Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Derren Brown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Derren Brown

(Read 6458 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 08:29 PM »

One explanation could be that he is actually physcic but knows he can go through life with much more respect by saying he isn't

If you were physcic, would you admit it? No one would want be your friend, especially not your partner under those circumstances.

He's not bloody psychic. For goodness sake, Mark...

You have more brains than that. Besides, he dedicates a lot of time to debunking such nonsense. There's always an explanation. It's silly to leap to such absurd conclusions.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31 PM »

He's not bloody psychic. For goodness sake, Mark...

You have more brains than that. Besides, he dedicates a lot of time to debunking such nonsense. There's always an explanation. It's silly to leap to such absurd conclusions.
I know he's not psychic, I gave it along side other potential explanations although it is clearly the least probable explanation. Please read the posts I have made in this topic properly before posting with that sort of frustrated tone to me.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 08:31 PM »

It's an assumption based on the fact his explanations for past amazing stunts have always ended up being so simple compared to what we might think up while we are ignorant. He has yet to offer an explanation for some of the things he does in his recent programmes and it wouldn't surprise me, going by his past revelations, if the explanations were also simple.

They probably are also simple. I mean, look at how he switched places with the guy and came out in the ape suit. Simple explanation. It's all trickery mixed with psychology. The trick is that you don't know when he's using pychological techniques and when he's using conjurer's tricks.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32 PM »

I know he's not physchic, I gave it along side other potential explanations although it is clearly the least probable explanation. Please read the posts I have made in this topic properly before posting with that sort of frustrated tone to me.

"One explanation could be that he is actually physcic but knows he can go through life with much more respect by saying he isn't

If you were physcic, would you admit it? No one would want be your friend, especially not your partner under those circumstances."

That post sounds like you think it's a credible explanation.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 08:36 PM »

They probably are also simple. I mean, look at how he switched places with the guy and came out in the ape suit. Simple explanation.
I just wish he'd tell us how he can know about specific things in people's lives without meeting and talking to them beforehand. That's a different league to simply putting thoughts into people's heads.

That post sounds like you think it's a credible explanation.
I posted it as a possible explanation among several others, I did not intend to express how credible I felt it was. However, for the record, I don't think it would be particularly shocking if some human beings had such abilities, I would simply consider those people to be in an advanced state of evolution.
[ Last edit by Mark January 16, 2009, 08:44 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 08:40 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he could explain it very easily, I just wish he'd tell us how he can know about specific things in people's lives without meeting and talking to them beforehand.

I was astounded and I was left thinking that the only explanation is that he uses stooges. I know that simply isn't true, though. It wouldn't even be possible.

I have no idea how he pulled off that whole segment where he knew all sorts of things about people. You only ever get those sorts of results when a psychic uses hot reading. And, again, that isn't possible for Derren to do on that sort of scale, even if he was dishonest enough to do that.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 08:46 PM »

I just wish he'd tell us how he can know about specific things in people's lives without meeting and talking to them beforehand. That's a different league to simply putting thoughts into people's heads.
I posted it as a possible explanation among several others, I did not intend to express how credible I felt it was. However, for the record, I don't think it would be particularly shocking if some human beings had such abilities, I would simply consider it as an advanced state of evolution.

I went to a psychic once, and there is no way she could have known the things she did.  Lots of personal things that no-one could just know.  I believe that some people are born with that gift.  A friend of mine had it..... she knew I was pregnant before I did - she also freaked out because she got the feeling that the foetus was bi-sexual - I was expecting boy/girl twins.  She also saw my other friend's husband's death before it was even confirmed.  She hated having the ability btw.  
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 08:48 PM »

I'm very open minded and I don't think it's right to be so sure that psychic abilities do not exist when you consider that some people evolve ahead of the rest of their specifies.

I do think that Derren being psychic is probably the least likely explanation but it is still a valid one to my mind based on the above thinking.
[ Last edit by Mark January 16, 2009, 08:52 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 08:50 PM »

I went to a psychic once, and there is no way she could have known the things she did.  Lots of personal things that no-one could just know.  I believe that some people are born with that gift.  A friend of mine had it..... she knew I was pregnant before I did - she also freakd out because she got the feeling that the foetus was bi-sexual - I was expecting boy/girl twins.  She also saw my other friend's husband's death before it was even confirmed.  She hated having the ability btw.  

Derren gives a more accurate reading than any psychic could hope to and he has no psychic abilities. That alone would be evidence enough for me to that "psychics" are the lowest of the low, profiting on others' grief and generally conning people out of money. I honestly can't stand them.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 08:51 PM »

She also saw my other friend's husband's death before it was even confirmed.

What do you mean "saw"?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 08:52 PM »

I'm very open minded and I don't think it's right to be so sure that psychic abilities do not exist when you consider that some people evolve ahead of the rest of their specifies.

I do think that Derren being psycic is probably the least likely explanation but it is still a valid one to my mind based on the above thinking.

No, it's not. The idea that he's a psychic that goes around debunking other psychics, while hiding his own ability, is not a valid explanation.

I'm going to have to leave the discussion, as I can imagine myself getting thoroughly pissed off.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 08:52 PM »

Derren gives a more accurate reading than any psychic could hope to and he has no psychic abilities. That alone would be evidence enough for me to that "psychics" are the lowest of the low, profiting on others' grief and generally conning people out of money. I honestly can't stand them.

Well..... like I say.... my friend absolutely hated 'seeing' the things she did.  She was an ordinary girl who did not profit from anything.  Shrug
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 08:53 PM »

No, it's not. The idea that he's a psychic that goes around debunking other psychics, while hiding his own ability, is not a valid explanation.
I have already given a reasonable explanation as to why he would want to pretend he was not psychic and I can also think of an explanation as why he would want to debunk those that say they are.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 08:55 PM »

I have already given a reasonable explanation as to why he would want to pretend he was not psychic and I can also think of an explanation as why he would want to debunk those that say they are.

He wants to pretend he's not psychic, yet he goes around flaunting his ability? Not the best way of hiding it.

Sure, that's a valid explanation.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 08:56 PM »

Well..... like I say.... my friend absolutely hated 'seeing' the things she did.  She was an ordinary girl who did not profit from anything.  Shrug

Like I said to Mark, I really shouldn't participate in this discussion. I'll rapidly lose the rag.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »