Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Dogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 40 Go Down Reply
Author

Dogs

(Read 14519 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Dogs « Reply #390 on: February 23, 2014, 02:58 AM »

The URL is the host for Facebook pics I believe.

I hope Benji can make a full recovery.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #391 on: February 23, 2014, 06:57 AM »

Thank you Caz, Westie, Margaret and Dianne.
I know it's probably time, but so hard to make THAT decision when he still has that spark in his eyes. He looks in no pain. Vet tells us prognosis is poor.
We love him so.

Really sorry for you, I have only had my Millie for 18 months, but her paws are firmly clamped round my heart. The idea of losing her doesn't bear thinking about. Hope you manage to have a little longer with him. You will know when it is time to let him go.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Dogs « Reply #392 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20 AM »

We rescued Lady, our little Collie cross at 10 weeks old and when she was 3 years old, her puppies were born under our stairs. Five of them!  wub We sold one to an Agility family and kept the other four, but we also had loads of contact with the one we sold, right till the end. When they were young, it was wonderful and we thought they'd live forever. They all lived till grand old ages, but still......I don't know where the time went!  confused They've left a hole in my life a mile wide and it can't be repaired, but I feel so very, very privileged to have known them and though it was hard at the end when I lost them....I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! Linda.....my heart goes out to you sweetie!  hug
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #393 on: February 23, 2014, 12:14 PM »

I'm very sorry Scotnadian to hear your dog is so sick.  When a dog is a real member of the family like yours, serious illness is very hard to bear I sincerely hope that he is recovering now . I have always found with all my six dogs I have always known when the time has come to give them what Governments deny human beings, a painfree passing.I am sure you will know as well
My thoughts are with you
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #394 on: February 23, 2014, 12:17 PM »

I know how you feel Linda I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. I love animals and the love they return without thinking about it. They bring joy into our families and ask nothing in return. Hope Benji gets better it is good that he is at home with the one's that love him the most.
IP Logged
myren
Junior

Re: Dogs « Reply #395 on: February 23, 2014, 01:12 PM »

So sorry to hear about your dog Scotnadian.  We had the same diagnosis for our little beagle a few weeks back(Christmas Eve).  It was devastating news to get and see the results of the blood tests  - of the 43 markers only 3 were in her favour the other 40 forty red lines showing everything else in a really bad way.  After the initial shock the most immediate problem was to get her to eat and to eat food that would give her quality of life and not do her further harm.

We now have her on prescription dog food that is specially made for dogs with renal failure.  It is called Medi-Cal Reduced Protein made by Rroyal Canin (Guelph).  It is only available from your vet.  She is also given a veterinarian prescribed supplement called Epakitin.  It is a calcium binder that binds the phosphorus (her phosphorus levels were off the chart). It has proved to be a great help - she is not vomiting and does not appear to have nausea.  The dog food is available in both can and dry.  We chose the can food.

I know each situation is different and my thoughts are with your and your family. Dogs are special creatures they bring such joy to life and we can learn so much from them.   My heart is with you.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #396 on: February 23, 2014, 10:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about Benji, Linda. Not a pets person myself, but can see they become part of the family. Best wishes to you all.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Dogs « Reply #397 on: February 24, 2014, 11:36 AM »

Hope Benji is improving, Scot.    At least he is home where he belongs.   That is good medicine.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #398 on: February 24, 2014, 08:43 PM »

Fingers crossed for Benji, Linda!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Dogs « Reply #399 on: February 24, 2014, 09:12 PM »

Thanks a bunch, folks. xxx

He's still hanging on in there. (I) went to see the vet today, to get some more appetite stimulant pills for him. Vet still not giving us much hope.

Foolish or not, we do.

As long as he has that glint in his eye, not showing any pain, and can raise his tail a bit, then..

He's started taking an interest in his surroundings, a bit of barking when he hears outside noises, and accepting the food I'm cooking for him.
Never in my life have I cooked chicken hearts with rice, but hey...

There's a joke in our house that I never, ever cook liver. Well, guess that's gonna change. Got to help my boy fight!
Thanks again for your kind wishes x
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #400 on: February 25, 2014, 11:35 AM »

Keep at it Food a little and often similarily fluids;if he has the energy to bark you surely are half way there Liver is great, try it
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Dogs « Reply #401 on: February 25, 2014, 04:47 PM »

having pets is such a blessing until they get sick and one feels so bloody.

Good wishes comming your way Linda.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Dogs « Reply #402 on: February 27, 2014, 09:37 PM »

Thanks again.
He's currently curled up at my feet as I type this.

Hope is a curse.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Dogs « Reply #403 on: February 27, 2014, 11:16 PM »

Am so glad Benji is feeling better Scotnadian.I have a dog a little shitzu Izzy, I cannot imagine life without her she will be 10 years old in may.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Dogs « Reply #404 on: February 27, 2014, 11:26 PM »

Am so glad Benji is feeling better Scotnadian.I have a dog a little shitzu Izzy, I cannot imagine life without her she will be 10 years old in may.

My dog's a Lhaso Apso, the cousins of the shitter zoo's.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 40 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »