Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Dogs

(Read 12466 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #360 on: June 04, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Thank you Caz Cuillin is 16 years old and we loved him at first site he was the runt of the litter so small and helpless. He turned into a wee cracker and has never been ill so I am taking it hard but I am doing the right thing I dont want him to suffer. He is sleeping just now taking him to the vet this afternoon.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #361 on: June 04, 2013, 12:02 PM »

The pain you are feeling LB is the price we pay for the joy our pets have given us throughout their short lives. I firmly believe that when my turn comes I will find my 7 dogs  and 6 cats waiting for me
I wish, that when I can no longer cope someone will  allow me to slip away just like you have done for Cuillin
 Try to remember the happy times and be thankful
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Dogs « Reply #362 on: June 04, 2013, 02:31 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear that, Margaret... hug

So sorry sweetie.....Just remember,  the last act of love you can do for him, is to let him go. I've been through it four times, so I know how you feel. and I'm crying even as I write this at the memory. I can tell you this though, he will go on to a better place and you will see him again one day!  hug

I cried when I read this, Caz. Frown
It must have been really hard for you. hug
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #363 on: June 04, 2013, 04:20 PM »

I want to thank you all for your posts. Cuillin was put to sleep a little while ago we have buried him in the garden. It was very peaceful and he went to sleep the vet was very kind he has know Cuillin since he was a puppy he was 16.1/2 years old. He is beside my female cairn Heather she was 15 but died in her sleep. But I do admit he was so very special to me he was an old grump and so full of character. I know he has gone to a better place and we will meet again at some future date.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #364 on: June 04, 2013, 05:40 PM »

It is hard decision but when we have to make it we know it's the right one. He was loved and cherished and died with you close. I still miss Kizzie who was a Parsons Jack Russell and was a real character. The vet came to the house and she was put to sleep in my arms, she was 19 and a half so had a long and happy life, as I know Cuillin had with you.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #365 on: June 04, 2013, 06:55 PM »

I want to thank you all for your posts. Cuillin was put to sleep a little while ago we have buried him in the garden. It was very peaceful and he went to sleep the vet was very kind he has know Cuillin since he was a puppy he was 16.1/2 years old. He is beside my female cairn Heather she was 15 but died in her sleep. But I do admit he was so very special to me he was an old grump and so full of character. I know he has gone to a better place and we will meet again at some future date.

hug
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #366 on: June 05, 2013, 06:21 AM »

I am so sorry Caz and know what you are going through having lost a few dogs, cats and horses.  The worst was when our rescue black lab. who was deaf in one ear just ran into a car for seemingly no reason and caused brain damage.  They all remain in our hearts for ever.  Thinking of you.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Dogs « Reply #367 on: June 05, 2013, 01:20 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear that, Margaret... hug

I cried when I read this, Caz. Frown
It must have been really hard for you. hug
Awww........ hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #368 on: June 05, 2013, 01:29 PM »

I am so sorry Caz and know what you are going through having lost a few dogs, cats and horses.  The worst was when our rescue black lab. who was deaf in one ear just ran into a car for seemingly no reason and caused brain damage.  They all remain in our hearts for ever.  Thinking of you.
Thanks for the kind words Tamila. It's over a year now since my 'Boy' died and we also lost Yum Yum just 3 months before, and it broke my heart, so when I heard that Margaret [LB] had to have her wee dog put to sleep yesterday, it brought it all back. I'm so sorry to hear about your Lab. too! At least my dogs were old.....both 16, but it must be so much harder when they're young!  Frown
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dogs « Reply #369 on: June 06, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Hazel.. Tara is a beauty.

Margaret... So very sorry about your dear Cullin.

Our pets bring us so much joy. Our Benji is so much a part of our family.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #370 on: June 09, 2013, 11:00 AM »

This is for Margaret and everyone who has had to have a much loved pet put to sleep. It's a poem by an unknown author.  I'm sorry I don't know how to post in the correct format, but if it helps others as it's helped me, then I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's called 'If It Should Be'.          If it should be that I grow frail and weak.....And pain does keep me from my sleep.......Then you will do what must be done.......For this last battle can't be won......You will be sad I understand.....But don't let grief then stay your hand.....For on this day, more than the rest......Your love and friendship must stand the test.....We have had so many happy years.....You wouldn't want me to suffer so......When the time comes, please let me go.....Take me to where my needs they'll tend.....Only stay with me until the end.....And hold me firm and speak to me.....Until my eyes no longer see.....I know in time you will agree.....It's a kindness you have done for me.....Although my tail it's last has waved.....From pain and suffering I've been saved.....Don't grieve that it must now be you.....Who must decide this thing to do.....We've been so close, we two these years.....Don't let your heart hold any tears.....For though you may be filled with sorrow.....We'll meet again some fine tomorrow.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #371 on: June 09, 2013, 11:07 AM »

My post was meant for Margaret as well but I was not sure who had lost a loved one recently.  The poem is so beautiful and having read it on the other website for Arabian Horse lovers I cried all over again when I read it on here.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #372 on: June 09, 2013, 12:09 PM »

My post was meant for Margaret as well but I was not sure who had lost a loved one recently.  The poem is so beautiful and having read it on the other website for Arabian Horse lovers I cried all over again when I read it on here.
I'd guessed that Tamila, but I'm sure Margaret knew it was for her and appreciated it just the same!  yes
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #373 on: June 09, 2013, 01:14 PM »

Yes I did thanks Tamila and Caz. We loved Cuillin dearly. This house has always had cairn terriers, I have had some in my parents home. We even took our cairn Hamish with us when we went to Australia. My home has never been without cairns and now Cuillin is dead we will not have any more. My husband and myself are getting to old to look after a dog now. I have two beautiful Siamese cats Jerry is a chocolate point who is 12 years old and Sacha my seal point who is about 18 months old. They are both beautiful, Sacha being darker has the most beautiful blue eyes and is full of mischief. My daughter has two cairns and they come to visit a lot so I still have contact with the breed that I love so much.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dogs « Reply #374 on: February 20, 2014, 03:50 AM »

So we came back from being away for 3 weeks to find our beautiful, slobbering, constantly shedding, unconditionally loving Benji-Boy all quiet and skinny.
We thought it was because he was depressed about missing us.
After a few days of giving him tons of love and attention, he still wouldn't eat.

Long story short... he has kidney failure.

He's currently in hospital on an IV and a ****-load of meds.

We're trying to find out how bad it is.

We love him.

Here's him chilling in the August '13 sun, and him and my son routing around in nature.

* 032.JPG (730.9 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 6 times.)

* 040.JPG (724.59 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 6 times.)
[ Last edit by scotnadian February 20, 2014, 03:56 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »