Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure?

(Read 9252 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #345 on: May 09, 2011, 08:18 PM »

Daisy I do not answer your posts anymore. I had enough of your opinions. You seem to think you are right on everything and I cannot be bothered anymore. You go through the forum looking for people to argue with and I am not the only won who has said so.So you can argue all you want with yourself.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #346 on: May 09, 2011, 08:26 PM »

Sometime I would really love a like button on this site Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #347 on: May 09, 2011, 08:33 PM »

I'd bet Mark could make you one Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #348 on: May 11, 2011, 03:05 PM »

On the radio today ... a proposal to fine motorists as well as add on the spot penalty points who tailgate/flash their lights/hog the middle lane/undertake etc. 

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/news/auto-1105/plans-for-onthespot-fines-for-careless-drivers-revealed.asp

Another thing that has become very popular up here is to set up mobile speed cameras on straight stretches of road, generally where these straight stretches come after multiple bends so that there is a build up of traffic behind someone doing 50 mph on a 60 mph road.  When the driver behind the 50 mph driver moves out to overtake, he/she is obviously doing more than 60 mph to get past before getting creamed with oncoming traffic and gets a fine and penalty points.  The general feeling up here is one of intense anger together with the realisation that the Government has found a new way to haul in revenue.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #349 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13 AM »

http://www.iaindale.com/posts/god-forbid-the-nhs-was-part-privatised?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #350 on: July 26, 2011, 01:57 PM »

Is this the right thread to laugh at the Americans flailing around trying to arrange a deal to raise their deficit ceiling?
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #351 on: July 26, 2011, 05:18 PM »

I've only read the news superficially, but is the impression I'm getting that the Democrats are willing to compromise but the Republicans not, correct?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #352 on: July 26, 2011, 05:22 PM »

I've only read the news superficially, but is the impression I'm getting that the Democrats are willing to compromise but the Republicans not, correct?
I think that depends  on which news agency you read.They are both to blame for the slow move, each wants the other guy to blink.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #353 on: July 27, 2011, 04:13 PM »

An American economist has said that the Finance Minister in the Phillipines has told the Americans to get their dollar sorted out, he commented that it was like Ethopia telling the Americans how to grow crops.  How embarrassing is that!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #354 on: July 27, 2011, 04:25 PM »

Well if America goes down the tube the government here will shortly follow. As will Europe, I cant see how 0.2% is called growth. Scotland has had no growth what so ever so Ill leave it for you to judge if this government is a success.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #355 on: July 27, 2011, 04:42 PM »

Nowhere is growing.

People expect things to turn back to normal, the way we were.

It will never be the same again.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #356 on: July 27, 2011, 06:40 PM »

Nowhere is growing.

People expect things to turn back to normal, the way we were.

It will never be the same again.

Well according to today's Independent, UK is at the bottom of the global growth league apart from Japan (which is of course a special case).
But I agree with you that things won't go back to the way they were - and nor should they.  Trouble is bankers etc have carried on as if things can go on as they were. And if the Americans don't sort it out, it spells real trouble for the global economy.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #357 on: July 27, 2011, 06:42 PM »

It's more to do with how oil thirsty we are as a race, and we're well past peak oil production.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #358 on: July 27, 2011, 06:45 PM »

It's more to do with how oil thirsty we are as a race, and we're well past peak oil production.
Yes that's true plus we have to change if the environment isn't going to be destroyed.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #359 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55 PM »

Its disgraceful that BP have made a profit of £3.2 billion in the 2nd Quarter of this year and petrol prices are at the level they are.........before anyone says it, I know that's why they have a profit like that.  Surely though, something should be done about this?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »