Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker

(Read 7012 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #255 on: August 05, 2010, 01:26 PM »

For instance, if someone keeps a journal - either spiritual or life, it can be extremely therapeutic.  Some people have terribly harrowing times, but find they are completely unable to describe them or talk about them in any way to anyone else.  Writing this down does two things ... it keeps it private and can provide a great relief, especially if the journal keeper is harbouring great feelings of bitterness (say).  So, rather than visit a p-shrink, just write it down.  Additionally, writing down a personal history can be extremely revealing - but only if the journal keeper is honest.  It can put certain things in perspective.  So, it is therapeutic and enables one to move on.

Is that better? 
That makes sense, so I would have understood if you had said that writing this book gives him closure with various events his experienced in his life but I thought you were referring to a specific event and thus the need for clarification.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #256 on: August 05, 2010, 01:28 PM »

That makes sense, so I would have understood if you had said that writing this book gives him closure with various events his experienced in his life but I thought you were referring to a specific event and thus the need for clarification.

I just jumped to the end of the paragraph (mentally) and assumed everyone was along with me .... it's a common expression for what you have just described and generally does not need an explanation .... Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #257 on: August 05, 2010, 01:29 PM »

And, after all of that, I may not have it right anyway ............ Smile
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

"ELIZABETH GWEN 27.4.70" in Chit-Chat.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #258 on: August 05, 2010, 01:43 PM »

Which one was warm? Smile

One of ‘em.  Smile

Hmmm .... trying to work out how I can explain it any better ...okay, let's see.

For instance, if someone keeps a journal - either spiritual or life, it can be extremely therapeutic.  Some people have terribly harrowing times, but find they are completely unable to describe them or talk about them in any way to anyone else.  Writing this down does two things ... it keeps it private and can provide a great relief, especially if the journal keeper is harbouring great feelings of bitterness (say).  So, rather than visit a p-shrink, just write it down.  Additionally, writing down a personal history can be extremely revealing - but only if the journal keeper is honest.  It can put certain things in perspective.  So, it is therapeutic and enables one to move on.

Is that better? 

So, all of that equals closure .... i.e. closing one chapter and moving on with the next ...

OK. I know what you mean. You’re referring to a person trying to get to grips with a harrowing experience so that they can make sense of it and put it behind them. 

That makes sense.  Smile

OK. I’ve recorded that. You are credited with any answer to do with closure.

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #259 on: August 05, 2010, 01:44 PM »

<bigsigh> ... but, I didn't win ........... shucks.  Does this mean I have to keep on thinking .... Smile
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #260 on: August 05, 2010, 04:40 PM »

<bigsigh> ... but, I didn't win ........... shucks.  Does this mean I have to keep on thinking .... Smile

How do you know? The winner won’t know she’s won until we get to the final page and she’s sees it for herself.

Yes, you have to keep on thinking, because the more answers you find, the better chance you have of being the first person to produce the right one.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #261 on: August 05, 2010, 04:40 PM »

I know I haven't won though as you said I was only warm, I'm devastated Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #262 on: August 05, 2010, 04:42 PM »

How do you know? The winner won’t know she’s won until we get to the final page and she’s sees it for herself.

But George .... at the rate you're producing these chapters we could all be dead and buried .... and never know the answer.  Even worse .... you could be dead and buried ..... OH MY ....... 
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #263 on: August 05, 2010, 05:20 PM »

Gon on, Daisy you can do it! Think you've got a secret passion for our George Whistle
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #264 on: August 05, 2010, 05:23 PM »

I know I haven't won though as you said I was only warm, I'm devastated Very Happy
If you two keep on like this we'll never get the next chapter! I'll certainly be dead and buried and in ignorance too - I'll have to do a ghostly return to MW to read the rest and haunt you all in the process. w00t nervous
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #265 on: August 05, 2010, 05:25 PM »

Daisy and George sitting in a tree... Heart

Gwan George, she wants you to court her like a gentleman.
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #266 on: August 05, 2010, 05:32 PM »

Do you mean you know you haven’t won, yet? There’s no limit on the number of entries a person can submit.  Smile

You might win by being the warmest!! Smile

But George .... at the rate you're producing these chapters we could all be dead and buried .... and never know the answer.  Even worse .... you could be dead and buried ..... OH MY ....... 

How troooo!  But I might have picked up enough literary and psychological tips from this website now, to proceed to Chapter 7.

Go on, Daisy you can do it! Think you've got a secret passion for our George Whistle

Go on Jan! I think you can do it, too!!  Smile

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #267 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33 PM »

roflmao nah
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #268 on: August 05, 2010, 05:33 PM »

In a tree Mark .... the tears are rolling down my cheeks .... oh my .... lmao  plus everyone knows I'm true blue to my sweetie .... only one guy at a time ...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #269 on: August 05, 2010, 05:35 PM »

Gon on, Daisy you can do it! Think you've got a secret passion for our George Whistle

I REALLY wanted to win the £100 because I was going to give £50 each to Andrew and Allen for their birthdays .....

My passion for George is all cerebral  ....
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »