Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Derren Brown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Derren Brown

(Read 7091 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #210 on: September 28, 2009, 01:55 PM »

OK well I think Derren did the adverts to backup the suggestion he was doing in the show. I certainly don't think it was the main reason behind the public drawing what he wanted but I think it helped.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #211 on: September 28, 2009, 02:00 PM »

OK well I think Derren did the adverts to backup the suggestion he was doing in the show. I certainly don't think it was the main reason behind the public drawing what he wanted but I think it helped.

It was misdirection. It's similar to the end of his stage show, Something Wicked This Way Comes. And that trick was mindblowing. Never seen anything quite like it.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #212 on: September 28, 2009, 02:02 PM »

I think it was pretty obvious to most people watching that he was doing suggestion throughout the show, no point trying to pretend it was based on the newspaper adverts alone. I'd like to see the adverts for myself but for the moment I think it played a genuine role in backing up his suggestion in the show.

Just found this btw lol

Brown fan 'was stuck in chair all night'

A fan of TV illusionist Derren Brown has claimed that he was left immobilised for 12 hours after watching one of his recent shows.

Brown attempted to keep viewers stuck to their seats by playing a special video in his Channel 4 programme How To Control The Nation earlier this month. At the end of the stunt, he played another tape which was designed to free anybody who was unable to move.

Johnathan Whitfeld, 26, has now told the Daily Star Sunday that only the first video worked on him, leaving him motionless all night. His partner Katie Dunn, 23, was out with friends while the 9pm programme was broadcast and reportedly went to bed assuming that Whitfield was joking when she returned home and spotted him sitting transfixed by the screen.

Revealing what happened the next morning, Dunn explained: "He was just saying, 'I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I need the loo'. I didn't have a clue what to do so I texted a friend who I knew had watched it.

"She said Derren played a video at the end to free people. Luckily, Johnathan had also recorded the show so I found it, played it and he managed to get to his feet."

Whitfield added: "It was dreadful. I can see the funny side of it now but at the time I wanted to sue him.

"I needed the toilet and was in agony for hours but I just couldn't get out of the chair. I've never been hypnotised before but I imagine that's exactly what it felt like."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/a179443/brown-fan-was-stuck-in-chair-all-night.html
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #213 on: September 28, 2009, 02:05 PM »

I think it was pretty obvious to most people watching that he was doing suggestion throughout the show, no point trying to pretend it was based on the newspaper adverts alone. I'd like to see the adverts for myself but for the moment I think it played a genuine role in backing up his suggestion in the show.

Just found this btw lol

Brown fan 'was stuck in chair all night'

A fan of TV illusionist Derren Brown has claimed that he was left immobilised for 12 hours after watching one of his recent shows.

Brown attempted to keep viewers stuck to their seats by playing a special video in his Channel 4 programme How To Control The Nation earlier this month. At the end of the stunt, he played another tape which was designed to free anybody who was unable to move.

Johnathan Whitfeld, 26, has now told the Daily Star Sunday that only the first video worked on him, leaving him motionless all night. His partner Katie Dunn, 23, was out with friends while the 9pm programme was broadcast and reportedly went to bed assuming that Whitfield was joking when she returned home and spotted him sitting transfixed by the screen.

Revealing what happened the next morning, Dunn explained: "He was just saying, 'I'm stuck, I'm stuck, I need the loo'. I didn't have a clue what to do so I texted a friend who I knew had watched it.

"She said Derren played a video at the end to free people. Luckily, Johnathan had also recorded the show so I found it, played it and he managed to get to his feet."

Whitfield added: "It was dreadful. I can see the funny side of it now but at the time I wanted to sue him.

"I needed the toilet and was in agony for hours but I just couldn't get out of the chair. I've never been hypnotised before but I imagine that's exactly what it felt like."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/a179443/brown-fan-was-stuck-in-chair-all-night.html

lmao
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #214 on: September 28, 2009, 02:10 PM »

Just downloading his stage shows again. Hoping I've got the extended DVD version of them.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #215 on: September 28, 2009, 02:14 PM »

I can't find any pictures of the newspaper adverts but people have seen them and say they said "DRAW CONCENTRIC CIRCLES".

BTW, here's one of his suggestion tricks on the show, this was the girls' eyes close up:

* 32396837.png (198.64 KB, 552x371 - viewed 102 times.)
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #216 on: September 28, 2009, 02:30 PM »

BTW, here's one of his suggestion tricks on the show, this was the girls' eyes close up:

That's what I said earlier.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #217 on: September 28, 2009, 03:43 PM »

That's what I said earlier.
Sorry , missed that.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #218 on: September 28, 2009, 04:28 PM »

I can't find any pictures of the newspaper adverts but people have seen them and say they said "DRAW CONCENTRIC CIRCLES".

Yeah definately and I think most of the adverts were planned since they were very circular. I was making notes....
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #219 on: September 28, 2009, 04:33 PM »

I get about the subconcious concentric circles thing and I think most people doodle circles, but what I find odd is how some of the people there actually drew Stonehenge, not something that looks like Stonehenge but literally stone henge...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #220 on: October 02, 2009, 09:21 PM »

Watching this tonight.  It's becoming more and more obvious how he does what he does by the power of suggestion.  Think he's milked it too much by having weekly progs...   Shame he's gay mind.... he's very cute.....   Wink
[ Last edit by Elly October 02, 2009, 09:26 PM ] IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #221 on: October 02, 2009, 10:02 PM »

Omg, I just did a drama presentation on using dodgy lighting....
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #222 on: October 02, 2009, 11:00 PM »

Watching this tonight.  It's becoming more and more obvious how he does what he does by the power of suggestion.  Think he's milked it too much by having weekly progs...   Shame he's gay mind.... he's very cute.....   Wink

What do you mean? He's had 3 different weekly series' (not including this one). He states explicitly that he uses suggestion, so I'm not sure what you mean. The only suggestion he used tonight was during the pre-recorded part and, I suppose, the part where he hypnotised the guy. Everything else was just genius. Incredible.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #223 on: October 02, 2009, 11:01 PM »

That guy must be so gutted, if I were him I would be feeling certain that I would have £180 by the end of that. Interesting to see Derren get it wrong for once. I'm sure they'll be people saying he deliberately got it wrong to make it look more realistic but if he's going to get the lottery right, then don't see why he would not try and get this right too.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Derren Brown « Reply #224 on: October 02, 2009, 11:05 PM »

That guy must be so gutted, if I were him I would be feeling certain that I would have £180 by the end of that. Interesting to see Derren get it wrong for once. I'm sure they'll be people saying he deliberately got it wrong to make it look more realistic but if he's going to get the lottery right, then don't see why he would not try and get this right too.

This appeared genuine. You can't fake what he did on the squash court.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »