Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure?

(Read 8702 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #390 on: December 15, 2011, 12:49 PM »

Just what I said in a previous post. The discussions about the fiscal union will not start until March at the earliest. As I have said and also Alis that other countries are going to have to discuss these matters in their own parliaments. The first priority should be to get the euro back on an even keel. Until that is done the fiscal union will not go ahead. The Germans and the French are the two countries holding this back. The French want the ECB to print money the Germans do not, so at the moment its stalemate. Why because the Germans are frightened that this would cause massive inflation. So the principal countries Germany and France will end up at each other's trout and nothing will be solved. The markets will only tolerate this for a while and the Euro will fall. Perhaps this will be the end of the EU, and only the trade agreements will remain. Which the tories want maybe that is what Cameron wants. Who knows ? maybe that is why he did not sign the agreement and does not have to hold a referendum which he did not want to do.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #391 on: December 15, 2011, 06:30 PM »

I don't think anyone in their right senses would want the Euro to fall or the EU to break up - it would cause havoc in the markets and the repurcussions would reverberate around the world.  Germany has a fear of printing money bacause of what happened to them in the past -the Deutschmark at one time was so devalued that it was said that you would need a wheelbarrow full to buy a loaf of bread.  Germany and France are very odd bedfellows - it will be very interesting to see how this all plays out - only time will tell whether or not Cameron did the right thing.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #392 on: December 15, 2011, 08:19 PM »

Exactly right Aileen! I think they've already got far more power over our affairs than I'm comfortable with, and as far as saving the Euro is concerned, they haven't managed to agree on anything! It's a complete and utter shambles! I know you're not a big fan of David Cameron, but yes, he has got guts and I do believe he's doing his best to get this country back on it's feet, but let's face it.......He has a helluva job on his hands!

No he's not. He's a slave to the financial sector and looking out only for the Tory paymasters in the City.

Talk of Germany ruling the UK is just Daily Mail rubbish too. Your reference to them 'trying to rule us once before' was also laughable. Nothing like a bit of British war nostalgia to get the blood flowing, is there - however irrelevant in this day and age.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #393 on: December 15, 2011, 08:55 PM »

No he's not. He's a slave to the financial sector and looking out only for the Tory paymasters in the City.

Talk of Germany ruling the UK is just Daily Mail rubbish too. Your reference to them 'trying to rule us once before' was also laughable. Nothing like a bit of British war nostalgia to get the blood flowing, is there - however irrelevant in this day and age.
On your first comment Joe, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on! For your second......I 'never' read the Daily Mail [or any of the other rags for that matter]! As for your third, I will admit that was a bit strong, and I 'kind of' regret having written it on here for fear of upsetting my German friends, but then.........you did murder William Wallace didn't you?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #394 on: December 15, 2011, 10:40 PM »

On your first comment Joe, you and I will just have to agree to disagree on! For your second......I 'never' read the Daily Mail [or any of the other rags for that matter]! As for your third, I will admit that was a bit strong, and I 'kind of' regret having written it on here for fear of upsetting my German friends, but then.........you did murder William Wallace didn't you?

No, my ancestors did!

Why do you disagree that Cameron bends over for the banks though?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #395 on: December 16, 2011, 03:11 AM »

My cousin sent me this - "The European photo of the year".  Couldn't resist posting it on here. Very Happy  Hope you get it as I copied it over from my emails.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #396 on: December 16, 2011, 08:26 AM »

No Joe......of course it was not you who murdered William Wallace, just as it was not the Germans of today [mostly now anyway] who commited those vile atrocities all those years ago! I just wanted you to 'catch my drift'.........but, I think you knew that anyway! David Cameron is taking more from the banks than anyone else has before, but lots of people don't think it's enough.......and they're probably right too! But, the fact is that the banks bring in over £50 BILLION pounds a year into this country! That is 50 THOUSAND MILLION POUNDS every single year! Now......My question is.......Do you think they need us more than we need them?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #397 on: December 16, 2011, 02:43 PM »

Sorry Caz but the banks still get away with murder. There are ways shocking around paying tax. I read an article the other day saying a bank I cant remember which one had diddled the tax man of 11 million pounds. Until the public are satisfied that all the loopholes are closed and bankers do not get extortionate bonuses will the general public be happy and that includes myself. shocking shocking shocking
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #398 on: December 17, 2011, 03:10 AM »

Well done to Nick Clegg for telling the French PM that steps should be taken to calm down the childishly unacceptable rhetoric on the British economy emanating from France because it is doing nothing whatsoever to help the current situation.

It sounds as if President Sarkozy is throwing his toys out of the pram because only recently the arrogant prat was boasting that it was "unthinkable" that France would lose its cherished AAA credit rating as a result of the Eurozone crisis, and now that that seems to be imminent he's chosen to vent his anger towards Britain despite the fact that economic comparisons show the situation to be as follows:

Growth forecast 2011: UK 0.8%, France 1.5%
Government debt compared to annual economic output: UK 84%, France 85%
Government borrowing costs: UK 2.11%, France 2.99%

Co-operation not criticism is the only way forward in finding a solution to this mess.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #399 on: December 17, 2011, 06:29 AM »

I think that's the least Clegg could have done after his disgusting 'no show' of the other day!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #400 on: December 17, 2011, 01:06 PM »

Cameron it appears did not discuss with Clegg what he was going to do at the summit. When he used GB's veto Clegg probably had not agreed to this. This would have caused ructions in the Lib Dem party.
I have no love for either one of them,I think Clegg sold out his party to be in the government. It could have lead to the break up of the coalition, as it is I do not think there will be much love lost between them. Cameron is fighting off his right wing MP and Clegg trying to remain in government. I have no time for the tories at all most people in Scotland remember all too well what Thatcher did here to the economy It is always the same it is the poorest who suffer while the rich get richer.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #401 on: December 17, 2011, 01:41 PM »

Sorry Caz but the banks still get away with murder. There are ways shocking around paying tax. I read an article the other day saying a bank I cant remember which one had diddled the tax man of 11 million pounds. Until the public are satisfied that all the loopholes are closed and bankers do not get extortionate bonuses will the general public be happy and that includes myself. shocking shocking shocking
Oh you're way too clever for me LB......I surrender!  yes
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #402 on: December 17, 2011, 02:15 PM »

I don't think we can continue to blame the present day Tories for the things that Thatcher did three decades ago - no more than we can blame Milliband for the inadequacies of Blair and Brown - he has enough problems to deal with holding on to the leadership of his party!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #403 on: December 17, 2011, 02:17 PM »

I do not think I am clever I am just stating the facts as I see them. I do not expect everyone to have the same opinion. It is obvious you hold different opinions that's your right and you are free to express them as has the next man.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: UK Coalition Govt: Success or failure? « Reply #404 on: December 17, 2011, 02:26 PM »

Yes we can people up here in Scotland remember what she did. Hence the tories have one MP in Westminster. That should tell you something. She closed the steelworks and mines and nearly all the shipyards and decimated heavy industry. It is the same for the Labour party they have to come up with new policies as their vote has plummeted. No wonder the SNP won so many seats, because they have new ideas and are not affraid to put them into practice.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »