the same old drum... God still loves you though,nothing you do will change that.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #487 on: March 26, 2013, 02:53 PM »

I wonderd how long it would take you Mark  still banging the same old drum...
We're all banging the same old drum when it comes to this thread though.

God still loves you though,nothing you do will change that.
Can you pass on a message to God that he needs to be more economical with his love. Something is wrong when I get it but the children starving in Africa do not.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #488 on: March 26, 2013, 03:02 PM »

We're all banging the same old drum when it comes to this thread though.
Can you pass on a message to God that he needs to be more economical with his love. Something is wrong when I get it but the children starving in Africa do not.

I don't understand all of His ways Mark.I guess this is why its called a faith walk.As for the kids in Africa God gets the blame for a lott of stuff that peopls and goverments do.He will not step on the free will that he has given us.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #489 on: March 26, 2013, 03:13 PM »

You give your children free will because we all deserve that basic right but you don't watch them run in front of a car because you believe so strongly in the principle. Selective intervention does not take away the dignity and rights free will gives us, it simply shows love.

Either God can only work in black or white due to serious lack of intelligence or he just doesn't care.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #490 on: March 26, 2013, 03:34 PM »

Mark,for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten  son .He said He did it bacause of His love for us.That while we were sinners He died on the cross.
No matter what you say or think He did it for you and me.
Shalom.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #491 on: March 26, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Mark,for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten  son .He said He did it bacause of His love for us.That while we were sinners He died on the cross.
No matter what you say or think He did it for you and me.
Shalom.

Smile Doing anything else special this holy week? My church is transforming the main sanctuary into an interactive Easter experience. Really looking forward to visiting it.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #492 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Smile Doing anything else special this holy week? My church is transforming the main sanctuary into an interactive Easter experience. Really looking forward to visiting it.

So went into town and went round this today. Was really peaceful and helped me focus my mind on Jesus and the cross. Then as I was headed to the train I passed out again (thankfully inside) and spent the next several hours in A&E Rolling Eyes
It's so frustrating to go through all this but today I was reminded that Christ suffered agonies before he was even put on the cross and he died for me, rose for me and lives for me Very Happy Takes the sting out of the things in my life getting me down.
Being a Christian doesn't mean you never experience suffering, it means you never go through it alone, and the God walking beside you has felt the worst human pain that can be inflicted...and he went through it because he loves me Very Happy

If you don't agree with this can you please give me this one weekend, the most important in the Christian calendar, to just say that and not get a response. This was really directed at the other Christians on the site who get what I mean in saying that.

So to those who know the love of Christ, the joy of his resurrection, and the promise of eternal life- may God really speak into your hearts this Easter weekend and may you enjoy worshiping him as we celebrate his love for us Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #493 on: March 31, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Happy Easter! He is Risen!

My brothers and sisters in Christ may you be overwhelmed with the joy the Risen Christ brings to those who believe Very Happy

Have a lovely Easter hug
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Bible discussion thread « Reply #494 on: April 01, 2013, 12:25 PM »

Happy Easter! He is Risen!
lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »