Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Derren Brown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Derren Brown

(Read 6708 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 09:22 PM »

Putting aside intelligence specifically... the main point I'm trying to make is if you are psychic then you have the ability to impress and entertain to an extremely high level. You can do those things without revealing your abililities by instead giving alternatives explanations for a few of your tricks and hiding them for the bigger ones, that is what Derren does currently. All of the above has one end result, lots of money.

I'll abandon the discussion now for the sake of my own sanity.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 09:22 PM »

I'll abandon the discussion now for the sake of my own sanity.
The Sunniii escape mechanism has kicked in Wink Good timing anyway, I'm off to the gym in a minute.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 09:25 PM »

The Sunniii escape mechanism has kicked in Wink Good timing anyway, I'm off to the gym in a minute.

I'll concede. Your argument that Derren is a psychic that hides his ability from the world, who also debunks psychics, is one I'm unable to counter.

The logic is bullet proof.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 09:26 PM »

I'll concede. Your argument that Derren is a psychic that hides his ability from the world, who also debunks psychics, is one I'm unable to counter.

The logic is bullet proof.
Ah sorry, I think you misunderstood my last rebuttal and that is my fault.

I wasn't saying Derren is psychic, I was just saying he hides the explanations for his bigger tricks, that was the only intended meaning behind including him in that post.

As I said earlier, I think the explanation that Derren is a psychic is probably the least likely. I'm arguing about a hypothetical scenario.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 07:33 PM »

Bear in mind (probably a point already been made) that the whole point is to make you wonder how he does it.....
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 07:38 PM »

Bear in mind (probably a point already been made) that the whole point is to make you wonder how he does it.....

No **** Sherlock!  Wink
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 07:39 PM »

No sh*t Sherlock!  Wink

Always loved that expression
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 08:48 PM »

Anyone who feels it necessary to change their name from Darren to Derren to aid their career is a tw*t...

That is all
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 08:50 PM »

Not really, Derren looks and sounds so much better than Darren.
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 08:52 PM »

Not really, Derren looks and sounds so much better than Darren.

You've been sucked in by his mind tricks...  Derren isn't even a real name - it's Flemish for pillock
IP Logged
Sunniii
Futures Level

Rocket Ronnie- LEGEND

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #55 on: January 18, 2009, 08:53 PM »

Ive never understood changing names. Did anyone by the way see the Aussie BMZ rider at the olympics. He changed his name to Kamakazi. No 1st name or nothing he was just called Kamakazi. Google it see if you can fing anything, what a wierdo... Kamakazi??
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 08:54 PM »

You've been sucked in by his mind tricks...  Derren isn't even a real name - it's Flemish for pillock
Everything is a name if you want it to be... Names are so important when trying to become famous, I don't think he did anything unusual for someone in his position.
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 09:16 PM »

Everything is a name if you want it to be... Names are so important when trying to become famous, I don't think he did anything unusual for someone in his position.

He changed his name after he became famous...  I agree anything is a name if you want it to be, but it doesn't stop hims being a tw*t - although not on the same scale as David Wotsisface in the glass box.  Get a proper job the pair of you!!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #58 on: January 18, 2009, 09:17 PM »

He changed his name after he became famous...  I agree anything is a name if you want it to be, but it doesn't stop hims being a tw*t - although not on the same scale as David Wotsisface in the glass box.  Get a proper job the pair of you!!

lol  
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #59 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31 PM »

I don't understand how you can call him a twat, he appears to be a very honest, respectful and polite person.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »