Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker

(Read 6434 times)
George183
Challenger Level

"ELIZABETH GWEN 27.4.70" in Chit-Chat.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #60 on: April 30, 2010, 06:15 PM »

The saga continues - many thanks George. This is the story of your first divorce - I went through one and fortunately never came near another - I don't envy you suffering any more.

OK. So you got it right second time. I’ll think my story might make it clear why I’m incapable of ever getting it right.
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #61 on: April 30, 2010, 06:23 PM »

Oh heck ..... chapter 3 and I need to go back and re-read chapter 2 ..... I'm just never going to catch up at this rate .. Very Happy

I’m impressed by your dedication. You really want to be able to understand exactly what happened then?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #62 on: April 30, 2010, 06:24 PM »

I’m impressed by your dedication. You really want to be able to understand exactly what happened then?

Oh, I always do that ............ skim it at a great rate of knots (can't bear the suspense), then re-read it for the details and sometimes a third time ............
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 07:00 PM »

Oh, I always do that ............ skim it at a great rate of knots (can't bear the suspense), then re-read it for the details and sometimes a third time ............
She's nothing if not constant is our Daisy, George.
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 08:26 PM »

She's nothing if not constant is our Daisy, George.

OK, you are both being so dedicated about this that I have to be honest and tell you that there is in fact just a little bit more behind what you are reading than immediately meets the eye, but you may have worked that out already.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 08:32 PM »

OK, you are both being so dedicated about this that I have to be honest and tell you that there is in fact just a little bit more behind what you are reading than immediately meets the eye, but you may have worked that out already.

Hmm - I have a lot of cooking to do this weekend, so I might not get to all of this as soon as I would like ......
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #66 on: May 16, 2010, 07:44 PM »

This deliciously interesting thread seems to have come to a halt with the Madrid Masters - perhaps we can catch up between now and RG - c'mn George we want some more please!!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #67 on: May 16, 2010, 09:15 PM »

I was thinking about George a couple of days ago, but have been run off my feet.  This is what comes of promising to everyone else's chores while they all go off gallivanting!  Elizabeth Gwen is not going anywhere though .....
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #68 on: May 17, 2010, 10:50 AM »

This deliciously interesting thread seems to have come to a halt with the Madrid Masters - perhaps we can catch up between now and RG - c'mn George we want some more please!!

OK, well I must admit I have had a lot of demands the last two weeks, with Sky covering both the ladies (on HD) and the men (NOT on HD, for some reason) all day, and with my next Court Case, and with workmen removing the rubble from my garden and laying a path and turfs, and with my trying, unsuccessfully, to work out how to get Audible Books (“Emma” read by Prunella Scales in particular) onto my Ipod, and with my planting my hanging-baskets, and so on, but if there is a now a demand for my next Chapter I guess I’d better get on to that.

It is nearly ready. There are just one or two paragraphs to tweak. I do like to get everything right ... Smile !
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #69 on: May 17, 2010, 10:52 AM »

I was thinking about George a couple of days ago, but have been run off my feet.  This is what comes of promising to everyone else's chores while they all go off gallivanting!  Elizabeth Gwen is not going anywhere though .....

Funny thing you should say that .... !
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #70 on: May 17, 2010, 11:23 AM »

OK, well I must admit I have had a lot of demands the last two weeks, with Sky covering both the ladies (on HD) and the men (NOT on HD, for some reason) all day, and with my next Court Case, and with workmen removing the rubble from my garden and laying a path and turfs, and with my trying, unsuccessfully, to work out how to get Audible Books (“Emma” read by Prunella Scales in particular) onto my Ipod, and with my planting my hanging-baskets, and so on, but if there is a now a demand for my next Chapter I guess I’d better get on to that.

It is nearly ready. There are just one or two paragraphs to tweak. I do like to get everything right ... Smile !

As an aside George .... I have a great hi-tec TV screen, but do not subscribe to HD.  I did hear that there is not much difference between HD & a good resolution screen ..... I'd like to know your opinion please ......
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #71 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38 AM »

If you have a big screen, there's a significant difference.

It doesn't matter how good your TV hardware is, a non-HD channel is limited in the quality it can provide you so you will be missing out.

That all being said, I do feel HD technology has been excessively hyped up for what it provides, it's not particularly revolutionary.
[ Last edit by Mark May 17, 2010, 11:43 AM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #72 on: May 17, 2010, 11:47 AM »

It doesn't matter how good your TV hardware is, a non-HD channel is limited in the quality it can provide you so you will be missing out.

That all being said, I do feel HD technology has been excessively hyped up for what it provides, it's not particularly revolutionary.

I suppose the TV shop would have the same programme running side by side - one HD and one non-HD ... ... and your last sentence is what I too had heard.  Why are you messing around on here and not sitting in a sidewalk cafe sipping espresso ....
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #73 on: May 17, 2010, 01:11 PM »

As an aside George .... I have a great hi-tec TV screen, but do not subscribe to HD.  I did hear that there is not much difference between HD & a good resolution screen ..... I'd like to know your opinion please ......

On my HD TV there is all the difference in the world.

What you notice particularly is that the lines and the ball are crystal clear, when on the standard channel  from the same transmission you can hardly see the ball at all, let alone clearly.

The other thing you notice particularly is that if you freeze a view of the crowd you can pick out every individual face distincltly right to the back of the stands ... so if anybody is skiving off work, they had better wear a mask !!
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #74 on: May 17, 2010, 01:17 PM »

What do you mean by "hyped". I absolutely HATE a fuzzy picture. To me it's a revelation! I'd pay double for it. It's only £2.50 a week and there are many more channels now. Only 5 has not yet provided it.

The cost is just a fraction of the cost of the Packages for Movies and Sport and Variety and yet the reception on all the Packages is completely transformed.

Everything is much brighter as well as being much clearer. Everybody who sees my TV set is amazed.

Philips All Round Sound is an asset too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »