Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Do you agree with homework? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

Do you agree with homework?

(Read 1454 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #75 on: February 28, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Oh I so remember Mark pulling the same GIF on Joe twice possibly on the same week. Joe was highly offended by it. It was a year ago but still. Mark should talk. lol
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #76 on: July 13, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Back in time, we go. A very belated goodbye to the teachers who committed this heinous crime that led to the creation of this thread many months ago. I'm in college now and I still don't agree with homework.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #77 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25 PM »

If you hate academics so much, just drop out.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #78 on: July 13, 2013, 02:26 PM »

If you hate academics so much, just drop out.

My future is important, I'm not dropping out.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #79 on: July 14, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Yes your future is important Connor. The job scene is very difficult even people with good degrees are finding it hard to get good jobs. It has taken my daughter 7 years to get her qualifications she did it the hard way. An ND then HNC the 4 years at university. She is applying for jobs now and has 2 interviews in the next few weeks. So stick in its a grind but if you want a good job that's what you have to do.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #80 on: July 14, 2013, 04:03 PM »

Sad that today's qualifications are deemed less worthy than in previous years.
Weird that better education tends for more people to pass their relevant exams but then they are accused of passing because exams are being dumming down, like I said, weird.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #81 on: July 14, 2013, 04:09 PM »

My daughter has just finished her social work degree at Dundee University. Far from being easy she had to work very hard to gain her qualifications I assure you she deserved them done by hard work.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Do you agree with homework? « Reply #82 on: July 14, 2013, 04:25 PM »

The thing is, we've allowed education/academics to become a stepping stone for employment. Of course, with certain degrees such as medicine and law, the coursework you do *is* relevant to a job/field, but education used to be about bettering yourself/your mind. Much of what is taught is not nearly as valuable as what you would learn working in the field immediately.

I'm all for free education for whoever wants it; I just think it's been sold to young people as a necessary requirement for any job, when it really shouldn't be.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »