Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Explosions at Boston marathon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Explosions at Boston marathon

(Read 3256 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #180 on: April 16, 2013, 03:47 PM »

Oh god,just saw this on twitter :

"MGH surgeon believes the bombs were packed with pellets or nails -- items meant to harm. Some have 30 or more in their body. "

It's all just so sickening.I cannot understand how people do things like this.

Oh.My.God.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #181 on: April 16, 2013, 03:52 PM »

I've been watching CNN, saw the NYSE give one minute silence before the bell, saw the press conference with top brass and investigators, and saw the press conf. with chief surgeons at one of the Boston hospital. The chief surgeon was incredibly candid and spoke of pellets, shrapnel and nails (or sharp objects he believes were nails).

I know there's appalling atrocities and disasters happen daily to innocent people worldwide, but somehow I'm immune to it. I wish I weren't.
Maybe it's because Boston is a city close to me where ordinary people were going about their business.. and who on earth would be expecting a bomb to be planted under your feet at such a innocuous occasion.

Veronica.. good for you for donating blood. Do you know anyone personally who is affected?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #182 on: April 16, 2013, 03:55 PM »

I don't think so. It's more of the fact that my university is located very close to Copley. Also MGH was crazy, so our uni has set up a centre in one of our building for blood donations with the Red Cross.

The whole city is really subdued today.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #183 on: April 16, 2013, 05:25 PM »

I've been watching CNN, saw the NYSE give one minute silence before the bell, saw the press conference with top brass and investigators, and saw the press conf. with chief surgeons at one of the Boston hospital. The chief surgeon was incredibly candid and spoke of pellets, shrapnel and nails (or sharp objects he believes were nails).

I know there's appalling atrocities and disasters happen daily to innocent people worldwide, but somehow I'm immune to it. I wish I weren't.
Maybe it's because Boston is a city close to me where ordinary people were going about their business.. and who on earth would be expecting a bomb to be planted under your feet at such a innocuous occasion.
Linda - I'm pretty immune to atrocities and disasters too.  I guess I've seen and heard of so many in my lifetime that they no longer really shock or surprise me - the only exception being the unimaginable horror of 9/11.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #184 on: April 16, 2013, 05:41 PM »

This is going to sound horrible, but if this is really Al-Qaeda, it was poor execution. And don't they usually claim responsibility as soon as possible?

Depends on how you define Al-Qaeda. I suspect a Muslim (or several) is responsible, but I don't think it's likely to be an operation that involved a ton of people. Probably some extremists acting independently.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #185 on: April 16, 2013, 06:13 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/boston-marathon-bombing-feds-raid-apartment-police-seek-111920615.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57579766/boston-marathon-bombings-suburban-apartment-searched/

In case you were wondering...
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #186 on: April 16, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Pure speculation but I heard one interesting suggestion that this could be domestic terrorism by some patriot group fearing new gun control laws.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #187 on: April 16, 2013, 07:58 PM »

This is the face of the boy that died aged 8.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #188 on: April 16, 2013, 08:14 PM »

Pure speculation but I heard one interesting suggestion that this could be domestic terrorism by some patriot group fearing new gun control laws.
If that is the case, then they won't do their cause much good by this act.  Surely their anger should be directed at the government, not the man in the street.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #189 on: April 16, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Surely their anger should be directed at the government, not the man in the street.
Indeed. You could say that about every terrorist organisation.
IP Logged
mina

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #190 on: April 16, 2013, 09:37 PM »

bad news ,sorry to hear that ,  hope they arrested very soon
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #191 on: April 16, 2013, 11:23 PM »

Just wanted to say I've heard from Craig. He and his friends are safe, but are obviously upset.

So happy to hear he's okay.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #192 on: April 16, 2013, 11:50 PM »

That's such a relief.Thanks so much for letting us know Linda hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #193 on: April 17, 2013, 03:05 AM »

Not having read the whole thread I didn't realise Craig was there, but I'm very relieved to hear that he and his friends are safe and well, although they're bound to be traumatised by what happened.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Explosions at Boston marathon « Reply #194 on: April 17, 2013, 03:58 AM »

Couldn't donate blood today (low iron level)

but the important thing is that Red Cross has more than enough blood right now. Someone (I don't remember who) made the suggestion that we donate in a month or two when their reserve is low again. Which sounds like a really good idea, actually.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »