Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker  (Read 5633 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #240 on: August 04, 2010, 11:01 PM »

Teacher's pet :p  And it's novel.... not noval....  Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #241 on: August 04, 2010, 11:03 PM »

And it's novel.... not noval....  Wink
Thanks Miss.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #242 on: August 04, 2010, 11:04 PM »

Thanks Miss.

whip  You're welcome.... Wink
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

"GIRL OF MY DREAMS" in Chit-Chat.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #243 on: August 05, 2010, 12:40 PM »

You wrote a novel because you want your life to live on when you die, sort of thing.

You wrote a novel because you you want your children (I have no idea if you have any) to learn the important lessons you've experienced in life.

You wrote a novel because your wife suggested you do it but now she's gone (no idea if she's alive or not), you have the motivation to do it.

You wrote a novel because you have nothing better to do with your time now.

OK. These answers are credited to you, because you are the first to make them.

The full list will be added to the end of each Chapter as I publish them.

You’re getting warm. Smile

Clue: The right answer is a bit more specific.   
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #244 on: August 05, 2010, 12:45 PM »

Which one was warm? Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #245 on: August 05, 2010, 01:06 PM »

Okay ... I need to post my answer ....

because you want closure ...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #246 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08 PM »

That's a bit vague...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #247 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09 PM »

It's not at all vague ....  Very Happy  it's very precise .... (bet George knows what I mean - even if I am wrong) ...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #248 on: August 05, 2010, 01:10 PM »

Mine are more specific and even those apparently are not specific enough... yours is very vague, 'closure' is a broad answer, closure on what? You need to specify that.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #249 on: August 05, 2010, 01:12 PM »

Mine are more specific and even those apparently are not specific enough... yours is very vague, closer is a broad answer, closure on what? You need to specify that exactly.

Oh Maaaaaaark ..... okay ....

It's an emotional thing.  George is writing his novel so that he can purge his soul and renew his spiritual well being .... that's what is known as closure ..

Is that better?

George ..... are you there ..... come and rescue me ... Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #250 on: August 05, 2010, 01:15 PM »

I thought you might have been talking about closure from the death of a loved one but I had to admit, I haven't really hard of spiritual/soul closure like that.. so being more specific was certainly necessary! Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #251 on: August 05, 2010, 01:16 PM »

I thought you might have been talking about closure from the death of a loved one but I had to admit, I haven't really hard of spiritual/soul closure like that.. so being more specific was certainly necessary!

Okay ....  hug  Most probably because you haven't been down that particular road as yet, and with any luck, AND if you continue to love and adore your gf, you'll never have to find out ....
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #252 on: August 05, 2010, 01:18 PM »

Okay ....  hug  Most probably because you haven't been down that particular road as yet, and with any luck, AND if you continue to love and adore your gf, you'll never have to find out ....
It almost sounds religious? I'm used to hearing about closure from the death of a loved one, closure from experiencing a traumatic event like a car crash but I've never heard of closure as you described it... closure as being to achieve the purging of ones soul to renew some spiritual thing, sounds a bit cultish Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #253 on: August 05, 2010, 01:23 PM »

It almost sounds religious? I'm used to hearing about closure from the death of a loved one, closure from experiencing a traumatic event like a car crash but I've never heard of closure as you described it...

Hmmm .... trying to work out how I can explain it any better ...okay, let's see.

For instance, if someone keeps a journal - either spiritual or life, it can be extremely therapeutic.  Some people have terribly harrowing times, but find they are completely unable to describe them or talk about them in any way to anyone else.  Writing this down does two things ... it keeps it private and can provide a great relief, especially if the journal keeper is harbouring great feelings of bitterness (say).  So, rather than visit a p-shrink, just write it down.  Additionally, writing down a personal history can be extremely revealing - but only if the journal keeper is honest.  It can put certain things in perspective.  So, it is therapeutic and enables one to move on.

Is that better? 

So, all of that equals closure .... i.e. closing one chapter and moving on with the next ...

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #254 on: August 05, 2010, 01:25 PM »

It almost sounds religious? I'm used to hearing about closure from the death of a loved one, closure from experiencing a traumatic event like a car crash but I've never heard of closure as you described it... closure as being to achieve the purging of ones soul to renew some spiritual thing, sounds a bit cultish Very Happy

With regard to most people, most probably bad choice of words on my part .... with regard to George maybe a little more accurate.

Maybe George will turn up and tell me I'm havering .... lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »