Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker

(Read 7921 times)
George183
Challenger Level

"ELIZABETH GWEN 27.4.70" in Chit-Chat.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #225 on: August 03, 2010, 10:58 AM »

That with thanks to me? lol

Of course!!  Smile

Maybe George will even send out a Questionnaire to gather up even more facts .... lol

Hmmmm. !!  Think
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #226 on: August 04, 2010, 09:12 PM »

Now that everybody is getting to know me soooooo well, I feel it only fair that I should offer a small reward to the first person who can answer my next Comprehension IQ Test, correctly.

And so I’m offering a modest PRIZE of £100 for the winner.

There is only one question, requiring one correct answer.

The correct answer is already written and appears on the last page of my novel.

Here is a clue: the correct answer starts with “George wants his novel published because ...”

Here is another clue: the word “because” appears in the answer again.

Entrants can guess as many answers as they like.

“Quote” this message and add your answer underneath.

Comprehension IQ Test

1.  Why does George want his novel published?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #227 on: August 04, 2010, 09:17 PM »

I posted a reply and deleted it again .... it's that word "because" !!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #228 on: August 04, 2010, 09:28 PM »

Now that everybody is getting to know me soooooo well, I feel it only fair that I should offer a small reward to the first person who can answer my next Comprehension IQ Test, correctly.

And so I’m offering a modest PRIZE of £100 for the winner.

There is only one question, requiring one correct answer.

The correct answer is already written and appears on the last page of my novel.

Here is a clue: the correct answer starts with “George wants his novel published because ...”

Here is another clue: the word “because” appears in the answer again.

Entrants can guess as many answers as they like.

“Quote” this message and add your answer underneath.

Comprehension IQ Test

1.  Why does George want his novel published?

I can't be arsed looking, George.  Not even for £100.... sorry... sorry
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #229 on: August 04, 2010, 09:31 PM »

I posted a reply and deleted it again .... it's that word "because" !!

OK. It’s not that difficult. Here’s a specimen answer.

George wants his novel published because he wants other guys to know how difficult it is to know what to do in a marriage, because he doesn’t want them to make the same mistake as he.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #230 on: August 04, 2010, 09:33 PM »

Hmmm .... going to have to ponder my answer some more .... but I definitely have a theory!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #231 on: August 04, 2010, 09:34 PM »

^ The sentiment is good, but there is no way you can force these things, no matter how good the intentions.  People have to make their own mistakes.  It's the only way to learn. Smile
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #232 on: August 04, 2010, 09:36 PM »

I can't be arsed looking, George.  Not even for £100.... sorry... sorry

That's not the right answer. Smile

I thought you were looking anyway.

I'm looking for directional input, to guide my composition, not readers.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #233 on: August 04, 2010, 09:37 PM »

That's not the right answer. Smile

I thought you were looking anyway.

I'm looking for directional input, to guide my composition, not readers.
I know.  I'm a disappointment, but I'm rather knackered tonight....  Frown
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #234 on: August 04, 2010, 09:38 PM »

George ...... you are a pistol ... lol
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #235 on: August 04, 2010, 09:59 PM »

Hmmm .... going to have to ponder my answer some more .... but I definitely have a theory!

How intriguing. You can come up with as many answers as you like. First come, first serve.

^ The sentiment is good, but there is no way you can force these things, no matter how good the intentions.  People have to make their own mistakes.  It's the only way to learn. Smile

Well I can’t quite agree with that. I knew absolutely nothing about Sex before I got married, and so, I read “Sex and Marriage” by an acknowledged expert http://www.librarything.com/author/chessereustace so that I wouldn’t make any mistakes.

But it was so unhelpful, that it was probably the cause of my marriage becoming a failure, which mistake, my novel, is seeking to correct.

I’m sure you could write a book about what you have learnt about marriage that would help other people avoid the mistakes you made, too, (if you made any, that is).   Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #236 on: August 04, 2010, 10:01 PM »

Gosh George .... that is so sad ... hug
IP Logged
George183
Challenger Level

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #237 on: August 04, 2010, 10:03 PM »

Gosh George .... that is so sad ... hug

Bloody right, mate !! Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #238 on: August 04, 2010, 10:06 PM »

How intriguing. You can come up with as many answers as you like. First come, first serve.

Well I can’t quite agree with that. I knew absolutely nothing about Sex before I got married, and so, I read “Sex and Marriage” by an acknowledged expert http://www.librarything.com/author/chessereustace so that I wouldn’t make any mistakes.

But it was so unhelpful, that it was probably the cause of my marriage becoming a failure, which mistake, my novel, is seeking to correct.

I’m sure you could write a book about what you have learnt about marriage that would help other people avoid the mistakes you made, too, (if you made any, that is).   Smile

That's what I mean, George.  You can learn all the theory you like, but it's very different when you put it into practice.  I could bore my children rigid with tales of what they should and shouldn't do, but it would only serve to confuse them.  They need to go out there and experience stuff for themselves, and make their own minds up. 

Of course I made mistakes.  However, I never got to rectify them.  And even then, that comes across as idealistic, but it is how it is. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Elizabeth Gwen 27.4.70 by George Parker « Reply #239 on: August 04, 2010, 10:56 PM »

You wrote a novel because you want your life to live on when you die, sort of thing.

You wrote a novel because you you want your children (I have no idea if you have any) to learn the important lessons you've experienced in life.

You wrote a novel because your wife suggested you do it but now she's gone (no idea if she's alive or not), you have the motivation to do it.

You wrote a novel because you have nothing better to do with your time now.
[ Last edit by Mark August 04, 2010, 11:02 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »