Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Explosions at Boston marathon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Explosions at Boston marathon

(Read 3954 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #165 on: April 16, 2013, 11:21 AM »

Regardless of nationality or group or religion or whatever, anyone who plants bombs with the intention to kill innocent civilians is a "terrorist." Saw a horrific photo of a guy who had both legs blown off being wheeled away in a wheelchair. Another guy was literally holding onto the arteries that were hanging out to stop the blood, and the tendons were getting caught up in the wheels. He must he been standing right next to the bomb. Going to have nightmares about that photo for a while I think.

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #166 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42 AM »

This.

I think it's intellectually dishonest to pretend that we don't suspect who did this.

This is going to sound horrible, but if this is really Al-Qaeda, it was poor execution. And don't they usually claim responsibility as soon as possible?

Conspiracy theorists are going to go crazy with this **** and I say let them.

A bunch of us are going to MGH instead of our first class to donate blood today. There's still a ton of things to do with regards to the victims.

Regardless of nationality or group or religion or whatever, anyone who plants bombs with the intention to kill innocent civilians is a "terrorist." Saw a horrific photo of a guy who had both legs blown off being wheeled away in a wheelchair. Another guy was literally holding onto the arteries that were hanging out to stop the blood, and the tendons were getting caught up in the wheels. He must he been standing right next to the bomb. Going to have nightmares about that photo for a while I think.

Agreed. Knowing America, domestic terrorism won't be spun that way, so if it isn't al-Qaeda, it'll just be the work of a madman.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #167 on: April 16, 2013, 11:55 AM »

A bunch of us are going to MGH instead of our first class to donate blood today. There's still a ton of things to do with regards to the victims.

Well done TG. I was mad with you last night but that is very admirable indeed.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #168 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23 PM »

I saw the same one. Made me a bit queasy. The guy holding his artery was damn heroic.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #169 on: April 16, 2013, 12:46 PM »

I think it was a domestic threat, not Al Qaeda. Similar to the Oklahoma bombings, although the motives are unclear.

Based on the explosives, the scale, the way it was carried out. It doesn't have the hallmarks of an Al Qaeda attack, or a similar terrorist cell.

And there is my shoddy, half-baked, ill-informed analysis of proceedings.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #170 on: April 16, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Well done TG. I was mad with you last night but that is very admirable indeed.

lol

Continue to be mad with me. Don't care.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #171 on: April 16, 2013, 01:19 PM »

Bomb explosions are an every day occurrence in Iraq, Afganistan, Syria etc etc.
Don't get reported any more.

Yes, I saw pictures of hundreds of Afghan children dead not so long ago and a lot of the bodies didn't have any arms or legs and the faces were distorted barely recognizable. They almost never get reported.

America, of course, has its own problems and even 9/11 isn't as clear cut as it seems.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #172 on: April 16, 2013, 01:34 PM »

It doesn't have the hallmarks of an Al Qaeda attack, or a similar terrorist cell.
I agree, from the point of view that all Al Qaeda/Islamic extremist bombings have been carried out by suicide bombers, and there seems to be no evidence so far of this.

As for these despicable sickos, there's no word really to describe them - http://now.msn.com/boston-marathon-explosion-charity-scam-started-by-fake-twitter-accounts
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #173 on: April 16, 2013, 01:53 PM »

This is going to sound horrible, but if this is really Al-Qaeda, it was poor execution.
For the record, I would never try and assume which particular terrorist group is behind this but I do think it's fair to assume it was terrorism.

I don't see a problem  with assumption here if it's reasonable.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #174 on: April 16, 2013, 02:23 PM »

For the record, I would never try and assume which particular terrorist group is behind this but I do think it's fair to assume it was terrorism.
To my mind it has all the hallmarks of the worst of the IRA attrocities, although why they would be causing carnage in Boston I wouldn't know - but then goodness knows what secret agenda these people are still pursuing.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #175 on: April 16, 2013, 03:34 PM »

To my mind it has all the hallmarks of the worst of the IRA attrocities, although why they would be causing carnage in Boston I wouldn't know - but then goodness knows what secret agenda these people are still pursuing.

If there's one city the IRA wouldn't bomb, it would be Boston! Boston was a primary benefactor to the IRA back in the day.

I do see your points regarding the hallmarks though. The detonation timing of the second bomb in particular.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #176 on: April 16, 2013, 03:36 PM »

If there's one city the IRA wouldn't bomb, it would be Boston!

Boston was a primary benefactor to the IRA back in the day.
Thanks.  I wasn't aware of that.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #177 on: April 16, 2013, 03:41 PM »

This is a really sick thought but if it were "experts," they'd probably target the Pru, which is literally on the same street as Copley Plaza (a little further back). 52 stories high.

I really don't know if justice will be served or not. I would assume if the perpetrators were proud/wanted to put their name on this, they would have by now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #178 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43 PM »

This is a really sick thought but if it were "experts," they'd probably target the Pru, which is literally on the same street as Copley Plaza (a little further back). 52 stories high.

I really don't know if justice will be served or not. I would assume if the perpetrators were proud/wanted to put their name on this, they would have by now.
Which again doesn't suggest terrorists because they're usually pretty quick to claim responsibility.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #179 on: April 16, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Oh god,just saw this on twitter :

"MGH surgeon believes the bombs were packed with pellets or nails -- items meant to harm. Some have 30 or more in their body. "

It's all just so sickening.I cannot understand how people do things like this.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »