Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 11446 times)
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #345 on: May 26, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Yes she looks lovely and healthy I'll bet she'll be good at running after and fetching balls
 She's a very lucky dog to have found you
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Dogs « Reply #346 on: May 27, 2013, 07:11 PM »

How's Janha doing Hazel, now she's had a full day and night?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #347 on: May 27, 2013, 07:53 PM »

How's Janha doing Hazel, now she's had a full day and night?

Doing quite well. Howls a bit when anyone goes out but does settle again Smile She's such a friendly and happy wee soul though Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #348 on: May 28, 2013, 09:34 AM »

Awww.......she's bound to miss her old mummy for a little while, and probably worries that whenever anyone goes out, that they're not coming back, but once she gets used to the comings and goings and realises she's not being abandoned again, she'll soon settle down.   Very Happy
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #349 on: May 28, 2013, 12:49 PM »

I agree with Caz Jannah needs a place of safety of her own where noone disturbs her so she can look at the way these strange people behave then lots and lots of love and praise until she realises that she is truly welcome in her new home and will not be booted out again   This will take time and patience
  The second stage might be rebellion just to see how much naughtiness these new people will tolerate and again love and patience will be needed Then she will realise that she really can begin to trust her humans and be a normal dog
  Its taken a year to settle our Bonnie and she still slips backward from time to time
but its worth it in the end   
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #350 on: May 29, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Tara is settling really well and is such a happy dog Very Happy

* 2013-05-26 12.02.19.jpg (762.57 KB, 1728x2592 - viewed 30 times.)

* 2013-05-29 13.01.38.jpg (682.13 KB, 2592x1728 - viewed 34 times.)
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Dogs « Reply #351 on: May 29, 2013, 08:48 PM »

Ohh,she's so gorgeous Hazy!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #352 on: May 30, 2013, 07:26 AM »

Great pics Hazel. Is she wearing two collars?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #353 on: May 30, 2013, 09:48 AM »

Great pics Hazel. Is she wearing two collars?

Yeah she's currently got a pheromone collar which should help comfort her and give her some extra reassurance for the first few weeks Smile
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #354 on: May 30, 2013, 04:16 PM »

Wow  Janha has surely fallen on all 4 paws She's living in luxury! Never heard of a pheromone collar and what a lovely bed You won't have time for tennis once Andy resumes playing you'll be on dog walking/playing duty  Enjoy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #355 on: June 04, 2013, 09:14 AM »

Some sad news, my old cairn terrier who is 16 years old will have to be put to sleep he can't stand his back legs have gone and he is not eating. So the kind thing for me to do is to put him to sleep. I am very sad we have had him since he was a pup. He was the runt of the litter and had plenty of spunk and is loved dearly. I will have to phone the vet this morning. My grandson is very fond of him, because he is so old he did not like being lifted that's cairns for you as he got older he got grumpier and he let us know it full of spirit. We are all going to miss him. Sleep in peace Cuillin.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Dogs « Reply #356 on: June 04, 2013, 09:15 AM »

Some sad news, my old cairn terrier who is 16 years old will have to be put to sleep he can't stand his back legs have gone and he is not eating. So the kind thing for me to do is to put him to sleep. I am very sad we have had him since he was a pup. He was the runt of the litter and had plenty of spunk and is loved dearly. I will have to phone the vet this morning. My grandson is very fond of him, because he is so old he did not like being lifted that's cairns for you as he got older he got grumpier and he let us know it full of spirit. We are all going to miss him. Sleep in peace Cuillin.

Oh Margaret hug It is the right thing but makes it no easier Frown
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #357 on: June 04, 2013, 09:16 AM »

I know I am really upset but it has to be done.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Dogs « Reply #358 on: June 04, 2013, 09:26 AM »

So sorry sweetie.....Just remember,  the last act of love you can do for him, is to let him go. I've been through it four times, so I know how you feel. and I'm crying even as I write this at the memory. I can tell you this though, he will go on to a better place and you will see him again one day!  hug
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Dogs « Reply #359 on: June 04, 2013, 09:49 AM »

I'm so,so sorry to hear that news LB,it must be so hard for you right now Frown hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »