Andy Murray vs Robin Haase, Thursday, Time - 1:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Cars
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23 Reply

Cars

Colour...fave is either dark blue or British racing green Smile

IP Logged

That doesn't make any sense to me... the darker the colour the less dirt will show, I thought that was basically for everything.

BTW, I hate the silver grey colour as well.

It most probably doesn't make any sense because you've never had a black car.  A couple of my friends traded in their black cars because they just couldn't stand them looking so ugly - one was a Beamer SUV and the other was a Beamer Saloon.

Silve grey is the pits, but it looks "good" longer ....
IP Logged

Sadly no ...... only looks good for about 5 minutes then it's a mess.  The easiest to keep clean is that boring silver grey colour everyone has right now, including me .... my shopping car is that colour.

She's right - if you think about it, the muck that you're going to pick up on the roads is brown / grey - i.e. lighter than black, so it shows. Therefore black cars look mucky very easily.

And hell to the yes with the Bugatti Veyron.... drool
IP Logged

OK, I get your point about the lighter dirt but surely that means black is as bad as pretty much every other colour out there apart from silver? I can't imagine dirt looking any less visible on red, green, blue etc.
IP Logged

British racing green Smile

Yes please!! Jaguars in british racing green = wub

IP Logged

Yes please!! Jaguars in british racing green = wub

Read my mind...that was always what I wanted till Jags went rubbish Very Happy
IP Logged

Read my mind...that was always what I wanted till Jags went rubbish Very Happy

Now they're just Fords!  Boy, did I get in trouble with that ..... a girl friend bought a new red car and I thought it was a new Ford and said so - it was when Ford first started making Jags - don't think she has forgiven me yet ....
IP Logged

OK, I get your point about the lighter dirt but surely that means black is as bad as pretty much every other colour out there apart from silver? I can't imagine dirt looking any less visible on red, green, blue etc.

The bright vivid colours are almost as bad, but for some reason black is just a little bit worse.  These light coloured "pearlised" cars just don't show it as much ....
IP Logged

Nothing wrong with a Ford....(though yes, not quite the status of a jag)
IP Logged

No, Black is probably the worst colour to keep clean. A little dust and it looks like you've been rallying. I'm going to save up and get mine sprayed next year maybe. I like a metallic blue. I currently drive a Ford Focus ST. And love it.
IP Logged

Now they're just Fords!  Boy, did I get in trouble with that ..... a girl friend bought a new red car and I thought it was a new Ford and said so - it was when Ford first started making Jags - don't think she has forgiven me yet ....

Haha bet she wasn't happy...yeah they're just tacky now.

Maybe an Aston Martin instead Think
IP Logged

Haha bet she wasn't happy...yeah they're just tacky now.

Maybe an Aston Martin instead Think

Oooh Hazel - seems like you and I have the same taste in cars .... I wouldn't mind one of those either ..
IP Logged

Oooh Hazel - seems like you and I have the same taste in cars .... I wouldn't mind one of those either ..

Sometimes I really do think we were seperated at birth Think Very Happy
IP Logged

lol

IP Logged

No, Black is probably the worst colour to keep clean. A little dust and it looks like you've been rallying. I'm going to save up and get mine sprayed next year maybe. I like a metallic blue. I currently drive a Ford Focus ST. And love it.
How much does spraying cost and is the spray done well enough so it look like you bought it that colour?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23 Reply