Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Derren Brown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Derren Brown

(Read 7183 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #150 on: September 12, 2009, 12:30 PM »

Anyway, looking at the mainstream media today, it seems every single article is against him today saying the real explanation was not given. Out of all his TV stunts, this one would seem to have harmed his reputation the most. I've always found his other explanations for his big TV stunts very interesting but if this one was not true then it would make it the most uninteresting.

It's not done anything to his reputation. I doubt he expected many people to believe the given explanation. It's all smoke and mirrors. Only he and a few others around him, like Andy Nyman, know how he did it. The point for him was to get people guessing and talking. It was to make you wonder how he did it, not reveal the explanation.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #151 on: September 12, 2009, 12:30 PM »

It's not done anything to his reputation.
It has for me personally which means it will for many others. If the explanation was false, it was a pathetic show last night.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #152 on: September 12, 2009, 12:36 PM »

It has for me personally which means it will for many others. If the explanation was false, it was a pathetic show last night.

You're just annoyed because you bought it. lol

Mark, the whole thing falls apart if you think about it for 5 seconds. The fact is that no one knows how he did it and people will continue to guess. That is exactly what he would have wanted.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #153 on: September 12, 2009, 12:37 PM »

You're just annoyed because you bought it. lol
Sure and many other people will have bought it and will subsequently discover it was bullsh*t which is why I posted what I did above.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #154 on: September 12, 2009, 12:40 PM »

Sure and many other people will have bought it and will subsequently discover it was bullsh*t which is why I posted what I did above.

Those people aren't as skeptical as you usually are.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #155 on: September 12, 2009, 12:40 PM »

Those people aren't as skeptical as you usually are.
And?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #156 on: September 12, 2009, 12:43 PM »

And?

And you should know better.

Besides, you'll like next week's event much better. It's the kind of thing I'm interested in: suggestion.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #157 on: September 12, 2009, 12:45 PM »

And you should know better.
I never knew he apparently admits openly to giving false explanations, if I knew that then I would not believe it for a second. Also bear in mind my maths is atrocious so someone can easily pull the wool over my eyes with something like this.

Besides, you'll like next week's event much better. It's the kind of thing I'm interested in: suggestion.
I can't wait, this is the episode I've been most excited about when I found out about The Events.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #158 on: September 12, 2009, 12:47 PM »

I never knew he apparently admits openly to giving false explanations, if I knew that then I would not believe it for a second. Also bear in mind my maths is atrocious so someone can easily pull the wool over my eyes with something like this.
I can't wait, this is the episode I've been most excited about when I found out about The Events.

The lottery trick was always going to be exactly that: a trick.

Subliminal suggestion is far more interesting.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #159 on: September 12, 2009, 12:48 PM »

Subliminal suggestion is far more interesting.
Without a doubt.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #160 on: September 12, 2009, 01:31 PM »

Found his programme last night really fascinating.  I don't know what to think?  confused
IP Logged
Scottie
World No 1

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #161 on: September 12, 2009, 02:46 PM »

So officially I wouldnt be allowed to tell the public the numbers I have predicted for this weeks draw? I agree with Allan and James, he had to see the numbers first because it was a trick. I liked how when he gave his 3 options for the 'event' he left out option 4: A trick!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #162 on: September 12, 2009, 02:49 PM »

So officially I wouldnt be allowed to tell the public the numbers I have predicted for this weeks draw?
Of course you can, it's more complicated than that. Firstly you need to bear in mind that everyone will sensibly assume Derren will get the numbers right, therefore it is no normal prediction or guess. Secondly, BBC and Channel4 had to probably come to some agreement over this beforehand with Channel4 having to do what BBC tell them and then putting that into a legally binding contract. Part of that agreement could easily have been "announce numbers after BBC air them as yours will most likely be correct and thus it would jeapodise our superior position of airing the lottery first". If Channel4 agreed to those terms, then it would be illegal to breach that as it would be in a legally binding contract. Thirdly, with semantics aside, he used Camelot in his reasoning for not showing the balls, therefore it would be disrespectful to him if everything he said was a lie.

James doesn't agree with the above and he has given his arguments, I don't want to re-start this particular argument with him at least, just reminding you of my thoughts.
[ Last edit by Mark September 12, 2009, 03:00 PM ] IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #163 on: September 12, 2009, 03:02 PM »

"announce numbers after BBC air them as yours will most likely be correct and thus it would jeapodise our superior position of airing the lottery first".

Lols. I think they would have stopped after 'air them'.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #164 on: September 12, 2009, 03:02 PM »

Lols. I think they would have stopped after 'air them'.
Maybe but they would have most likely said the first bit and made it part of their terms Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »