Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 40 Go Down Reply
Author

Dogs

(Read 14007 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Dogs « Reply #300 on: May 10, 2013, 03:22 PM »

Great pic. Unfortunately not allowed a dog in my house. My mum worries too much.
Awww......just keep nagging her Prod......Wear her down! It used to work for my kids!  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #301 on: May 10, 2013, 03:26 PM »

Nice pic, Dani. For a sec, I thought you posted Maggie's pic. Smile

Not allowed a dog too. Mum allergic to pets. Frown
That's the pits Sabine. Maybe a poodle would work......They don't shed hair!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Dogs « Reply #302 on: May 10, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Awww.......that's great that you managed to get Benny and Pacey to be friends. I wonder if maybe some dog scared Benny in the past.

Y'know,Caz,I don't know!It's a good point actually-I've never really thought about it.Just accepted that he was scared of dogs so Pacey couldn't be running round the place while he was over.But for some reason he really wanted just to see him,and things sort-of progressed from there.It amazed me,really,to see Pacey being so gentle and patient with him-as a very energetic,boisterous young dog,he's normally the opposite!But he was really,really good with him,and it was so sweet to see the delight on Benny's face Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #303 on: May 10, 2013, 05:57 PM »

It's amazing how intuitive dogs are when kids are around.  I was really worried last year when our daughter came to stay with her 3 year old and 18 month old - our labs were just 18 months and 6 months at the time and very boisterous.  Her children are just not used to dogs but the pups were just amazing  Not once did they jump up and they didn't bat an eyelid when little fingers went in their eyes and ears.  Quite astonishing!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Dogs « Reply #304 on: May 10, 2013, 05:59 PM »

That's the pits Sabine. Maybe a poodle would work......They don't shed hair!

I wish it would, but not too sure. She works late hours and it would be very difficult to take care of one.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #305 on: May 11, 2013, 07:50 PM »

Nightmare! The cat and dog home phoned us at noon today. After 3 weeks of her being missing 'Susie's' owners came in looking for her They're Polish with little English and had apparently been looking for her but had only just been told about the cat and dog home.

In the agreement you sign when you take a dog from there on, you promise to take the dog back if the previous owners appear within 31 days of you getting the dog home

So we had to take her back. Heartbroken and miserable Frown
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Dogs « Reply #306 on: May 11, 2013, 09:04 PM »

Nightmare! The cat and dog home phoned us at noon today. After 3 weeks of her being missing 'Susie's' owners came in looking for her They're Polish with little English and had apparently been looking for her but had only just been told about the cat and dog home.

In the agreement you sign when you take a dog from there on, you promise to take the dog back if the previous owners appear within 31 days of you getting the dog home

That's sad, so it's not only our workforce they are taking from our grasp.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Dogs « Reply #307 on: May 11, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Oh Hazy,I'm SO sorry to hear that hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #308 on: May 12, 2013, 06:52 AM »

Well, that's rotten luck Hazel. The people at the dog home really ought to have told you that there was a quite a large possibility that this could happen. Especially since it was obvious she hadn't been abandoned and had been trained and well cared for! Well there's only one way to mend your broken heart.......get another one asap! A puppy would be a safer bet and there are plenty of those handed into dog homes. Good luck, whatever you decide!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #309 on: May 12, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Well, that's rotten luck Hazel. The people at the dog home really ought to have told you that there was a quite a large possibility that this could happen. Especially since it was obvious she hadn't been abandoned and had been trained and well cared for! Well there's only one way to mend your broken heart.......get another one asap! A puppy would be a safer bet and there are plenty of those handed into dog homes. Good luck, whatever you decide!

This was the first time any of the staff or the manager could remember this happening- they were obviously shocked and so sympathetic. Pretty much if a dogs been unclaimed for 2 weeks she's unlikely to be reclaimed...unfortunately for us we were the exception.
The couple had gone in yesterday and then stayed around over 3 hours until we brought her in. We saw their reaction before we were moved to a different room to do the paperwork and say goodbye to her, they were obviously overjoyed Frown
We're going to keep looking and my dads wondering about a puppy because then you know their yours- but heartsore just now
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Dogs « Reply #310 on: May 12, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Aww - that's such a shame.  I used to foster cats for the Cats Protection League, but found it too hard to give them back - in fact, I ended up keeping one. 

I'm not really a doggie person - I'm very wary of them.  However, I have a friend whose dog I adore.  She's the biggest Diva out (the dog - not my friend).  I swear this dog flirts outrageously with men.  So funny to watch.  Very Happy

Hope your heart mends soon, Hazel.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Dogs « Reply #311 on: May 13, 2013, 04:44 PM »

This is a really tragic thing which happened yesterday, in fact today. It's a really long story but I'll make it as short as possible.

My neighbour is a psychiatric patient. After partying, she came home and had an anxiety attack when her children didnt open the door for 30 minutes since they were fast asleep. She didnt have a key. This happened around 1 am. When they opened the door, she came in completely unstable and furious and threw the dog which they rescued a month ago out of the balcony of their house which is in the 10th floor of my apartment. The dog, Sandy obviously died on the spot. I was woken up by a call from my mom who was still in the party asking me to go and wake some other residents to help her out.

The dog fell in the bushes and did suffer external injuries. Not many know the actual story. People they that the dog 'fell' out of the balcony. They obviously want to cover up the lady's actions. It is just so sad.
[ Last edit by Sabine May 13, 2013, 04:48 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #312 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50 PM »

This is a really tragic thing which happened yesterday, in fact today. It's a really long story but I'll make it as short as possible.

My neighbour is a psychiatric patient. After partying, she came home and had an anxiety attack when her children didnt open the door for 30 minutes since they were fast asleep. She didnt have a key. This happened around 1 am. When they opened the door, she came in completely unstable and furious and threw the dog which they rescued a month ago out of the balcony of their house which is in the 10th floor of my apartment. The dog, Sandy obviously died on the spot. I was woken up by a call from my mom who was still in the party asking me to go and wake some other residents to help her out.

The dog fell in the bushes and did suffer external injuries. Not many know the actual story. People they that the dog 'fell' out of the balcony. They obviously want to cover up the lady's actions. It is just so sad.

Hope social work are removing the kids because if she's that unstable it could have easily been one of the kids she hurt!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #313 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56 PM »

I did'nt know this could happen I toyed with the idea of taking on a rescue dog last year I'm now very glad I did'nt and went for a puppy instead At least you know with a pup that any bad habits they acquire are your fault and not its previous owners
 What a terrible experience for you
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Dogs « Reply #314 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Hope social work are removing the kids because if she's that unstable it could have easily been one of the kids she hurt!

Yeah, very true. She is quite unstable. I remember once that she had told me she felt so miserable she felt like jumping out of the window! I swear, it was me who got a panic attack there. She is capable of doing anything. She can be very normal and suddenly act weirdly. She is under medication but it would be better if she was in a hospital.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 40 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »