Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 11305 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #225 on: March 16, 2011, 07:34 PM »

A lot of people say a dog is just a dog.  They bring happiness to the house and when they go they are very much missed.  I am dreading it my two cairns are 14 and 15. The **** is 15 and sleeps most of the day her eyes are bad I think she is blind but not in any pain.  My dog is 14 and looks just like an old man he has white whiskers and eyebrows and is an old grump and wont move for anybody (you have to walk around him)
I am hoping when they go that it will be in their sleep.  And they can speak but just in a different way
Heather is 15 and Cuillin is 14 he is named after the black cuillins of Sky.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #226 on: March 16, 2011, 07:38 PM »

Our two dogs were 16 and 14 and while you might say "well, they had a good run", it is still very hard.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Dogs « Reply #227 on: March 16, 2011, 07:38 PM »

A lot of people say a dog is just a dog.  They bring happiness to the house and when they go they are very much missed.  I am dreading it my two cairns are 14 and 15. The **** is 15 and sleeps most of the day her eyes are bad I think she is blind but not in any pain.  My dog is 14 and looks just like an old man he has white whiskers and eyebrows and is an old grump and wont move for anybody (you have to walk around him)
I am hoping when they go that it will be in their sleep.  And they can speak but just in a different way
Heather is 15 and Cuillin is 14 he is named after the black cuillins of Sky.
Another living thing in your house will always make the biggest difference.  However if and when they go, you are stil here.... hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Dogs « Reply #228 on: March 17, 2011, 10:05 AM »

And sadly our two elder dogs paid their last visits to the vet within the space of a few days, 10 days ago.  The younger of the two had dementia and just went to pieces when her older companion left.  It is and was horrible.
Awww Daisy, I'm so sorry! My own two, Boy and Yum Yum [brother and sister] are 15 now........and I just can't stand the thought of losing them!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #229 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22 AM »

Awww Daisy, I'm so sorry! My own two, Boy and Yum Yum [brother and sister] are 15 now........and I just can't stand the thought of losing them!

I'm getting teary eyed just thinking of your two!  We all wish they would just sleep away, and sadly, it seldom happens that way.  btw, love the names for your two!  What breed are they?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #230 on: March 17, 2011, 10:33 AM »

7/8ths Border Collie & 1/8th German Shepherd.........very smart! We got their mother Lady from a rescue center! They were born under our stairs!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #231 on: March 20, 2011, 02:34 PM »

We previously had a German Shepherd, 'Caesar', my beautiful boy. Though he lived until he was almost 16, he had health problems all his life. When he died, he left such a big empty hole in our lives, that we decided to get another dog. We couldn't face getting another German Shepherd as Caesar could never be replaced, so, decided to rescue a little dog instead. We rescued Lady, a 10 week old BCxGSD, or rather, Lady rescued us. She was 3/4 BC by 1/4 GSD. We found out by accident that she loved to jump, so we joined an Agility club. Lady was a 'star', and took us to Crufts several times, doing both Agility and Flyball. She changed our whole way of life. She died 3 years ago and broke our hearts all over again. Still, she left us a legacy.....Boy and Yum Yum, who were also Agility dogs, as were their their two other sisters and brother.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #232 on: March 20, 2011, 05:45 PM »

So, do they look like Border Collies? ( I meant to get back to this but got sidetracked)  What a great sport Agility is ... and what fun the dogs have.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #233 on: March 21, 2011, 04:15 PM »

Yes, three of the five you couldn't tell they were crossbred at all. We had two black and white and three tri colour. Their dad was a magnificent red and white pedigree BC. His ancestors were champions in the showring as well as obedience. He was the first Agility dog in his line though. We ended up keeping four of the five puppies.....not all in the same house I hasten to add and the one we sold went to another Agility family, so we saw him at all the shows. That was how Lady changed our lives completely. It gave us the chance to spend almost every weekend in the summer with our grown up daughters and their partners sharing a common interest we all loved. Not many parents get the chance to do that. The dogs loved it too!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #234 on: March 21, 2011, 04:16 PM »

Will you get another dog Daisy!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #235 on: March 21, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Yes, three of the five you couldn't tell they were crossbred at all. We had two black and white and three tri colour. Their dad was a magnificent red and white pedigree BC. His ancestors were champions in the showring as well as obedience. He was the first Agility dog in his line though. We ended up keeping four of the five puppies.....not all in the same house I hasten to add and the one we sold went to another Agility family, so we saw him at all the shows. That was how Lady changed our lives completely. It gave us the chance to spend almost every weekend in the summer with our grown up daughters and their partners sharing a common interest we all loved. Not many parents get the chance to do that. The dogs loved it too!

I just love dogz .... and they are the greatest fun, especially if they are intelligent which agility dogs are!

I do have another doggie ... he's a Shih Tzu and is 7 - he has taken to looking for the Seniors in the last couple of days ... oh my.  I shall be glad when we move!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #236 on: March 21, 2011, 06:17 PM »

I just love dogz .... and they are the greatest fun, especially if they are intelligent which agility dogs are!

I do have another doggie ... he's a Shih Tzu and is 7 - he has taken to looking for the Seniors in the last couple of days ... oh my.  I shall be glad when we move!
How's the restoration coming on? Will you be moving soon? I love Shih Tzus......sweet and cuddly! Yes, he will miss the others. Still, he has you!
[ Last edit by Caz March 21, 2011, 06:23 PM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #237 on: March 21, 2011, 06:21 PM »

How's the restoration coming on? Will you be moving soon? I love Shih Tzus......sweet and cuddly!

It's coming VERY slowly.  Am stuck on tradesmen's waiting lists.  Although. today, the joiner is swapping out doors ... got 10 done and almost another 10 to go!!  A little progress.  Also, the fireplace was removed today - it went off down the road!  Yay ..

My doglet is a fiesty wee thing ... he thinks he's a mountain lion!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #238 on: March 21, 2011, 06:27 PM »

It must be very frustrating, but, it'll all be worth it in the end!.....All those doors....oh my!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #239 on: March 21, 2011, 06:34 PM »

Hey...good luck with that Daisy........new beginnings!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »