Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 40 Go Down Reply
Author

Dogs

(Read 13955 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #240 on: March 21, 2011, 06:43 PM »

Hey...good luck with that Daisy........new beginnings!

Yes, it'll be great.  We've done all this before, so no real surprises - just need meticulous planning and lots of patience !!
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: Dogs « Reply #241 on: April 18, 2011, 11:48 AM »

Our two dogs were 16 and 14 and while you might say "well, they had a good run", it is still very hard.
Frown So sorry to read this, Daisy. It is really difficult to come to terms with. Stay strong xx
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #242 on: April 18, 2011, 12:27 PM »

It is very hard when you lose a much loved pet.  My cairn ***** Heather died on Saturday.
She slept away for which I was very thankfull for.  We buried her in the garden as we wished
because she was much loved.  My male cairn is wandering around the house looking for her.
My grandson who is three can't understand ank keeps asking were she is.  We tell him that the
angels have taken her but it's hard for him to understand.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Dogs « Reply #243 on: April 18, 2011, 01:05 PM »

It is very hard when you lose a much loved pet.  My cairn ***** Heather died on Saturday.
She slept away for which I was very thankfull for.  We buried her in the garden as we wished
because she was much loved.  My male cairn is wandering around the house looking for her.
My grandson who is three can't understand ank keeps asking were she is.  We tell him that the
Awwww I'm so sorry! My own two, Boy and Yum Yum are 15 and a half and I just dread losing them. We've had them since birth!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #244 on: April 18, 2011, 03:51 PM »

We lost our beloved rescue collie cross Leo 13 months ago. We were so heart-broken that we said we would never replace him, we now have our freedom, no more dog hairs etc etc. When I see other lovely dogs out and about, I'm sorely tempted to go back to the rescue centre but I'm not sure that it would be the same with another dog because he was so special. He was our one and only experience of having a pet in the house. We got him for the kids then they grew up, left home and Leo became "our baby".
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #245 on: April 18, 2011, 04:11 PM »

Frown So sorry to read this, Daisy. It is really difficult to come to terms with. Stay strong xx

I know ... and thank you  hug  I keep looking for them Frown  We are about to take about 20 primrose plants from our current garden and plant them on top of their graves - and the really nice thing (for us) is that they are buried beside their other family members.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #246 on: April 18, 2011, 04:12 PM »

Awhh ... poor you.  But, at least your doggie just slept away - everyone wishes for that.   hug
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Re: Dogs « Reply #247 on: April 19, 2011, 10:30 AM »

We lost our beloved rescue collie cross Leo 13 months ago. We were so heart-broken that we said we would never replace him, we now have our freedom, no more dog hairs etc etc. When I see other lovely dogs out and about, I'm sorely tempted to go back to the rescue centre but I'm not sure that it would be the same with another dog because he was so special. He was our one and only experience of having a pet in the house. We got him for the kids then they grew up, left home and Leo became "our baby".
I felt like that about my first dog, but he gave me so much love and pleasure that I only lasted 4 months "dogless". He's completely different from the first one, but equally loved ( I suppose it's like children, you can love each of them, just differently. yes )

Then after my Mum died and I no longer had to spend long periods of time away from home, I got another puppy. He's the love of my life and completely adorable. He's also called "Raffa" so you can see where he gets his "awwwwww" factor from!

Littlebuddha    hug   big {{{hugz}}} for you, though I am pleased you didn't have to make the awful decision to have her put down. It still leaves a gaping hole in your life.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dogs « Reply #248 on: April 20, 2011, 12:06 PM »

hug  It is very hard - they are part of the family too. 
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #249 on: April 20, 2011, 02:49 PM »

hug  It is very hard - they are part of the family too. 
I lost Kizzie a Parsons Jack Russell in August, she was 19 and a half. She was a real character. When we went to a racing stable she would just sit and let the race horses come right over to her and eat the grass near her. Still greatly missed.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dogs « Reply #250 on: April 21, 2011, 11:30 AM »

19 1/2 for a dog.  What a wonderful age to get to.  One of our cats was 18 1/2 when he died.  Sadly we'd already moved to NZ and he was too old to travel with us but we'd left him with family friends that loved him as much as we did.  We said that we weren't going to have any more pets when we moved here.  It was too heartbreaking when they died.  Here we are 5 years later with 2 cats confused
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #251 on: April 26, 2011, 11:37 AM »

Hey guys those of you who believe in prayer.......please say one for my dog Yum Yum.........she was admitted to hospital yesterday as an emergency after being misdiagnosed twice last week by our [now ex] vet! She has 'Pyometra' and must undergo a hysterectomy today! She's 15 and a half years old! I'm out of my head with worry!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #252 on: April 26, 2011, 03:45 PM »

Hey guys those of you who believe in prayer.......please say one for my dog Yum Yum.........she was admitted to hospital yesterday as an emergency after being misdiagnosed twice last week by our [now ex] vet! She has 'Pyometra' and must undergo a hysterectomy today! She's 15 and a half years old! I'm out of my head with worry!

Oh Caz ... that is just awful for your dog to have to undergo that type of surgery at her age.  I'll certainly hold a good thought for you and the doggie too.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #253 on: April 26, 2011, 04:24 PM »

Oh Caz ... that is just awful for your dog to have to undergo that type of surgery at her age.  I'll certainly hold a good thought for you and the doggie too.
Thanks Daisy! We heard an hour ago she came through the op ok though they found a mammary tumour which they've removed as well [poor baby] so, that's the first hurdle!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #254 on: April 26, 2011, 04:36 PM »

Thanks Daisy! We heard an hour ago she came through the op ok though they found a mammary tumour which they've removed as well [poor baby] so, that's the first hurdle!

I think mammary tumours are fairly common - especially in older dogs.

Well, you'll just have to get ready to take her home and give her a lot of loving  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 40 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »